Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«311 »
slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

The King of Swag posted:

Normally I would consider that border-line fraud, because most sellers who do that also show the product people think they'll get. But in this case, he never shows the rifle and you can't even sell firearms on eBay to begin with!

and very explicitly in CAPS "THERE IS NO GUN BOX ONLY"

The seller actually did what he should.

My guess is an airsofter with more money than brains bought it for his electric "gun"

Groda posted:

rattle snake skin VERY NICE!

quote:

no sales in STUPID states like cali or anywhere else where people want to be disarmed and left to be raped, mugged, and murdered!
Apparently vacuum cleaners are banned in his cool state however.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

It's just painful when you look on Gunbroker, find a fairly decent deal on something you want, only to discover that the rear end in a top hat on the other end doesn't want to sell to you because you committed the unspeakable crime of living in the state of California.

It's actually understandable with firearms because California makes it somewhat inconvenient for gunshops to import guns into the state, requiring a registration process, and I imagine fees, with the CA DoJ. If they don't see it as worthwhile to deal with that, fine, that's their prerogative. But for some backwoods fudd to deny me ammo, or brass or loving snakeskin because I happen to live in a state that passed an AWB before I was even old enough to vote is absolutely ridiculous.

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Don't you know all of those things are illegal to sell in California.

You may only have the possessions and only wear the clothes the State has previously approved to be issued to you, comrade.

(this is what okies actually believe)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

It's just painful when you look on Gunbroker, find a fairly decent deal on something you want, only to discover that the rear end in a top hat on the other end doesn't want to sell to you because you committed the unspeakable crime of living in the state of California.

It's actually understandable with firearms because California makes it somewhat inconvenient for gunshops to import guns into the state, requiring a registration process, and I imagine fees, with the CA DoJ. If they don't see it as worthwhile to deal with that, fine, that's their prerogative. But for some backwoods fudd to deny me ammo, or brass or loving snakeskin because I happen to live in a state that passed an AWB before I was even old enough to vote is absolutely ridiculous.

There's this guy I know, and he can help you with that for a very reasonable fee

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

King Carnivore posted:

Apparently you have never heard of the awesomeness that is Southern Michigan Arms, run by forums superstar G43.

http://www.southernmichiganarms.com/
http://www.southernmichiganarms.com...id=72&Itemid=47

edit: drat YOU CYRANO

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

That's a really cool service that I might just have to look into when I buy an AK later this year. Shine on, Gewehr, you beautiful diamond, shine on.

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

King Carnivore posted:

As I've said before. Buy it, ship it to me, I ship it to CA. All you're out is $10 + actual shipping and a few extra days in transit time.

Edit... oh, apparently others have said as well.

Kodo Zoku
Mar 6, 2008

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/Search...Keywords=d-link

How the gently caress did a bunch of networking gear end up on bungorker ?

Kodo Zoku fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 20, 2009

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Kodo Zoku posted:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/Search...Keywords=d-link

How the gently caress did a bunch of networking gear end up on bungorker ?

LG Outdoor going out of business sale?

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

T/C Encore Pro-Hunter signed by Realtree Gang

quote:

1. gun
2. gun
3. gun
4. gun
5. gun
6. gun
7. gun
8. gun
9. gun
10. gun
11. gun

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Holy poo poo, they really blindside you with 12-14. Out of nowhere. I'm sorry about the kid, but yikes.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 22, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Wikipedia posted:

The median life span is five to fifteen days.[4][5] One percent of children born with this syndrome live to age ten, typically in cases of the less severe mosaic Edwards syndrome.

I suppose the poor kid has beaten the odds so far.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Captain von Trapp posted:

I suppose the poor kid has beaten the odds so far.

Not to sound like a dick, but why try to keep the kid alive at all? (S)he's going to have a short and terrible life, no matter what they do or how much money they throw at the kid. Stop being so selfish that you must keep them alive that little bit longer to make yourself feel better, just let them die peacefully. This is like families who keep brain-dead relatives on life-support for decades; they only do it for selfish reasons (i.e. "I can't bear to lose them").

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Cheaper Than Dirt
So Cyrano4747 sent you to get his super-duper milfag vapor bags from cheaperthandirt.com, but you can't justify paying the $25 shipping? Well, look no further than the Fantasy and Replica Knives section for the rest of your order:

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

I fully support owning the real things for the pure historical value, or the purchase of replicas for legitimate purposes (educational display, ect), but you know that anyone purchasing these off Cheaper than Dirt are thinking to themselves, "This knife is going to work great for our faux kike and friend of the family lynchings during the klan meets!"

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

The King of Swag posted:

I fully support owning the real things for the pure historical value, or the purchase of replicas for legitimate purposes (educational display, ect), but you know that anyone purchasing these off Cheaper than Dirt are thinking to themselves, "This knife is going to work great for our faux kike and friend of the family lynchings during the klan meets!"

