Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

FutureCop posted:

A little silly if you think about it though: Miguel thought they could just ride through with their raw talent and unique fighting styles, but in both instances, his fighters lost because they did not have enough boxing fundamentals drilled into them. Why in the world did he count on Woli/Wally when he already learned this lesson from Hawk? It's been awhile since I read, so maybe he does give an excuse and I'm just not remembering it.

It's been awhile but I don't think Miguel was playing the same hand he did with Hawk. It was Woli's third professional fight or so and Miguel had taught him boxing fundamentals so that he could get started. He figured that Woli needed more experience at that point in time and fighting a national champion and one with deeply rooted fundamentals(in the first half of the series at least) was a good step forward. He also warned Kamogawa that Ippo's boxing style will lead to disaster and he doesn't get bad guy shading so Miguel seems pretty sharp.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Long time no read, catching up on Ippo from the start to relive the high highs and the very low lows.

Anyway I'm at chapter 1360 and just saw the aftermath of Imae vs Hoshi.

I yelled and laughed for a minute straight in disbelief that George is bringing Wally/Woli back. The absolute worst fight in the entire series by a mile. The fight where Kamogawa's dog rear end said afterwards "uhh we'll just never fight him again." Now there's a chance he might stink up the last boss throne of the series, lmfao. I don't expect Monkey Boy to win but if he does I guess Ippo can remain calmly retired, literally "oh well I didn't want it anyway." So egregious I had to post before getting to the current chapter.

George you are a loving mangaka of contrasts. See you guys in a few weeks I guess!