Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Takes No Damage posted:

Takamura busted for performance enhancing :horsedrugs:

Eeehhhh maybe, but that's also just a manga/anime/JP thing. I always thought it had to do with their cultural affinity towards asymmetry, but I just made that up in my head so :shrug: .

e:

I noticed that too. I thought they would make a bigger deal of it, like if he actually couldn't stand and was just acting cool while Ippo jogged off, but I guess it wasn't that bad since the both came back and hit mitts for an hour.

Seeing Coach upstairs doing the hand movements in sync just from the sound was :unsmith:

Takamura stayed behind because he wanted to be a jerk and steal shrine food to snak on, then he got smote with the shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Patware posted:

he didnt get his head hit, volg hit him in the head. there's a difference

Yeah, he didn't say "I just have to take this head on." He was "volg is going for a low blow i'll... SMACK" Ippo was thinking about his guard and dodging.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

that chapter was so loving good.

ippo getting hit is fine because he knew it was coming. he actively thought he's going low and i have to do something that's not face tank. volg is a world champ so ippo got hit but i think that shows the evolution ippo has gone through where before he wouldn't even know what was coming or just try to eat it.

whoever said they heard the jet engines I DID TOO!!

Right, I reread it a couple of time, Ippo was moving his arms to block a body blow and Volg slipped in the punch to the jawline between, absolutely beautiful

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:discourse:

That was utterly great, also Ippo helped

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

tbp posted:

another chapter for one single punch lol

It was a good punch though

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good punchan

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good good, Let Wally Suffer

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Super Rad posted:

Really loving Ricardo's energy in wanting to come up with an ideal counter to Wally on the fly and instead just having to fall back on having literally perfect fundamentals. Like super disappointed to go 'I guess I'll just land flawlessly timed immaculate jabs to his face over and over again' as if that weren't every boxer on Earth's dream.

Ricardo wants a step beyond literally immaculate repeated jabs, he wants to be...

One Punch Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This is some pretty good stuff