Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

bunnielab posted:

Then I will not tell you about the backpack-mounted bug sprayer full of rum punch that I also used to carry around.

I swear Bunnielab we would have been epic drunks if we came up in the same place. Anytime you post a picture I'm like, "When was that taken oh wait that's not my friends."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=160239183

I have come to expect some poor spelling and grammar from the fine folks to post auction at gunbroker. Sometimes though, I read something that goes a little beyond just poor spelling.

drat me, but I want a Finnwolf.

Anyone in the market for a butchered Webley-Fosbery?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=159947673

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

FFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff current bid $2200!?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I know this is far from the worst offender here but what the gently caress is a Linda Carbine?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=160499015

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Craptacular posted:

You wanna feel old? There's some posters in TFR who weren't even alive in the 80's.

I bet some of those young bastards are Twittering this right now!

(We have posters born in the 90's? Yeah I feel old now.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Who is the oldest TFR goon? I know I'm not the oldest by far but for the sake of transparency I'll go ahead and say that I turn 26 in June.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Alright we officially have Micromancer holding the title of oldest TFR regular. Who will challenge this fine man?

Also, who is the youngest person that posts here with any frequency? The Stig is thirteen or something, right?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gwamp at 43 and Homerlay at 15! I feel like we have our winners!

(Someone go ask NosmoKing wherever he is hiding please.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

NosmoKing has been very absent during this age discussion.

Before Gwamp is awarded the TFR old man award I want him questioned.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Being nearly 26 I can say that the 22 to 26 years are the ones where you want to jump off a cliff.

Does it get better? Give me some hope you bastards!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've always wanted the grip on my G19 to look like a furry ballsack.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

gently caress some night sights I have a Gold dot! And a ballsack grip!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Can someone email him? This sounds like a potentially good places to find some crazy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm thinking about just writing something completely nonsensical with a conservative slant and seeing what he gets out of it.

"Oh fine sir your protection of the Thirteenth Amendable has never quite been as just with your affidavit. As Thomas Benjamin Jefferson always said one must first then twice look upon a woman to know freedom is a gun being used against the lowmen of the countryside. To think Bill Clinton and Hillary Camptown Clinton nearly pushed through a new amendment requiring a signed affidavit at a gunshow to show intent to purchase a gunnery license!"

God I could go on for days.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I like turtles posted:

Please start making posts in arfcom like this, making them more and more offended as people try to figure out what the hell you're saying.

And tell us where to look. It's like a Nigerian scammer and a stereotypical blue hat fearing fudd all mixed together.

I'm still trying to iron out the character. Iranian immigrant in law school that is a die hard conservative? I think if I add that English is the second language I can get away with more.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Time to go find a fake email...

NoBramaNoThankyous@gmail.com should do the job.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

You know who did IWB carry a Luger?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've always wanted a Luger with mummified ballsack grips.

So glad I don't have $600ish to blow right now.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Backwards S. I'm sure it's real!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hollis Brown posted:

So I've been eying Glock 34s on gunbroker once in a while and this came up

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=240932267

Someone here has to buy this. Please.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Bahaha check out his other auctions too

My god, it's full of stars...

Is that God damned tapco furniture?!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

It's like the early nineties vomited on a gun. It's so awful I like it.

: gets neon yellow shotgun and does MC Hammer dance :

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I wouldn't care if he had a blowjob robot I would not deal with that guy for anything.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I've seen that doll up for auction on various sights for years. Its never sold.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

They're really good. Basically the author is just re-telling his father's story via the medium of a graphic novel.

Some of the race choices are actually kind of funny as well. Gypsies = moths and so on.

In the same vein the Persepolis graphic novels do well to help illustrate the Iran/Iraq conflict.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oxford Comma posted:

Somewhere on Gunbroker exists a man angry that he can't buy the dried patch of skin with such a number tattooed on it.

There are people that actually preserve and collect human tattoos...off the body...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dingleberry posted:

I wanna buy it and rob a bank with it.

More or less worked for Dillinger.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Dude, the entire gun was rebuilt by the factory. It's like getting a brand new gun!

Judging by the fouling on the cylinder...that looks exactly like the Charter Arms Undercover I ditched when it came back from the factory still hosed.

It went to the factory because it transformed from a revolver to "Throwin' Brick" within its first five rounds.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pitch posted:

Did you try putting five more in?

I hate you.

Seeing a new revolver actually lock up makes you realize they aren't as unbreakable as dickheads claim.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's pretty nuts. You can get them for $250-350 pretty easily.

That's loving nuts.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Shima Honnou posted:

I still regret not buying when they were like $80 each.

