Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
It's going to be 5 chapters of Takamura getting punched in the face while Keith crows about how it's impossible to fight against the goddess of luck, until he grits his teeth, finds his yamato spirit and then punches him clean out of the ring, killing him instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No panel of Ippo buying that dildo, what a shame.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Nilbop posted:

It's going to be 5 chapters of Takamura getting punched in the face while Keith crows about how it's impossible to fight against the goddess of luck, until he grits his teeth, finds his yamato spirit and then punches him clean out of the ring, killing him instantly.

im nervous it'll be stupid too but i will admit that every time we get a Real Takamura Fight (aka 4 of them probably ever, Yajima, Hawk, Eagle, Bison) it's been quite great

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I'm fine with either stupid or serious as long as it doesn't involve magic big toe muscles and wile e coyote spins.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tbp posted:

im nervous it'll be stupid too but i will admit that every time we get a Real Takamura Fight (aka 4 of them probably ever, Yajima, Hawk, Eagle, Bison) it's been quite great

While Takamura ultimately won pretty easy. Goat was a pretty good fight too.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Lucky guy is gonna slip 3 times in a row in the first minute of the fight and takamura gets a TKO or some dumb poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Lucky guy is gonna slip 3 times in a row in the first minute of the fight and takamura gets a TKO or some dumb poo poo

I don't think Takamura is going to have an easy time with a World Champion

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What are jokes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot, was Dragon portrayed as weeby/dorky over his love for mahjong on that one scene we saw of him?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I forgot, was Dragon portrayed as weeby/dorky over his love for mahjong on that one scene we saw of him?

Not really, more cocky or confident than anything else (chap 1318)

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

Giving Takamura a Behelit Bellend is the exact kind of dumbassed thing I'd expect Ippo to do

Wark Say posted:

Yeah nah, I'm getting heavy Johnny Cage vibes off of him both in personality and design. Could this be subtle foreshadowing to his 'luck' really being a secret illegal ball punch that the ref never sees?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Takes No Damage posted:

Could this be subtle foreshadowing to his 'luck' really being a secret illegal ball punch that the ref never sees?

Bad/unfortunate refereeing is absolutely going to be a part of this fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Super Rad posted:

Bad/unfortunate refereeing is absolutely going to be a part of this fight.

Why.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It'd be unfortunate

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I want feeling I want feeling
edit: a false news story about more ippo anime that didnt get deleted after he posted it was false

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 10, 2020

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
i'm so ready to dive lost mind

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gently caress yeah.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Centzon Totochtin posted:

i'm so ready to dive lost mind

:hmmyes:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Idk why you'd trust this random twitter guy as a news source, but they've already recanted that it was false

https://twitter.com/FujinRevival/status/1336785190727741440?s=20

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

rising ends off more or less JUST at the point the manga becomes unbearable for hundreds of chapters sans the comedy and a few bouts here and there. wonder how they'll manage the adaptation, especially because there's no phenomenal stopping point either

if they go all the way through woli (which would be long as gently caress unless there's a ludicrous amount of condensing) they could frame it as ippo being ready to go to the world but that would be one HELL of a misdirection considering his face explodes the instant he tries

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Julias posted:

Idk why you'd trust this random twitter guy as a news source, but they've already recanted that it was false

https://twitter.com/FujinRevival/status/1336785190727741440?s=20

and that makes more sense.

honestly i dont see any more hni animation ever coming

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
rip, my bad y’all

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kYCRMS4_pA

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:fuckoff:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

tbp posted:

and that makes more sense.

honestly i dont see any more hni animation ever coming

Why is that I’ve always wondered? Isn’t HNI really popular even now? Seems strange they never kept going past the Eagle fight

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Asuron posted:

Why is that I’ve always wondered? Isn’t HNI really popular even now? Seems strange they never kept going past the Eagle fight

Animation is incredibly expensive and is usually not worth it unless you're selling a ton of other merch alongside. Most manga/ln adaptations are meant to sell the manga/ln, and HnI is long past the point of needing an anime to sell copies of the manga. That's also why you see incredibly popular manga/ln anime adaptations just end after a season or two, since they are generally not meant to be a thing on their own.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

tbp posted:

but that would be one HELL of a misdirection considering his face explodes the instant he tries
Dunno how else to say this but (carefully handled) misdirection often makes for good story telling

Either way just cutting 80% of the stuff up until Ippo v Alfredo and condensing it into a season of the highlights should be good for a season. Sincerely hoping they'll have the guts to cut some of the fat when animating this.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 10, 2020

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

pnumoman posted:

Animation is incredibly expensive and is usually not worth it unless you're selling a ton of other merch alongside. Most manga/ln adaptations are meant to sell the manga/ln, and HnI is long past the point of needing an anime to sell copies of the manga. That's also why you see incredibly popular manga/ln anime adaptations just end after a season or two, since they are generally not meant to be a thing on their own.

Yeah, outside of this, the only time you see it happen is when it's a passion project, really. Like OPM's anime was in the first season...though, I suppose, maybe it lead to an increase in merch sales or something? I dunno.

It sucks, but That's Capitalism, sadly. I just got several of my friends to watch all three anime adaptations (and the movies) over the last few months, so my ending it and saying 'and that's, like, maybe 2/3 of the manga? There's quite a few great fights and lots of humor since then, but the odds of our seeing another anime adaptation is low, so...'.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Chapter 1323

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I mean it is for real a fun chapter, I enjoyed it, its just its got zero plot development, but I dont know what else I should be expecting at this point.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ippo didn't get to 1.3k chapters by being in a hurry

i think i prefer a lazier pace to some of the more recent manga lately. Dr. Stone has been moving way too fast lately, as an example

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ippo has become wise in the ways of magic.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bisse posted:

Dunno how else to say this but (carefully handled) misdirection often makes for good story telling

oh absolutely, but if ever there was a tonal shift that i think would legit cause people to drop the series, it would be between a hypothetical "ippo will now challenge for the world title" ending of one season into "ippo is brain broken" the next

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

pnumoman posted:

See the thing is, I don’t agree it wouldn’t improve sales.

It’s actually been long enough the series has faded out of discussion or interest. A new show or continuation would really revitalise interest in the comic and if they’re clever, they could just skip most of the OBPF because it’s mostly filler anyway.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Asuron posted:

See the thing is, I don’t agree it wouldn’t improve sales.

It’s actually been long enough the series has faded out of discussion or interest. A new show or continuation would really revitalise interest in the comic and if they’re clever, they could just skip most of the OBPF because it’s mostly filler anyway.

It's not a matter of simply increasing sales, it's about how much you pay for that increase in sales.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Chapter 1324
Maybe we're finally like 2-3 chapters from the fight?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Boco_T posted:

Chapter 1324
Maybe we're finally like 2-3 chapters from the fight?

If we're lucky

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Huh, so Takamura's next opponent is Lemro.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can tell if Morikawa's art has gotten chunkier, if the scans are just being cleaned in a particularly chunky fashion, or if Kamogawa is legit looking a little bit more rough than usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

OnimaruXLR posted:

I can tell if Morikawa's art has gotten chunkier, if the scans are just being cleaned in a particularly chunky fashion, or if Kamogawa is legit looking a little bit more rough than usual

He definitely looks more sickly than he's typically drawn. Makes me wonder if that's why Takamura is in a rush.