Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

OK, but did you buy Lost Odyssey and Operation Darkness like I said to?

I'm hunting them. They're rarer games so the prices can get stupid.

Oddly enough there are a ton of auctions for lost odyssey that only have one CD. It's a 4 CD game so it's like. . . . just CD 3 or whatever.

Meanwhile i"m staring at a copy of RDR1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Kinects sell decently. I think I got thirty bucks for one a while back.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

huh. This isn't the ebay thread.

It's me, I"m the ebay idiot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

huh. This isn't the ebay thread.

It's me, I"m the ebay idiot.

Go forth, find the ebay thread.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm hunting them. They're rarer games so the prices can get stupid.

My curse of having good taste in obscure games means that I have no one else to share with...

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

I'm like 90% sure my 360 is in a box in my garage, and I have to go to the post office next week anyway. If you want to, I can throw the power supply in a flat rate box and send it to you. Just venmo or pay pal ne the cost of shipping.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hayden posted:

I'm like 90% sure my 360 is in a box in my garage, and I have to go to the post office next week anyway. If you want to, I can throw the power supply in a flat rate box and send it to you. Just venmo or pay pal ne the cost of shipping.

Before anything is shipped, be aware that multiple power supplies existed for different models and they werenít cross compatible.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011
Chelsea Manning is a goddamned HERO

Captain Log posted:

Before anything is shipped, be aware that multiple power supplies existed for different models and they weren’t cross compatible.

Yeah, this is a problem for the Xbone too. I still use my 6+ year old xbone daily (it's pretty much my cable box) and I'm on the third power brick.

I mean, I'm surprised a first gen xbone has lasted this long, but I'm tired of buying 3rd party power supplies that sound like they're about to lift off the floor and hover around the room like a shithook.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Iím still using my launch XBone and still using the Day One controller that came with it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Internet Wizard posted:

Iím still using my launch XBone and still using the Day One controller that came with it.

360 or the latest gen?

Either way, impressive. I went through four 360s, but the were cheap enough I didnít stress.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

I had two 360s red-ring, but they nailed it after the hdmi port addition. The optical drive eventually died. I got this xbone a few months after launch, used at gamestop. I burn through a controller a year on average from dropping (usually the shoulder buttons gently caress up from regular smacks on the ground), power supplies randomly, but the xbone itself is a goddamn unit and just takes abuse.

I never air-dusted it until a few months ago. Fucker would overheat on youtube until I did that.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

I had a 360 I bought near launch that trucked along until long after I cared to use it anymore. I think I sold it at a friend's garage sale a few years ago but it never got the RRoD or anything.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Captain Log posted:

360 or the latest gen?

Either way, impressive. I went through four 360s, but the were cheap enough I didnít stress.

Internet Wizard posted:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I guess that's the newer one? That's why I asked.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, xbone is current gen. Xbone series X/S are the next gen. Not to be confused with the xbone X or S, which are just rehashes of the current generation.

Microsoft naming nomenclature is dumb as hell.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, xbone is current gen. Xbone series X/S are the next gen. Not to be confused with the xbone X or S, which are just rehashes of the current generation.

Microsoft naming nomenclature is dumb as hell.

Xbox Series X/S, not Xbone series X/S. The XBone name is a shortening of XBoxOne.

I say this because apparently people are accidentally buying XBone X/S boxes right now for insane inflated prices mistakenly thinking that they're XBox Series S/X preorders.

And yeah, they need to just stick a loving number on there. Or give it a crazy name, distinctive to each generation. XBox Thunder. XBox Achilles. XBox Phoenix. XBox Manta. XBox Scorpion.

Give me a call Microsoft, those are freebies but I can do this all day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, good call. I'm so used to just calling it xbone.

Lol. "What if we just put a 'series' in the middle somewhere?"

Xboxes in general have been hard to find anyhow for the past six months. They dumped a bunch of production over to the Series systems and you can't find a standard xbone without substantial markup anyhow. Only the Xbone S is being produced right now, everything else is going to the Series systems.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 5, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Xbox names are almost as bad as HBO streaming services.

My house gets HBO, I have two HBO apps on my phone, and zero loving idea which of them work for what.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Lazy Robot
Jan 18, 2001

yospos

Cyrano4747 posted:

Xbox Series X/S, not Xbone series X/S. The XBone name is a shortening of XBoxOne.

I say this because apparently people are accidentally buying XBone X/S boxes right now for insane inflated prices mistakenly thinking that they're XBox Series S/X preorders.

And yeah, they need to just stick a loving number on there. Or give it a crazy name, distinctive to each generation. XBox Thunder. XBox Achilles. XBox Phoenix. XBox Manta. XBox Scorpion.

Give me a call Microsoft, those are freebies but I can do this all day.

