Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

AceMcSquelch posted:

Well, I still haven't received the antique that I ordered (that was shipped to my old address), but the post office said it has been rerouted to Minneapolis (from Iowa. I live in Wisconsin). Does anyone know about how long this "forwarding to new address" process usually takes? The package was put back in the mail, in Iowa, on Sunday.

I have this happening with a few gun parts and it's really annoying. They say they were delivered to the old address and then picked up and now they're being held for Who knows how long. I want them to be delivered to the new address because these parts are holding up a bunch of work I want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

Thelonious posted:

Don't bid any more than you are willing and able to pay. The end.

I do understand what you're asking for, but Thelonious has the real answer. The answer above about gunbroker not wanting to make less money is 100% valid too. I'm thinking it adds complexity to bidding, and their site's old code, and you would have situations where someone tries to retract their bid ceiling mid-bidding war and the bid gets pushed higher above their newly desired lower ceiling. Then they're complaining to gunbroker support and trying to cancel bids and wiggle out. As an eBay seller I think we shouldn't give people any more avenues or "lol technology!" excuses to back out of bids, enough of that happens already.