Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Fancy sweater vests for all!

Jedah posted:

Would love for the finale to be Itagaki vs Ippo. It would be Ippo's first title defense as World champion, after beating Martinez.

I somehow think that will be Ippo's last japanese title defense. From there he can finally leave Japan rankers behind and move onto the world stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Broken Toaster posted:

Wasn't it said that you can't fight someone from your gym? Itagaki is waiting for the title to be dropped by Ippo to go after it.

Yeah, but it is possible that Itagaki could leave the gym to be able to take on Ippo. That's what Miyata did so that they could face each other in the future. Itagaki could end up at Mashiba's gym, since they seem to get along.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

I don't recall anywhere that it said that Miyata for sure was going up a weight class. As many people have said, it has been alluded too that he should because of how hard his weight control is.

So we're asking for some proof. I honestly do not recall any point where it said for sure Miyata would go up to the next weight class.

As for the latest chapter:
Does anyone find it odd that Miyata was still throwing punches despite his ribs exploding in the fight?

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Guyver posted:

New Chapter up on Onemanga.

Guess Mashiba hasn't completely worked through his Ippo issues maybe Mashiba will give up the title to get another shot at him, probably not. It looks like the author is pushing Ippo and Kumi's relationship more each chapter.

Yeah but I expect the relationship to be buried again for a couple volumes while Ippo focuses on his next fight.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Miyata/Sendo are still in the same weight class as Ippo.
Mashiba has moved up two I believe.
Volg moved up one I think.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Chapter 865

And the fight begins, my prediction...Ippo will dominate to start then woli will pull out his special move to even things up for the rest of the fight, Ippo will then pull out the win based on experience and japanese spirit

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

My guess: He has some move where he bounces off the ropes. He seemed to be focusing on them before the match. It's probably something like using the momentum of the ropes to launch an even stronger punch that cannot be blocked

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Yeah he did, I think Ippo was still in the rookie kings.

All I remember from it was Ippo had a bloody mouth and was screaming and getting blood everywhere. And his yells somehow woke Takamura up from the shock of being downed.

edit: Chapter 51

Kave fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 23, 2010

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

I vaguely remember Saeki, but I'm drawing a blank on the other guy.

Saeki is when Ippo fought him and had one eye completely swollen shut. He managed to beat him because his rhythm was perfect.

Karasawa was the first fight Ippo had right after he "learned" the tekken by knocking logs into the side of the hills. He absolutely beasted the hell out of him.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Calling it now. Itagaki will be the last Japanese featherweight that Ippo takes on before he heads out to the world.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

So basically Kojima's trump card is that he knows Ippo's pattern and based on that will know what punch should come next to be able to hit him with a full body blow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

I think we're finally going to see Ippo get downed.

It's been so long.