Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Yeah, but for whom? For what purpose? We'll never know, but I'd love to know the entire story behind, "You know, this needs a dickgrip, and some smut". Who's idea was it?

Wasn't there a side by side that had a similar... motif?

Fake Edit:
Yeah,

Obviously heavily :nws:
http://denlaptev.ru/uploads/pics/_J6M7100-2.jpg
http://denlaptev.ru/uploads/pics/_J6M7102.jpg
http://denlaptev.ru/uploads/pics/_J6M7100-1.jpg

Sure adds a new perspective to 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Shithead Deluxe posted:

So... what exactly regulates flamethrowers? In the legal sense I mean. Do they fit any ATF definition of a firearm? Or does being armed with fire pretty much take care of that?

Technically nothing. You can buy commercial versions for weed control in most places (though I've yet to see them for sale in California, but we're literally on fire most of the year so I imagine that might have something to do with it).

Does that mean that you won't get your rear end thrown in jail for building a home made one that throws flame 30+ feet away and then playing with it like an idiot? Proooobably not.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

quote:

Kriss Vector CRB
.9x19 Caliber
New with guitar case.This gun has been hydrow dipped.This gun is new and has not been fired.
Stock, barrel, and bore are in good condition.

$2500 starting bid.

I really want someone to do like a psychological study of what it is that makes people putting up auctions suddenly become drooling idiots incapable of the most basic kinds of grammar and spell checks and still have the audacity to ask $$$$ sums of money.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Come visit the EBay thread for more prime examples of this phenomenon.

I've followed it since day one!

It's part of why I made the comment because holy poo poo. How are people so dumb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Only counts if it's not inert.

Story time: Rumor has it (and the rumor pretty well founded and related to me by someone who knows that community, but I can't independently verify it) that the Navy had a live nuke at one of their museums for a few decades. It was one of the OG 50s era devices that were basically v2.0 of what we dropped on Japan and somewhere along the line they thought it would be a cool display. Story has it that it sat there, happily gathering dust, for quite a while until someone loving around with a radiation detector for unrelated reasons realized that it was hot. One call to a bunch of agencies later an elderly core was removed, the (conventional) explosive bits taken out, and the shell put back on display.

I know of A Navy Museum that has a Fat Man Mark IV on display, but AFAIK it never was a live bomb and the research base never actually had anything to do with nuclear testing, just producing non-nuclear explosive components and testing bomb shapes.

I can vaguely maybe believe that that happened elsewhere though because said base also has a group running around inspecting desk ornaments old timers have because there's tons of energetic material/etc stuff just floating around that predates when every last bit was tracked.