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

It says "designed after the real thing" so I'm not sure how that invalidates what I said.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

And I thought it was too perfect for this world.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

The comments are gold.

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

EndofGoogle posted:

The comments are gold.

Awful lot of guys saying their dads got them one

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

The King of Swag posted:

Not to sound like a dick, but why try to keep the kid alive at all? (S)he's going to have a short and terrible life, no matter what they do or how much money they throw at the kid. Stop being so selfish that you must keep them alive that little bit longer to make yourself feel better, just let them die peacefully. This is like families who keep brain-dead relatives on life-support for decades; they only do it for selfish reasons (i.e. "I can't bear to lose them").

Yeah it's so easy to pull the plug on your kid.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

wood grain grippin posted:

Yeah it's so easy to pull the plug on your kid.

No, I'm betting it's the hardest thing anyone could ever have to do, but I'll tell you what. I can think of nothing more selfish than prolonging the suffering of your child who has no chance at living a life that isn't a brief period of pain of suffering, the culmination of which is the relief of death.

Could I make this decision if I had to? I have no idea, I've never had to and I pray to God I never do, but regardless if I could do it or not, I know what would be the right thing to do.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

So these are in the Fantasy and Replica Knives section, right? The category these blades fall under is ostensibly 'replica', however, I feel for many people that purchase them the more fitting descriptor would be the 'fantasy' part.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The King of Swag posted:

Could I make this decision if I had to? I have no idea, I've never had to and I pray to God I never do, but regardless if I could do it or not, I know what would be the right thing to do.

My father's a surgeon, and just based on what he's told me about decisions made by people dealing with terminally ill relatives, people on long term life support with no real chance of coming out of comas, and care for elderly relatives who have been on long term life support for years, I'll almost guarantee that the decision was made because of religious issues.

It's basically the "every life is sacred" argument. It's a god-given life and it's the responsibility of anyone who is able to to ensure that the sick person lives as long as possible. Before everyone gets all smug goon on this silly spaghetti-monster in the sky religion/superstition, a lot of this kind of Christian rationale is the philosophical basis for what became modern medical ethics.

It's a really, REALLY goddamned complicated issue and involves some really basic questions about what your personal beliefs are. My family knows my wishes on this sort of thing, and I know theirs - we've got the background through my father that we all want to be pretty clear on this and we all pretty much agree on not taking excessive measures to prolong life if there is no real hope of recovery of some kind. I'd personally rather not burden my family for decades as a vegetable. Again, this is a really, REALLY personal decision and I'm not making a judgment on anyone who chooses otherwise.

I really don't know what I'm trying to get at with this, but it's a hosed up, horrible situation to be in and while I might believe that I know how I'd behave were that my child, I'm just not going to make a moral judgment on what anyone else faced with that problem does.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm just not going to make a moral judgment on what anyone else faced with that problem does.

What kind of goon are you?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I just had to post this somewhere.

http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11628

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

They need to make an SKS stock thats the normal original stock but with a wooden pistol grip positioned like that, it'd be sexy as gently caress.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

The real funny part is that he wants $750 for it.

I love people who think they can add up the retail price they paid for all the accessories on something like that, throw in the base cost of the rifle, and call that the "value" and expect to get it.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

King Carnivore posted:

From what I've seen there are two modes of thought among dealers: Punish the buyers for living in the most anti-gun state in the Union or try to sell as much as possible to undermine the political gun opposition. Most sentiment I see is in the former camp.

I will say it's a bitch to sell there however. Case: A friend recently sold an MP28 magazine on Gunbroker. The buyer ended up being in CA. MP28 mags hold 32 rounds. The friend called the buyer who when asked if it was legal, said he wasn't sure, let me check and call back. He calls back and says ship the mag body only, I'll send more money for the rest of it, and ship that separately. Oh and this is for a display anyway. The friend is now irked because:
1. this means two trips to the PO
2. he still may be breaking the law
3. the mag is a valuable and historically significant piece and is to be part of a dummy gun???

Mag body shipped, additional shipping money for other parts were never received.

I'm afraid gunbroker auctions are going to have to be no CA for me anyway. Legal compliance is the most troublesome part.

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

The Rat posted:

quote:

Everything you can expect from an SKS, reliable, accurate, stainless-steel lined barrel.

At least it's not one of those gosh darn aluminum chambers:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3323697&postcount=39 posted:

Delta guys tell me of shooting a round and then having to extract the casing with a cleaning rod while on the Street Without Joy. The aluminum chamber caused problems as it would pit and when the shell fired it would fill the pit holes and the extractor could not get the shell out.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

The real funny part is that he wants $750 for it.

