Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Mods pls change my name to Obama's Adamantium Nipple

OBAMACURESNIPPLES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

What the hell is going on with some of Bud's GunShop's auctions? A used, 9inch, $300 Heritage Rough Rider with 34 bids? An S&W SD40VE at five dollars over the in-store price? Or how about a S&W M&P 22 going for $40 over list? Sure, why not? This is all cash discount price, mind you. How hard is it to cross-reference prices on the same site you are doing your bidding?

VVV: You're right. I just think it's funny that two little clicks gives you the NIB price. ...I'm in the wrong line of work :(.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 8, 2013

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

stealie72 posted:

If I had those grips, I would unironocally buy a 1911.

So this is the best of both worolds, no?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

That dude isn't even an FFL any more IIRC, what he's doing would probably be illegal as hell in all kinds of different ways if anyone gave a poo poo.

Isn't that the (former) inventory of a company whose owner died, leaving his wife stuck with all that poo poo? She has special permission to liquidate what she has on hand? gently caress, I might have that totally wrong, though.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DrPop posted:

"Pat Burns is a she" for 12/9/2013

Well to be fair, her husband *isn't* an FFL anymore.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

You know you can just copy/paste your avatar, right?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I think many went to the Czechoslovak Legion, as well.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Jesus christ when is this zombie fad going to end?

Every time I think it's going to end, it gets resurrected.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Craptacular posted:

I don't think the pile of poo poo would be any larger than what a gerbil or a rabbit or something similar would produce.

Ever had a rabbit? I swear there's some kind of poo poo "white hole" under all that fur.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

A hole that expels matter?

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure there is. Hint: Look under the tail.

More like, how does an ounce of hay equal a pound of rabbit pellets?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

How many trips through the rabit has the hay taken? Kind of hard to do a food:poop weight measurement with a coprophage

Valid point. It's just weird going from cats and dogs, with their occasional poop breaks, to rabbits' Continuous Pooping Systemô.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

It's like the pictorial Cyrano :words: post of gunbroker auctions.

This guy, I like this guy. Red pen pointing out highlighted text? Check. Red pen already pointing out highlighted and underlined text, but need to point at another bit? Use gun barrel.

M-S 1924

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Did you catch the "Beretta Block Party" one?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

$1275 Mosin PU sniper. What's the draw on this particular one? Progress scope, the stock (shame about the damage), what?

I'd really kinda of have a problem with that stock, if it wasn't for both of mine being scorched up around the handguard. One a pre-war rifle with a Leningrad produced Progress, while the other one is an 08/15 (heh) '43. Those things were luck of the draw, at least from Classic.

E: Off to the races, 1550 and up.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

What's a Progress scope?

Progress, a Russian optics factory. Built by Zeiss(?), located in Leningrad, and then moved east to Samara to escape the Germans. Scopes made by Progress before the move are rarer, with I think only one year of production. The only harder to find variant is an aluminum- tubed series.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

What stock damage are you talking about? The scratched up shellac?

That's pretty normal.

edit: the shellac you see on those mosins is a really thin, lovely arsenal shellac. It wears through with any kind of handling. Never get a sniper if you're worried about that.

Hard to tell on the phone but it looked like dents on the right side, back end of handguard.

I just wonder what makes that one worth $1600. Is the import mark a big deal?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Just FYI, that's what a real Florida Man looks like.

Take a trip through the rest of his auctions if you'd like to see his prescription pill bottle collection, oddly placed gallons of water and Florida's greatest asset: Terrazzo flooring.

Magic Mike sure has let himself go.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Thank you for this, now I'm imagining blister-pack 3rd gens at WM. Hanging from pegboard with no locks, of course.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

It costs $10,000 to fire this weapon 4 times? Can you even purchase the space gun bullets this thing eats?

Not in Florida. Flechettes are illegal.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

stealie72 posted:

If you ever really want to gaze into the abyss, create a search for all firearms under $100 with no reserve that end in the next 2 hours and hit reload for a few days. Who the gently caress is going to pay $40 plus FFL plus shipping for a lorcin frame?

The man who owns the shop/range I used to go to said this about Lorcins and their ilk: "I call these the $25 gun. The casting company makes $25, the manufacturer makes $25, I make $25 and the gun costs $100. How much do you think it cost to make?"

Every once and a while, the hankering for a .25ACP Raven comes to me. It was a fun little thing. How much am I willing to pay for a pot-metal mouse gun of unknown age and round count? Not much, really not much more than $50.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

John Brown edition Sharps rifle, ships in a box labeled “bibles”.

A Beechwood crate, you mean?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Weeks of use per roll, huh? They ain't met my rear end.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Wow, when did women's clothing get so strictly regulated?

Rolling papers.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Elements or Raws?

The small, nasty ones that come in a pack of Bugler.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh Bugler isn't so bad. It's no American Spirit, but it's no TOP either.

I was always partial to Drum. The smell when you open the package is heavenly.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LimburgLimbo posted:

Is... is this like butter but made from Fudd milk? Because that's p hosed up ngl

No honest man needs more than a wooden churn. Uphill, both ways, in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

That's really tame insofar as furry pinup goes.

Is it now?

!

?!