Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Newbie seller question, selling handgun on GunBroker, does the buyer FFL handle tranfer paperwork? I read through all the seller info and even watched the video but I can't find the answer.

Peeches fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Final Blog Entry posted:

Your responsibility is just to ship it legally. Send it to a licensed dealer either yourself or have an ffl local to you do it. Depending on what kind of gun it is and if you're shipping it yourself or having an ffl ship it there are different restrictions and requirements. Everything related to the actual transfer is handled on the buyer's end with the local ffl.

Great idea, I'll head to my gun store to talk to the guys there. I think they're pretty bored anyway with the indoor range shut down still

Peeches fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 19, 2020

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Ceros_X posted:

Since you mentioned specifically it was a handgun it'll probably definitely be cheaper to pay your local FFL to send it for you. If you do it (with a copy of your driver's license inside the box) you'll have to ship it UPS or FedEx next day air or something dumb like that for $100+. If you go through your FFL they can send it USPS priority mail and will charge you their FFL fee. May be a good idea and call around to ask what people charge, rates will vary.

For a long gun (shotgun or rifle), you could ship that via USPS and skip the transfer fee and save some money for some headache. But for a pistol it's almost always cheaper unless your work let's you send out overnight for free :V
thanks for the clarification

Peeches fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 19, 2020

Peeches
May 24, 2018

Internet Wizard posted:

The big thing is to make sure you write down the buyer’s info and include that with the gun so the receiving store knows who to call.

You’d think it would be common sense for the buyer to talk to their FFL first and give them a heads up but you’d be wrong.

10-4

Peeches fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 19, 2020