Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«311 »
Tapeworm
Nov 30, 2008

When surprising a cock fag with this item, does one stand adjacent to him and hit him with ejecting brass so he can read the message on the ejection port cover, or do something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

TheReverend posted:

I just imagine they put a bunch of Star of David's on the iceberg.

Nope, the iceberg is circumcised.

FiveOClock Charlie
Nov 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, I bought one of these 2 years ago for $170.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=122713187

I hope the winning bidder knows these break 922(r) unless you fix them so they won't collapse. Mine mostly lives in a box in the safe.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

FiveOClock Charlie posted:

Holy poo poo, I bought one of these 2 years ago for $170.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=122713187
Sell that poo poo. The reason it's so expensive is that you can't import any more of them.

Wait... was your "fix" a permanent modification to a $1,000 lump of plastic?

FiveOClock Charlie
Nov 26, 2006

I bought mine less than a month before the ATF pantshitting. I'm gonna hang on to it for a while.

A long bolt can be screwed into the threaded end of the receiver extension to secure the stock in a fixed position. No alterations to any parts.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

FiveOClock Charlie posted:

I bought mine less than a month before the ATF pantshitting. I'm gonna hang on to it for a while.

A long bolt can be screwed into the threaded end of the receiver extension to secure the stock in a fixed position. No alterations to any parts.

What's the overall length when set to FULL RETARD?

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off

Groda posted:

What's the overall length when set to FULL RETARD?

You never go full retard.

14-3/8" on the stock, 40" OAL.

Aquarium Gravel fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 16, 2009

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

came for the amusing listings

stayed for the gunborking.

http://www.gunborker.com/

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

i used AuctionArms for the simple reason their interface was muuuucccchhh easier for me to use than GB's and the search engine to me in GB especially blew.
I dont know. I've not messed with online auctions since i got back. Everything is too high on there.

Oh type of auction i truly hate is Reserved. Come on fucker, just put the minimum amount for what you want for it, as the starting price! With Reserved auctions you can't really know and you can't often bid on two auctions of the same gun because even if you are the winner but not met the reserve, you neve rknow if you bought it or not? I just don't see the use? I think most people who do those things are just fishing, trying to see what their things would brng, if they wanted to sell them, but they set the reserve so high, they are not serious about it.

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

Mishaco posted:

I think most people who do those things are just fishing, trying to see what their things would brng, if they wanted to sell them, but they set the reserve so high, they are not serious about it.

Or they are just waiting for a sucker to pay too much

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

How do I install my "Suprise, Cock Fags!!!" ejection port cover??

Does it come with instructions, I just ordered one.

DJ_Ferret
May 1, 2006

The living pipe cleaner

Hahaha, this is my local shop selling these things! I was in the shop fondling a FAL that was being consigned there when they got those in, they were so proud of their wit it was hard for me not to bust out laughing.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Air Force Bake Sale posted:

Or they are just waiting for a sucker to pay too much

That's the problem with the whole "free relist" thing. Folks have an incentive to post once at a fairly silly price, and just let it re-circulate for a year until some sucker bids on it.

If GB even had a 10c relist fee, it would cut most of that poo poo out, and put the "I have 21,000 lovely nylon holsters listed" rear end in a top hat out of business. Meanwhile, I would happily pay 10c to re-list my $400 rifle if it doesn't sell the first couple times.

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

To be honest, the "America gently caress Yeah!!" ejection port cover is really appealing to me right now.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." - Ted Nugent

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

That's the problem with the whole "free relist" thing. Folks have an incentive to post once at a fairly silly price, and just let it re-circulate for a year until some sucker bids on it.

If GB even had a 10c relist fee, it would cut most of that poo poo out, and put the "I have 21,000 lovely nylon holsters listed" rear end in a top hat out of business. Meanwhile, I would happily pay 10c to re-list my $400 rifle if it doesn't sell the first couple times.

I wish society would collapse so we could all be treated to TTFA's tale of hunting down Holster Spammer and murdering him with a $10 nylon holster.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.

DrakeriderCa posted:

I wish society would collapse so we could all be treated to TTFA's tale of hunting down Holster Spammer and murdering him with a $10 nylon holster.

Dick Robertson pulled himself out of bed at noon that day. Wincing, he cast his gaze gaze over the unconscious 12 year old boy that lay naked in his bed. Throwing on a coat and nearly knocking over a mountain of nylon holsters, Mr. Robertson began his day. He brewed a pot of coffee and flipped open his laptop. At gunbroker.com, Johnson relisted his holsters 21,000 times, each time using a string of related to terms to break the antiquated search engine and confuse the stupid. All of his arduous work had made Johnson hungry. He grabbed his keys and headed to the door.

