Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Toaster
Feb 20, 2009
Wasn't it said that you can't fight someone from your gym? Itagaki is waiting for the title to be dropped by Ippo to go after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Toaster
Feb 20, 2009

Guyver posted:

They were going to vacate before Miyata canceled his match with Ippo in favor of Randy Boy Jr. Ippo decided to quit boxing but later reconsidered, one of the Coach's conditions for taking Ippo back was that he take on both OPBF and Japanese national boxers.

I remember this. I believe the coach's thinking for this was also that it would help Ippo improve for the world stage.

Broken Toaster
Feb 20, 2009

Kave posted:

Yeah, but it is possible that Itagaki could leave the gym to be able to take on Ippo. That's what Miyata did so that they could face each other in the future. Itagaki could end up at Mashiba's gym, since they seem to get along.

I can't really see Itagaki leaving the gym though.