Some of those aren't far off the code names they used. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_codenames#Gaming_hardware

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Cyrano4747 posted:

What's worse are the folks putting up empty Xbox boxes up for stupid prices on Ebay because you can't find them at Best Buy or whatever.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

This guy is leaving progressively angrier voicemails with me and the dealer about how ridiculous it is that he hasn't gotten his gun yet. Neither I nor the dealer have received payment.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

This guy is leaving progressively angrier voicemails with me and the dealer about how ridiculous it is that he hasn't gotten his gun yet. Neither I nor the dealer have received payment.

Have you not been able to kill the sale yet? Dude is loving high if he thinks he gets a gun before you get paid.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK

Oven Wrangler

FWIW I had a money order I sent take exactly two weeks to arrive a few months ago when I bought my CZ-52 on Gunbroker. Although that seller was a moron and apparently was going to be out of town until like a week after the auction ended and never mentioned it at all in the listing or by contacting me. He also sucked at responding to emails or answering phone calls.

The dude you're dealing with does not seem worth the hassle IR35.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

my kinda ape posted:

The dude you're dealing with does not seem worth the hassle IR35.

Yeah, I'd be done with him except the mail has been taking forever to get to us.

SuperDouche
Apr 24, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I've been selling a fair bit on GB. I put down I'll accept USPS money orders or certified check, and then message the winner to ask if they'd like to pay via paypal gift. About 50% do it that way. For those that mail me payment it probably takes about 3-5 business days to arrive. Before you sell anything, make sure you have a UPS center near you that you can ship from. All you'll need to do is declare it as limited quantity and include caliber and # of rounds (UPS has folded the ORD-M category into this) and put the right marking on it (white diamond with the blacked out top and bottom, you can print it off from their site and tape it to the box). All the UPS folks I've dealt with have been super helpful. I charge a flat rate of $20 for shipping, actual cost is around $15-18 per 500 rounds 9mm.

Feel free to either PM me or ask here if you have any questions.

PM'd you.

Anyone have any tips on getting some bids? My 9mm fmj is just sitting with no bids and a watcher, even at .31 cpr with shipping. Would me being a newer user cause this? I sold three items so far and left good feedback, never got any from the buyers.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

SuperDouche posted:

PM'd you.

Anyone have any tips on getting some bids? My 9mm fmj is just sitting with no bids and a watcher, even at .31 cpr with shipping. Would me being a newer user cause this? I sold three items so far and left good feedback, never got any from the buyers.

How much do you have?

SuperDouche
Apr 24, 2008

PleasantDirge posted:

How much do you have?

500 rounds. You're welcome to bid or PM for a deal before a bid comes in. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881237346

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Idiot boomer gunbroker buyer update:

Gun sold on September 25th. Neither the dealer nor I have received any payment. I asked the buyer if he had heard anything from my dealer and he wrote back:

"NO I HAVE NOT???THIS IS NO WAY TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION??? YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER???? my number is [xxx-xxx-xxxx] GEORGE"

I am absolutely not calling this guy any more because he can't just get to business; it has to be grandpa story time. Plus, I like to have a written chat log.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

You 100% need written logs when you inevitably go to GB to void this sale and get your fee back.

File a non paying bidder complaint and move on with your life.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

Nobody Cares

infrared35 posted:

Gun sold on September 25th. Neither the dealer nor I have received any payment. I asked the buyer if he had heard anything from my dealer and he wrote back:

"NO I HAVE NOT???THIS IS NO WAY TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION??? YOU HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER???? my number is [xxx-xxx-xxxx] GEORGE"

I am absolutely not calling this guy any more because he can't just get to business; it has to be grandpa story time. Plus, I like to have a written chat log.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, I honestly can't believe that you haven't already -

Cyrano4747 posted:

File a non paying bidder complaint and move on with your life.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

infrared35 posted:

Old dude just wants a friend. Just buying guns, chatting with men on the internet, and never sending any money. It's TFR catfish.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

ThinkFear posted:

Old dude just wants a friend. Just buying guns, chatting with men on the internet, and never sending any money. It's TFR catfish.

There's clearly a market for Fudder.

To Shark Tank!

But, seriously: report him as non-paying and relist.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I Demand Food posted:

To Shark Tank!

But, seriously: report him as non-paying and relist.

I asked for tracking info for his payment, and he hasn't gotten back to me. I'll give it a couple more days.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

This is just the next evolution from the guy that sells reflective old items he just happens to be naked in.

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

You leave Micromancer out of this, he is a pure delight.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

I Demand Food posted:

Is... is this like butter but made from Fudd milk? Because that's p hosed up ngl

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LimburgLimbo posted:

Is... is this like butter but made from Fudd milk? Because that's p hosed up ngl

No honest man needs more than a wooden churn. Uphill, both ways, in the snow.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

It's like flubber, but worse in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

LimburgLimbo posted:

Fudd milk makes me think of large-breasted cougars in country girl attire. But then again I try to find the silver lining in everything.