As he turned the keys in his 1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, Johnson heard something. Ukuleles. The car's 4.6 liter V8, with Mercury Marauder air intake with the integrated mass air flow sensor which allowed the engine to calibrate fuel flow to an exacting standard roared, to life and Robertson heard the sound of ukulele's again. He looked out of the window. The shooter had already dropped the uke, slid out his gun and pumped six shots out by the time Robertson thought to look. The shooter's gun of choice was a Ruger Mark I. It was a completely custom 1-of-1 edition. It had a 7.5 inch bull barrel furnished by Lothar Walther with a target crown. The ejection port had been lowered for positive extraction and the extractor and springs replaced by a custom Volquartsen extractor set. the receiver had been milled from a billet by Ruger instead of being stamped like the average Mark I and as a result the slide was 3 millimeters thicker. The added front and rear weight eliminated any recoil so the frame was skeletonized aluminum with ambidextrous and extended controls. The ultralight match trigger was set at a crisp 2.5 pounds and broke like a pane of the finest glass. The Millet adjustable rear combined with the Trijicon fiber optic front made target acquisition a breeze. The combination of a melonite finish, custom VZ stocks and the pair of Mechanix on the shooter's hands meant that even if such a custom, special gun were ever found by law enforcement that they would never be able to lift any prints.

The 6 rounds of Eley High Velocity Match .22 had met their target. The first two rounds had punched through the Crown Vic's tempered safety glass, slinging shrapnel into Robertson's face. The following four grouped themselves in a tight cluster that punched through Robertson's carotid artery. The effect of such precise, small objects slicing through his soft tissue so quickly was as if a high pressure water cutter had been activated at neck level. The spray of crimson arterial blood burst with such intensity that not only covered the remains ofthe front door window but thickly misted the windshield and the back window.

Dick Robertson fumbled for his Smith and Wesson S&W Model 10 Model 13 Model 18 Model 19 Colt Ruger GP100 Security Six Taurus Charter Arms .38 .357 in his custom nylon holster and opened the front door. His hands were too slick with his ebbing lifeblood to get a grip on his revolver has he slid out of is car. Too weak to struggle, Robertson stared in horror as his killer holstered his pistol and unslung the rifle from his shoulder. It was a Steyr AUG SA A3 with cold, hammer forged, button rifled 16" barrel. The shooter did not even need to look through the Aimpoint M4 at such close range. He fired another 6 shots into Robertson. They were 50 grain Barnes Varmint Grenade bullets loaded over 29.0 grains of AA2520 powder. At nearly 4,000 feet per second, the varminting bullets caused Robertson's body to explode. The geyser of blood, meat and bone fragments arced over the hood of the late owner's prized Crown Vic. Robertson's head and neck, already grievously injured by the volley of .22, caught the brunt of the assault. His neck had been severed and flung the detached head a few inches in the air before it, the head, was hit by a round. It burst like a rotten melon under pressure.

The shooter slung his rifle and stood over the corpse of his victim, careful to not step in the expanding pool of gore and liquid poo poo that was forming underneath. He drew his Estwing hammer and three green army men and drove them into Roberston's chest cavity. At the strike of the hammer, Robertson's body gave its last electrical discharge and sent his arm twitching. The revolver that could have saved Dick Robertson's life was flung like a loose flywheel into the street. The shooter looked down at his handiwork, smiled, and jumped back on his Ceska Zbrojovka Strakonice moped and sped off.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Yeah, nothing can improve on that. Well played good sir.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

El Jorge posted:

Dick Robertson fumbled for his Smith and Wesson S&W Model 10 Model 13 Model 18 Model 19 Colt Ruger GP100 Security Six Taurus Charter Arms .38 .357 in his custom nylon holster and opened the front door.

Hahaha, this right here. This is why I love El Jorge.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

El Jorge posted:

Oh darlin'!

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

El Jorge posted:

Get to work on the remainder of your Unintended Consequences parody, NOW!

Oh god, I think I just shat myself laughing.

gotta go wipe.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Jorge posted:

(meisterwerk)

Amazing, though in fairness I must point out that my Ruger MkII is integrally suppressed.

Need to do a box thread on that one, though I might just do an "entire collection" box thread next week.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

This thread is very timely indeed. I've been looking through GB and with each auction I get more and more pissed off at the sellers violating their vendor TOS and charging a 3.5% markup for credit card orders. I want to call Visa/MC on every last one of those fuckers. Why the hell are so many gun dealers such shady assholes...?

My Flickr Page!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Amazing, though in fairness I must point out that my Ruger MkII is integrally suppressed.

Need to do a box thread on that one, though I might just do an "entire collection" box thread next week.

I'd love it if you would. I know you've talked about a lot of cool poo poo in the past, and I'd like to see what your collection looks like right about now. I think your eclectic tastes are pretty cool, even if the rest of TFR doesn't.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'd love it if you would. I know you've talked about a lot of cool poo poo in the past, and I'd like to see what your collection looks like right about now. I think your eclectic tastes are pretty cool, even if the rest of TFR doesn't.

