Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

....That's loving stupid. What the hell happened to one hit, one kill, anyhow?

It's relatively rare for a match in MMA to end in one huge knockout blow without anything to sent it up. Happens a lot in One Punch Man though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Man, part of me wishes Morikawa would've learned some stock spanish insults so that we could have Gonzalez screaming "¡NO TE PASES DE VERGA, PENDEJO! at Sendo.

I think the stock insults at sporting events in Mexico are often pretty offensive, but I’m sure that there are some usable boxing ones right?

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Wark Say posted:

It's less that there are ones related to boxing (which escape me at the moment, despite how enormously popular is here in México) and more that Gonzalez seems like he grew up in the shittiest parts of Mexico, where a pandillero (street gang punk, basically) would often hear/yell something like that when getting beaten/beating the poo poo out of someone else.

It's just that the "Don't get carried away!" sounds like a super weak-rear end thing to use for a moment that's as hot-blooded as that one was, and since Sendo is clearly commenting "I don't speak no spanish, motherfucker!", it just stuck with me. Like even a relatively tame "¡Ora, cabrón!" would've worked wonders.

Otherwise yeah, loved this chapter.

Good point! I am also loving this start to the fight. Hopefully it turns out to be a fun one (though it might not be fun for Sendo fans regardless).

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

YESSSS, another new title for Takamura!

Hopefully this fight lives up to his other two world title wins.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Haven't been this excited about Hajime No Ippo in a long time.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

The heel / face dynamic is not set like it was in the Hawk or Eagle fights.

Agreed that hopefully more comes out during the fight itself! I think it will as the manga has been great again for awhile now.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Rabite posted:

Please quit listening to wrestle podcasts and enjoy the comic for what it is.

Haha, fair! But to be clear I am enjoying it!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I ordered the first volume of the new Ippo Bluray and it should be arriving this week I think.

Nice! I've been doing a rewatch of the show but just using Crunchyroll.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

This fight was ok in my opinion. Not bad, but didn't come anywhere close to the previous Takamura title wins.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Chapter 1353

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

There's gonna be so much disappointment in this thread when Ippo gets back in the ring and dies instead. :v:

No because then Sendo will be the main character!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

This was MMA but Wally's tactics are making me think of the Gabi Garcia vs Yumiko Hotta fight.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

No Wave posted:

I think this fight and storyline in general is in the top third of HnI. Everything has been set up the only issue with the arc at all is Woli's stupid gimmicks (which I get is a big problem for some people). Ippo getting humiliated by Woli when he was a random from nowhere was way worse, this manga was seriously not that fun for very long stretches.

Agreed, the manga has been really good ever since Ippo retired unless I'm forgetting something.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

tbp posted:

Miyata has not had a meaningful, "canon" fight since RBJ, which was like 600 chapters ago. There's almost as many chapters between Miyata's last real fight and now as there are in the entirety of Naruto.

Sounds like he is due for another!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

tbp posted:

ty - if ever those posts are annoying just lmk and i will stop. but i like analyzing what mori's doing with HnI as a whole, i love the series so much cuz it manages to be good shonen, great comedy and have a pretty strong core thesis underpinning it all

Post was great! I'd like to see more of them.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Cool that it’s getting an official English release. Sucks that it’s through that service though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Wow that’s really cool. Jealous!