Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

SuperDouche posted:

Anyone ever sell ammo on gunbroker? I have some bulk 9mm fmj and I need the money more. I see plenty of auctions with bids on the exact ammo and am tracking a few auctions to get a feel for prices.
I'm still at a bit of a loss of choosing a payment option, I see some listings opting for CashApp/Zelle. Anyone have any experience on the easiest way for you? I only anticipate having to sell a few lots of 500 9mm fmj, and probably some hollow points.

Edit: I am dumb and forgot what a money order is, any luddite could western union me I guess.

I've been selling a fair bit on GB. I put down I'll accept USPS money orders or certified check, and then message the winner to ask if they'd like to pay via paypal gift. About 50% do it that way. For those that mail me payment it probably takes about 3-5 business days to arrive. Before you sell anything, make sure you have a UPS center near you that you can ship from. All you'll need to do is declare it as limited quantity and include caliber and # of rounds (UPS has folded the ORD-M category into this) and put the right marking on it (white diamond with the blacked out top and bottom, you can print it off from their site and tape it to the box). All the UPS folks I've dealt with have been super helpful. I charge a flat rate of $20 for shipping, actual cost is around $15-18 per 500 rounds 9mm.

Feel free to either PM me or ask here if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I'm trying to sell a rifle on GB. I posted 2 pics showing pitting in the bore. I mention the bore is pitted and the gun is inaccurate in the first paragraph. Cue some dumbass putting a high bid down and messaging me 30 minutes later "Oh, I didn't read the item description or look at all the pics, can I retract my bid?". Tell him GB doesn't support that (they only retract in exceptional circumstances, not for "buyer is an idiot". He ends up winning the auction of course. Thankfully he paid me for the sellers fees so I can just relist it, but gently caress, that added a lot of additional time and work on my end for a gun that really isn't worth that much.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I'm working on rebuilding it now (folks on discord have seen the project), but I ended up spending 3k on a Rock Island Auction last month for a gun I really wanted, but wasn't truly prepared to drop that much cash on. Still got it for a lot less than a comparable GB auction. I'm already looking at another 1k to get it back into an 'as issued' state and am constantly fluctuating between "why tf did I do this" and "this is going to be awesome".