Yeah ditto

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

DrakeriderCa posted:

As a preview, discounting some random "to be shortly traded/sold" junk:

-Marlin 75C (old 60 carbine) with Weaver 3/4" scope
-Savage 340 (old, old bolt varminter) in .222
-Birds-head .32 H&R Ruger Single Six
-Colt Pocket Positive .32 revo
-Suppressed Ruger MkII
-Savage 311 20ga barely-legal sawed-off double-barrel (I didn't ruin it)
-T/C Contender
-S&W 18 .22LR Masterpiece revo
-CZ PCR 9mm (my taste in combat pistols is pretty bland and practical)
-Federal Laboratories 1.5" (37mm) gas gun/grenade launcher
-got some other NFA coming in, but that'll be its own thread

Then I've got a bunch of cheap autos, revos, and shotguns knocking around. I must have four shotguns of decent make sitting around "in case I want to take a group skeet shooting" and a drawer-full of revos wrapped in treated fabric "in case someone needs a spare."

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Tell me more about this S&W .22.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Smiling Jack posted:

Tell me more about this S&W .22.

Which, the 18? It's a Combat Masterpiece (Model 15) but in .22LR instead of .38 Special. Nothing too weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_18

They don't have a pic of one on Wiki, guess I'll have to upload a pic of mine.

Both pics at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Security_Six are mine, though I no longer have either gun.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

As a preview, discounting some random "to be shortly traded/sold" junk:

-Marlin 75C (old 60 carbine) with Weaver 3/4" scope
-Savage 340 (old, old bolt varminter) in .222
-Birds-head .32 H&R Ruger Single Six
-Colt Pocket Positive .32 revo
-Suppressed Ruger MkII
-Savage 311 20ga barely-legal sawed-off double-barrel (I didn't ruin it)
-T/C Contender
-S&W 18 .22LR Masterpiece revo
-CZ PCR 9mm (my taste in combat pistols is pretty bland and practical)
-Federal Laboratories 1.5" (37mm) gas gun/grenade launcher
-got some other NFA coming in, but that'll be its own thread

Then I've got a bunch of cheap autos, revos, and shotguns knocking around. I must have four shotguns of decent make sitting around "in case I want to take a group skeet shooting" and a drawer-full of revos wrapped in treated fabric "in case someone needs a spare."

tell me more about the shotguns

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Thepossiblelight posted:

tell me more about the shotguns

Nothing fancy. The cut-down 311, an 870, a 1100, and then a really old 1187 recoil-op Remington, just post-WWII. Got it for $125 at a show, and looks quite decent, though I taken it out after clays yet.

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

What is in your sack of handguns and has anybody ever needed a spare

Under what conditions

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

random "to be shortly traded/sold" junk

This is what I want to hear about.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Some Internet Guy posted:

Under what conditions

"Dude, I kinda want to buy a gun. I don't want to get ripped off, but I want something decent, but I don't want to spend a lot of money"

*opens drawer, unwraps layers*

"Okay, here's a S&W Model 10 with 30% finish. I bought it three years ago, shot it some, got bored and shoved it in there. I paid $120 for it, so you can have it for that."

Alternately:

"Zombies!!!"

"I'm on it! Take these *clunk* and distribute them to the villagers."

Speaking of villagers, I need to dig up pics of the guns we confiscated (and later re-distributed to allies) in Anbar. I did a big write-up of it for THR years and years ago. I suppose it's not too tacky to write up a new thread with the old pics, since now it's that many years more historical and poo poo.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Some Internet Guy posted:

Under what conditions

What, you've never gotten a group of people together to head out to the beach, and noticed you're woefully underpistoled? It happens to the best of us.

Speaking of villagers, I need to dig up pics of the guns we confiscated (and later re-distributed to allies) in Anbar. I did a big write-up of it for THR years and years ago. I suppose it's not too tacky to write up a new thread with the old pics, since now it's that many years more historical and poo poo.

Please do. I'd be interested.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

a really old 1187 recoil-op Remington, just post-WWII.
Tell me more about your time machine.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Remington Model 11 maybe?

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Harry in Rio posted:

Remington Model 11 maybe?
Either that or an 11-48 if it's maybe slightly-newer-than-just-post-WWII.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Caveman posted:

Tell me more about your time machine.

There were these Libyans, and I took their plutonium and gave them a casing full of used pinball machine parts...

Yeah, it's actually a Remington 11-48. The Wikipedia article has no pic, so I kind of want to photograph mine to post. Except mine has the uber-common "the too-thin handguard cracked". It's epoxied back together and looks like it's coated in snot. Then again, that's a pretty fair representation of what happens to an 11-48 if you actually shoot it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Ahaha, some retard paid $120 for a Colt AR15 box.

JakeB
Dec 28, 2008

ASK ABOUT MAH PICKLES!!!!one

Craptacular posted:

Ahaha, some retard paid $120 for a Colt AR15 box.

Holy poo poo. This makes me want to sell my S&W box....

But seriously, what kind of fucktard would do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

JakeB posted:

Holy poo poo. This makes me want to sell my S&W box....

But seriously, what kind of fucktard would do that?

Normally I would consider that border-line fraud, because most sellers who do that also show the product people think they'll get. But in this case, he never shows the rifle and you can't even sell firearms on eBay to begin with!

«311 »