Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Isn't Ippo supposed to be taking out all these OPBF fighters, basically brute forcing his way to Miyata's throne? It's pretty obvious that despite what has happened he'll be fighting Miyata again, but I don't think it'll be on the world stage, I reckon it'll be the OPBF title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Is Itagaki 1st seed in the featherweights?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Oh god you're right. I really hope they just gloss over those fights. I need another cocky newcomer fag going after Ippo and getting utterly destroyed by the Liver Blow.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
That may be so, but think about how bad Miyata was wailing on him at the start, and that he should have won like 2 rounds ago. Randy boy shouldn't be fighting this good.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Although this was a pretty kickass chapter, i'm looking to the next one, specifically to see the damage to Randy Boy's jaw. Considering he was hit with a full on jolt counter corkscrew red lightning ultrasonic super punch, I wouldn't be suprised if Randy Boy retires forcibly after this fight. The irony is something I'd kinda expect.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Latest chapter just came out. http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/

Pretty good chapter for an aftermath I suppose. I was right atleast about Randy Boy getting massively hosed up after that punch. Although the whole "eternal chasing of Miyata" is loving bullshit. Noone wants that, everyone wants them to fight. I can't see the manga ending any other way.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Where does it say that? Seriously, link us. Because i'm drat sure its just been alluded, not actually confirmed. The common consensus is that he should go up one, but he stays in featherweight because of Ippo.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Yeeeah. As much as I like Miyata's character i'm pretty sure that punching someone in the body so hard their ribs shatter should result in this http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/413/08/

(Holy poo poo I love post WW2 Kawogama)

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
What the gently caress is this 12 page bullshit.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Cowboy posted:

The only way this last Miyata fight would've been cool is he had lost, and that would've only set up Ippo to loving obliterate Randy.

The best thing that happened in the last year of this manga was Ippo getting super pissed after Randy beat down Itagaki and the manager guy had a go at Miyata.

Which turned out to be the biggest cock tease ever :(

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
That may be so, but he's trying to fight dirty. I think anyway.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Latest chapter is out on Onemanga.

So basically, after Ippo saying that he's glad he doesn't wanna fight Itagaki, this new fighter is also a genius and has insane foot and hand speed. WHAT A COINCIDENCE

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I pray to like, a 1000 Jesus' that after all this bullshit about how fast this dick is, Ippo utterly ruins his poo poo like the Karasawa fight. We need another fight that shows how Ippo is a world class fighter now. Not another "no it is I who is standing behind YOU!" fight.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I am praying to a whole bunch of different things that Ippo wipes the god drat floor with this guy Karasawa style.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Wow this fight is starting out really well. High hopes here!

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
The last page and his expression made up for that chapter.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
See, these latest fights have been bothering me. I love how Ippo has reached the stage where only one of his punches will completely gently caress the other guy up, but then the opponent has to rely on gimmicks so he doesn't get raped. And I don't really like that. I miss the Sendou fights, where both fighters were kicking the poo poo out of each other, not dodge dodge dodge HIT oh he's down.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Holy poo poo this chapter got my hopes up then dashed them soundly :( When Ippo starting moving in his "signature" way I was hoping for the rebirth of some ridiculous ultra Dempsey Roll (That we only caught a glimpse at back at the Scratch J fight). While he's got him to the corner we know this is where Woli is gonna pull some bullshit, it's what he did to Vorg.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Maybe Woli will do his bounce off the rope bullshit, punch Ippo in the back of the head and get his stomach removed by a liver blow

Fixed.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
We weren't surprised, just...disappointed. I'm hoping for something to set this fight above all others. Which means I don't want to see the fight drag down to the level where Ippo is an inch from death and manages to grasp the gimmick in the last second to take the KO.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

L.E. Cheetah posted:

I don't think so. In RL boxing if your gloves are that low then you don't have your guard up, which is something you'd get punished for regardless.

Dont gloves touching the floor = knockdown?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
This fight loving sucks.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Geop posted:

Definitely hoping for some more Ippo-Kamogawa parallels. If Kamogawa was in a different era and didn't break his fists, I'm curious of how far he would've gone :ohdear:

Considering he had a punch that could shatter a mans ribs he would have killed his way to the top.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
It's a dempsey roll that can't be predicted. If you do a right hook then the next punch is a left one. But if it can be either a left or an upper, counter users won't know what the gently caress.

Think about the power progressions in this manga though. How on earth is Miyata supposed to SURVIVE a move like that, let alone stand up to it.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
How about a dempsey roll that users Downers (the opposite of uppercuts DUH). Ippo could have a reputation of dealing brain damage to every opponent.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Now come on, that fight he had against that dude with the ugly girlfriend was pretty cool. Now, Kimura fights are boring. He's like a shitter version of Miyata.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
You know who I hope his next opponent is? MIYATA. GOD drat IT I'M SICK OF THIS.

(will be reading it anyway for the next 20 years)

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
It hasn't REALLY, it's just the current fight has us all bored. (Ok the last 3)

You my good man have some of the most spine-tingle inducing fights I have ever read in front of you. So goddamn jealous. You will come to worship Takamura.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

goodvisiontoucan posted:

Whoa whoa can't wait for the rematch between Sendou and Ippo. Gonna be tight.

After you read it make sure to look up the final blow (you'll know what move Ippo does) on youtube. It's loving fantastic animated.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

goodvisiontoucan posted:

Alright, caught up on 878 chapters in like two weeks. loving hell.

I wanna thank you for your posting these last couple of weeks, they have been a step back in time for some of us, and the rest of us were waiting for your high opinion to quickly decline into gently caress WOLI :)

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
New Chapter http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/879/

And it ends with a bullshit cliffhanger punch thats not gonna land

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
I'm assuming that's the raw?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Gaaaah wheres 880 translated. I want to be horribly dissapointed with the rest of you :(

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
880 is out translated and all that jazz.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/880/01/

Suprisingly (not) I agree with this thread. How is this fun to read. This is what we need more of.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/583/17/

VVVVVVV - Yeah it's up there with LIKE A PUPPET WITH ITS STRINGS CUT

tazman fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 19, 2010

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Uh what? The art should be the least of your worries.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
As far as i'm concerned, the only thing, ONLY THING that can redeem this fight is the unveiling of the new dempsey roll. Complete with a flashback to Ippo secretely working on it and they have to ham it the gently caress up. I wanna see the announcer shout "LIKE A PHOENIX RISING FROM THE ASHES. THIS IS NO LONGER THE DEMPSEY ROLL, THIS IS THE IPPOOOOO ROLLLLLL"

Icing on the cake will be permanently destroying Woli's boxing career.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Its out translated http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/882/01/

Nothing I say here will be any different than all my other posts. Make of that what you will.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Bloody hell, is 883 out scanlated anywhere?

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Latest chapter to be scanlated
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/884/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Jedah posted:

Well, if y'all still care at this point, chapter 885 is translated: http://ippo-online.confusticated.com/
If that Woli comment with the stool is supposed to be foreshadowing, then this is even worse than I imagined. No way those lame body blows have done any real damage, not buying it.

I just came in to post this. What a bunch of poo poo.