Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

I've always figured it's an attempt to figure out what their poo poo is worth or luck into a sucker. I've thought about putting my whole collection with reserves double the value of the guns and set to auto list. If a idiot bites why not?

dingdingdingding

If you wanted to move it you'd set the opening bid to the least you'd take. Reserve is otherwise pointless in an environment in which you can set the opening bid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

So I just closed an auction on gunbroker and emailed the guy where to send payment to. I just copy pasted from a txt file i made the last time I sold something. Except I forgot to change the dollar amount owed. And we're talking like $100 difference so it should have been obvious it was an accident and I wasnt trying to sneak one buy. This chucklefuck replies with "Well according to my 5 year old grandson who is a math whiz I owe you $xxx. moneys in the mail"

Did he pay what he was supposed to by the auction, or the erroneous amount in the email you sent, and was the erroneous amount more or less than what was in the auction?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Proper Kerni ng posted:

I had no problem understanding that the point here was highlighting the unnecessary dickishness of a Gunborker dude who probably got a good deal on a good used gun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry, sunspots are causing interference with my comedy detector.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Used brass grip rear end, according to the description.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you know what would actually help clean the whole mess up? Just delete gunbroker

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Didn't realize gunbroker let you sell Nazi poo poo like a physical gun show did. :smith:. I'd hoped they were better than that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DeesGrandpa posted:

They loving shipped it in that condition to the next of kin

They've probably been sued for not returning something in the exact same shape it was when they collected it. So here you go.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

I’m just surprised there are people shocked by the realization that there’s a lot of overlap between gun people and Nazi fetishists in 2018

It's not surprise, it's disappoinment.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just put in the max I'm willing to pay whenever I see the listing. The amount of hatred this generates is unbelievable.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sten Freak posted:

I don't know what rahowa is but the selector markings are pirate speak.

Or should I say, they arrrrrr pirate speak.

E: I've never owned an AR and once a year or so get the urge to buy one. Dumb markings on other ARs wouldn't prevent me from getting one, it's more of an ammo thing and liking old school stuff thing.

RAcial HOly WAr because of course it's White Power.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I put in the max I'm willing to pay whenever I see the listing and check when it's over. Pretty low stress way to do auctions, give it a shot sometime.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's some seller that has been loving up the price ranges for handguns because he had something at 99 million for months

What's the point of doing something like that?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

No really honey I’m trying to sell some guns look I have auctions up! The market must be soft drat trump nothing I can do

Yeah, I get that if you're asking 2 kilobucks for your totally sweet AR and darned if nobody wants it, but a completely bonkers price into seven digits is obviously wrong. Is it just to get views from "sort by price descending," maybe?

Also loving your current av, Cyrano.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Missed this but gunborker is in the craptocurrency racket now:
https://www.prlog.org/12750283-gunbrokercom-introduces-freedomcoin-at-shot-show-2019.html

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The people developing it are the same bunch whose cryptocurrency token thing with Kodak crashed and burned last year. This won't end any differently, they'll take a bunch of money to work on it and produce nothing. They're fleecing GunBroker, pure and simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Prof. Banks posted:

Gross, the thought that people collect that sort of thing has always creeped me out.

You can larp with that as Chris Cooper's character in American Beauty I guess.