I love people who think they can add up the retail price they paid for all the accessories on something like that, throw in the base cost of the rifle, and call that the "value" and expect to get it.

It's beyond that. What's the current market value of a post-ban Chinese SKS? $200? He's got about $250 in accessories on there. $300 tops. So optimistically he could ask $450-$500 for it... but he still wouldn't get it because it's still just an SKS.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

infrared35 posted:

It's beyond that. What's the current market value of a post-ban Chinese SKS? $200? He's got about $250 in accessories on there. $300 tops. So optimistically he could ask $450-$500 for it... but he still wouldn't get it because it's still just an SKS.

I see this poo poo all the time in the Craigslist Gold thread in AI http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...8#post357105779

I guess people have a hard time understanding how the market works and just because you paid 2k for that body kit doesn't mean it's actually worth 2k.

But then again, the people in question almost universally have terrible taste.

people are loving dumb

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

kuffs posted:

I see this poo poo all the time in the Craigslist Gold thread in AI http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...8#post357105779

I guess people have a hard time understanding how the market works and just because you paid 2k for that body kit doesn't mean it's actually worth 2k.

But then again, the people in question almost universally have terrible taste.

people are loving dumb

Where you see this poo poo REALLY badly is the Arfcom EE. Yeah, you can get good deals there, but for every $20 carry handle there's 10 of them being sold for $5 less than what it costs to order one new - and you'd better be loving living at your computer to score the good deals, because a lot of those get bought up and then resold for a fast profit.

The best one was a few days ago when I was looking at stocks. Some guy had a Magpul UBR up there. He mentioned specifically that he "had it NOW" as opposed to all the places that were backordered and justified his price by pointing to what some local shop near him was selling them for. I think he wanted something like $270 for it, "virtually NIB."

The killer is that if you check off the "I'm a gunsmith without an inventory" box at Brownells you can get the same one from them for ~$230 after the discount. Yeah, it'll be a backorder, but magpul products from major online retailers like Brownells have actually been shipping after a few weeks of waiting. I just got a backordered MIAD from brownells after about 10 days on the wait list.

I mean, I guess if you need it NOW and don't mind paying an extra $40 for it, but jesus . . .

Oh yeah, when I looked at it again today it was SPF. Every minute a sucker and all that.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Yeah, you really have to EE in order to find any good deals. I saw some guy trying to sell a UBR for $399 last week. The good deals tend to be snapped up pretty quickly too, so some luck tends to be involved.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's basically the "every life is sacred" argument. It's a god-given life and it's the responsibility of anyone who is able to to ensure that the sick person lives as long as possible. Before everyone gets all smug goon on this silly spaghetti-monster in the sky religion/superstition, a lot of this kind of Christian rationale is the philosophical basis for what became modern medical ethics.

Modern medical ethics came from the pre-Christian Greeks, namely Hippocrates (hence, the Hippocratic oath all doctors take). Christians didn't have poo poo to do with it, much like every other foundation of Western culture.

also, this (fake) comment is fuckin gold:

quote:

Great Mothers Day Gift
Reviewer: Chet
5.0 Rating
4/2/2008

I think this knife is good mostly for show or display. The blade is on the thin side and I agree with a previous reviewer that it looks like a strong guy might be able to break it, albeit with considerable effort. I would not want to have to rely on this in the wild, but since I rarely get out from grandma's basement, it's not an issue for me. I'm giving it five bullets nevertheless, since it's obviously a cheapie and anyone who expects a top quality knife for $10 probably shouldn't be buying anything on the internet anyway. Plus, you get a cool-looking knife with a swastika on it, which will go nicely with a matching helmet.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

BUCK OFAMA!

I'm guessing they didn't want the secret service knocking on their door, and cleverly switched some letters.

Side note, are there any Mateba Unica 6's that this guy doesn't snap up and try to resell for absurd prices? I know they are rare, but are they really that rare?

My revolver lust compels me to attempt to buy one, but I have yet to actually see one in Washington. Are these prices what these things are really going for these days? Or is there some place I can get one without having to sell my left nut.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

You know, with the title of the thread, I ves ixpecteeng sumetheeng cumpletely deefffferent.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Tapeworm posted:

When surprising a cock fag with this item, does one stand adjacent to him and hit him with ejecting brass so he can read the message on the ejection port cover, or do something else?

Does this mean that PS90, FN 2000, and AR-57 cannot surprise cockfags?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

BUCK OFAMA!

This has to be the most whiskey tango AR accessory I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Craptacular posted:

You know, with the title of the thread, I ves ixpecteeng sumetheeng cumpletely deefffferent.

De um' de durn, bork bork bork!

From what I've heard and seen, the Swedes and most people from far northern Nordic countries actually sound much like this.

«311 »