Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guri
Jun 14, 2001

Jan posted:

E:

It's not just me, apparently. Maybe the seeds you got were a bit old?
Interesting. Seems that may be it in my case. I dumped out the remainder of the two packets of seeds I had into a glass of water and nearly all of them floated; I know that isn't a 100% check for seed viability but we'll see. Soaked them and just dumped them all into a big container. Here's hoping for at least one shiso plant this year.

I'm in Korea so the "Korean shiso" (kkaenip) is a staple and you can buy the starts anywhere. Wish I had the file handy but a friend took some great photos a couple years back of an grandma that had a full-on shoulder-height kkaenip forest she was wading through.

edit: New page so here is a photo. My (potted) paw paw tree looks like it is going to finally flower this year. I've had it for about four years or so. Last year it started budding but they all dropped; this year it seems they are finally actually opening up.

guri fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU