Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Why did ippo shave his own head this time? I mean he probably could've got there sooner if he had just shaved kimura's head. He didnt just buzz it either, he got it clean and put some shine on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'd actually be really surprised if Ippo doesn't return to boxing.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wait, when did he kiss Kumi?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Boco_T posted:

Chapter 1333
Ahh I can't wait for the fight

I'm more worried about Takamura exploding. It's also funny to see Ippo finally reflect on how he reacts to seeing Miyata.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the injured part of his brain has been replaced by more skull

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Will this be it? Will Takamura finally lose a fight? Seems kinda unfair to just have one of your characters ominously say "I GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

time to bring back that theory that takamura is blind in one of his eyes or something

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1339

Old but nobody ever linked it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1340

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The luck thing will definitely come into play, we've just got a hint of it with him being saved by the bell (even though that happens in every fight)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you should know better than to depomp Takamura

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Get in the ring, Ippo

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That "look at his huge right arm!" page has some real meme potential, such a weird pose

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm glad Ippo is having a moment here. Now if he could just do a little introspection

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1357

I really wanted to see Sendo fight Martinez. And I'm ready for Ippo to make a comeback as smart boxing man.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1358

They're bringing back the opponent from maybe the worst fight in the manga, and lmao if Hoshi just loving died

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I can't believe no one else was able to capitalize on Wally's major weakness, being tapped in the same spot repeatedly.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Karasawa, but that was also the opponent who decided he'd train his abs to endure Ippo's body blows.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

No Wave posted:

I don't think Woli has a whole lot in common with Carlos, if that's the third you're mentioning.

I think he's talking about Harimau. I've not actually watched AnJ, but I've seen the comparisons.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

Was Blanka in street fighter based on Harimau too? Raised in the jungle, does that flipping thing at opponents, generally fughts like an animsl

this guy seems to think so.

https://twitter.com/fffightinfacts/status/1394019577634373636

lmao at that biting attack

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

from that thread https://twitter.com/fffightinfacts/status/1394022221035749380/photo/1

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This kinda piqued my interest so I was gonna go read the Harimau fight, and while googling around trying to find what chapter he first appeared in I came across the wiki page that lists his height at 5'4/163cm and his reach at 83"/215cm like what the gently caress

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1359

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1362

lol at everyone who thought this wasn't gonna be dragged out

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

e:nm

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Morikawa does great expressions

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Onmi posted:

I would legitimately kneel in reverence if he never had Ippo get into the ring, Sendo won the world title with Ippo as his second, and the retirement is utterly genuine.

As long as it ends like Rocky III

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This is the best Kumi has ever been.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Of course there's nobody else in Mexico for Volg and Wolli to spar with.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress that cliffhanger

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

new chapter
it's good

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sendo and Vorg doing their best as reader stand-ins for what just happened

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

So Woli is a good boy who doesn't understand the risks of boxing and is being exploited by his trainer.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Woli winning would be an amazing turn. It would feel really wrong and then like 300 chapters later we'd be talking about how good of a decision it was.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

laughed for a good minute

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Riccardo crushes Woli and teaches him that boxing is not fun

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hiding behind the ref is definitely illegal. Not that it matters

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think I just kinda "got over" the pacing issues and all the weird Morikawa poo poo over a decade ago and now I just find it all to be amusing.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Jiro posted:

So Woli has thrown about 100 punches. He could just do nothing for the rest of the fight and he could win on scorecards alone.

Please have Ricardo so lost in thought that he does absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure you understand how scoring in boxing works