Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I just want Ippo to wipe that smug loving smirk off of Woli's face.

Perferably by physically removing his lips from his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
New Ippo! http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/869/

It's not bad, though Woli lasts for another chapter too long.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Swamp Zero posted:

yeah you wish

seeing how this is going we will find out he was wrestling gorillas all along and is actually The Sturdiest Man alive and takes all of Ippo's punches never losing the :smug: and then Ippo somehow gets that green light in his eyes and you hear the theme song even tho it's the manga and starts winning with inhuman power but then Woli turns into a super saiyan and kills everyone and Piccolo has to step in

I'm pretty sure this would be better than whatever Mori has planned.

... but even if it wasn't, I want this to happen anyway.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Geop posted:

Gonna turn out that Ippo has been holding back. NOW I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO RAISE UP MY POWER LEVELAAAUUUUUGHHHH :black101:

But not after two years of training in the hyperbolic time gym.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Serious Frolicking posted:

Woli could beat Takamura.

On the flipside, if Takamura connected with a punch, he could reduce Woli to 2D.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I want Ippo to die.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

pnumoman posted:

Then again, maybe there's a completely plausible reason

Ghost Ippo.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Woli still not dead, left dissatisfied

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Miyata has lightspeed knuckles, so Ippo gets accupressure fists; he hits one area of the body to affect another.

It's just dumb enough to be true, and it scares me.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Coughing Hobo posted:

Woli still not dead, left dissatisfied

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/896/01/

I hate you, Morikawa. I would have been happy if Woli appeared injured and demoralized AT ALL, instead you threaten us with a possible future appearance. :mad:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/898/01/

Itagaki needs a better role model.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I hope, during the inevitable Ippo/Itagaki faceoff, Itagaki tries to pull off a head slip, and the force of Ippo's punch snaps his neck clean off of his body. I hate Itagaki.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This is pretty much exactly what I hoped for concerning taking Itagaki down a peg. I hope Karasawa wins.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Because we didn't understand what Ippo did with Woli, we get to watch Itagaki do it again. Wonderful.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I hope the next chapter starts with Itagaki dead, killed by the centrifugal force he's exerted on his internal organs.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm cautiously optimistic for this upcoming fight, although it seems like a foregone conclusion it'll end in a slugfest.

EDIT: I am totally optimistic for Takamura's upcoming fight, though.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mystic Mongol posted:

Degenerative nerve disease means he can't feel his hands any more, and they're almost useless. But he can make a fist, and because he can't feel them breaking he can punch harder than anyone else!

That's so loving stupid it's probably what it is :smith:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I hope Ippo claims his first kill in the ring.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This has become my favorite manga for all of the wrong reasons.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Lamebot posted:

George better be going somewhere with this instead of putting it off.

We all know exactly where it's going.

:banjo::madmax::siren:MORE TRAINING:siren::madmax::banjo:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's like whiplash, coming off of that terrible fight to genuinely good laugh-out-loud comedy.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shindragon posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Itagaki? Dude is hella lame and always comes off as a smug prick.

If we could lose Itagaki and keep his family, that'd be the best thing ever.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

coathat posted:

I actually like Itagaki since he wins fights by being a good boxer. Not some retarted mega punch or magic body blow.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's pretty good until he fights that fisherman guy whose whole shtick is I PLAY IN THE WATER THEREFORE I CAN HOLD MY BREATH LONGER THAN YOU THAT MEANS I'M BETTER AT BOXING :shepface:

At that point it's a pretty sharp decline into mediocrity, and eventually just plain terrible.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ippo will invariably win, but he'll only just barely eke out a victory over Itagaki (might possibly even be Ippo's one and only win from decision) instead of wasting him and permanently crippling him from a single kidney blow.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Vagrancy posted:

Chapter 975

Based on Kimura and Aoki's fights (thus far), the manga should be titled Hajime no Ippo: Determination Counts For Nothing

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
What the hell just happened? Did... did I enjoy that?

God drat, Mori, you still got it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I don't even remember the last time I said to myself "I can't wait for next week's Hajime no Ippo."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Holy gently caress :stare:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

furiouskoala posted:

Kamogawa is an awful trainer; any real trainer who put his boxers through that kind of punishment would be run out of town on a rail. Also, you're telling me he got Ippo to number #3 in the world without getting a big payday? I'm not saying Ippo should be a millionaire, but you'd think a fighter who can fill Korakuen Hall would at least be making middle class money.

Kamogawa's stealing it all.

Crank that villain status to eleven :getin:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Does this mean we'll get to see Kamogawa's flashback fight?! :swoon:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

SchrodingersCat posted:

1028 amd 29 raws are out. Itagaki is TKO in the first round. He then cries about it.

It is a good day.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Was this... regular boxing? Were they just boxing? Like, the kind that actual boxers use?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Nyandaber Z posted:

Wasn't it established by Mashiba that what made Ippo weakness was that he was more concerned about returning safe from a fight than winning? I kinda expect the turning point to be something like "continuing this fight will significantly reduce your life span Ippo, let's throw the towel", and then Ippo proceeds to continue and tap into some hidden potential or whatever shounen thing before making another comeback win.

Ippo's samurai spirit causes him to literally transform into a samurai and he beheads Gonzalez. T.K.O. in the sixth round

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ignoring the usual glacial pace, I'm actually really enjoying this fight.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

trucutru posted:

A-ha! You thought you had me but I intercepted your punch with my head!

This proves that all the things I learned were worth it.

Next: Hitting your knuckles with my face.

To be fair, this is actually a real thing. It's kind of a last resort sort of deal, when you have no other option but to take the hit, but the alternative is taking the punch to your face where it will absolutely hurt a lot more.

The rest, however, is as hilariously insulting to real boxing as I've come to expect out of this manga.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Frabba posted:

New Ippo episode up. Man, I forgot how stupidly badass the end of this fight was. That final combo from Takamura was goddamn vicious.

gently caress, that was really goddamn good. It's not quite Takamura vs. Hawk, but let's be honest, nothing will ever be.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Oh no! Ippo's (second) weakness! A punch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Wild Horses posted:

Apparently he always snaps and goes mad in fights but they watched no tapes at all so they didn't know. :suicide:

Research is dishonorable