I sold my $139 SKS because it had a carving into the stock that gave me the creeps.

I still don't think I've ever lost money on a gun, though.

(Well, the AWFUL Charter Arms revolver I bought, got them to repair, and then it sheared half a bullet into my forehead upon firing. gently caress that thing.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I bought a new Charter Arms 38. Undercover (five shots - hammer - completely awful) and took it out to stretch it's legs. First five rounds the cylinder completely locks up. Couldn't get it open with a screwdriver. There was also huge amounts of fouling around where my right thumb rested.

I sent it to them and got it "Completely Refurbished." I went to the range and the third shot sheared something backwards, into my forehead. It didn't really bleed but it stung like a mother.

I unloaded it, went upstairs, and sold it for $100 less than I bought it for.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If a company can't figure out that recouping 3% of credit card transactions isn't worth the people who will get pissed off or shop elsewhere, then I don't know what to say.

It hurts my brain.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

DeesGrandpa posted:

Gun shops are famous for being reasonable, business savvy, and going to great lengths to not piss off potential customers.

A store I went to was covered in these 3% signs.

I walked into a "gold" shop in Frankfort, Kentucky once with a silver dollar to sell - worth about 15 bucks in silver, minimum. This was two days after all my ID's and poo poo got stolen. I needed the cash for enough gas to finish my day NOT sleeping in my car.

I dress like Henry Rollins or a complete dandy. Today was a dandy day, which normally helps if I have to sell something.

I walk into this shop with that has two old guys sitting in the back. It was listed as a Goldsmith. I figured I'd be in and out in five minutes.

The younger old guy immediately says, "Are you a G man?" and refuses to tell me his name. He then tells me I look like a city boy and tells me, "Only people mixed up in BAD business get a gun in their face!"

He then only gives me ten dollars. I needed it for gas. But a goldsmith bought my silver without paying spot, which is considered borderline illegal.

As I was leaving he told me they don't like my type. I'm pretty sure he was implying I was gay. That happens a lot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pitch posted:

I don't know what the actual law is but I thought it was pretty much a given that if you walk into one of those WE BUY GOLD stores you will get massively ripped off. The whole business model is based on jewelry from obvious burglars and the desperate elderly.

Edit: although probably not as badly as if you just mail it off to one of those services that promise they'll send back a check for fair market value

My family and I deal in precious metals. Some of those "WE BUY GOLD" places are good jewellery stores with lovely signs. Some of them are borderline criminal. But offering below spot is considered the absolute lowest of the low an possibly illegal. It's like giving less than a dollar of change for a buck.

Those places make their money on offering "melt" value for jewellery that they then turn around and sell as is for a profit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is this awful or great?

I think it looks great even though I'm not a big fan of the platform -

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/770251098

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

DakianDelomast posted:

I had an 80s series commander and I loving hated it. The stock sights are awful, replacements may or may not fit, the trigger loving sucks, the aluminum frame beats your hand, and it wasn't very well machined compared to other earlier colts have handled.

I think they're junk and a Ruger LWC is a way better deal.

If only I could bid on just the grips.

Those are cool.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unknown-pistol-grips/202319956802?hash=item2f1b358b42:g:g1oAAOSw9mFbBFhh

Maybe a home made dan wesson grip? Beyond that I have nothing, like this seller.

I honestly think that's a bizarrely made old 70's-ish Belgian pistol grip for an epee.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oh God that's hot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

stealie72 posted:

Yay! Monetizing every goddamn thing.

Wonder if eBay will follow suit eventually.

The thing I can't get over with eBay is how the phone app works better than their website. The website literally costs me money every month through listing stuff incorrectly, publishing incorrect drafts, searches that don't work, etc.

Edit : Motherfucker I compliment your mobile app and then spend thirty minutes dealing with this. My auctions average four to six pictures. See a problem?

Well, I forgot that my email address is my legal name, so I took down that picture.

The six pictures I took for a draft last night multiplied to 170.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I message the person directly and ask them to set it to a buy it now at some price we agree on, or just have them take the auction down and sell directly to me.

I've never been able to successfully snipe anything really.

Word to the wise - This is technically against Ebays TOS and can get your account locked. I sell a lot of collectible toys on my store, and also some silver, and the amount of people with a sob story about "trying to get some silver for their kid (not a joke - this happened) and I need to take down the auction IMMEDIATELY so I can accept their lowball offer" is jaw dropping. I've started reporting most people that hit me with anything more than an offer.

This is completely acceptable some places, but not good ole' Ebay.

Also, sniping software on a Mac - I use... :bursts into laughter: