Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Dudley's new Super Street Fighter 4 Ultra looks familiar...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcWff8yu8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Raw spoiler

Woli gets the poo poo beat out of him. Finally.

http://i40.tinypic.com/dm5f6b.jpg:woop:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 1077 is out

Yeah, more Takamaru fights. Hopefully it won't dickpress.

Maybe a hint at more brain damage, Ippo didn't remember the other times he used that pun :ohdear:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Asuron posted:

I could've swore Ippo has fought at least two southpaws?

He went southpaw in his very first fight to avoid getting a cut damaged. Other than that I think one of his last Japanese title defenses against that old dude who had a ton of Weird Tricks fought him southpaw for a bit and then switched midway through the fight?

Maybe Ippo is just too brain damaged to remember

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

What's going on with the release schedule lately? Is Morikawa still really sick?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

All Rounder Meguru is very cool but the translations come out even slower than chapters of Ippo...

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

1275 is up

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

MMA fighter Chan Sung Jung (The Korean Zombie) tries a few HNI techniques on an unsuspecting sparring partner (turn on English subs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WV9BYkA_4w

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Oh there's a part 1 too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n_gH9tJ-As

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Boxing is the art of hitting without getting hit, and if we go by that logic, Floyd Mayweather is one of the best to ever do it. I don't know that there's a direct HnI analogue to Mayweather's style, but I'm guessing it'd be something like Itagaki's ability to never get hit combined with Miyata's supreme technical skill and ability to read his opponent. Floyd could absolutely knock people out if his gameplan called for it and had an extremely high KO rate in his early/mid career before he started breaking his hands constantly.

I think that bar where Takamura beat the poo poo out of Date/Mashiba/Sendo/Saeki(?) at the same time was called Mayweather's. One of the random bars or restaurants was called Mayweather's at least.

Anyways HnI gory slugfests and glorification of boxing as a pure, untarnished field of competition solely for competition's sake is more or less completely rooted in fiction and you can't realistically expect any given boxing fight to be like in the animes.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Extremely pumped for this particular gimmick fight as a recently converted mahjong weeb

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Yagi being the reincarnation of Akagi is some dope poo poo

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Remember the time Kobashi was almost certainly going to beat Ippo by decision and then decided to say gently caress everything and got himself knocked out

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

aren't volg and mashiba supposed to be the same weight class

I think Volg went up 1 class and Mashiba went up 2.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

Mike Tyson canonically exists in HnI, which makes me wonder if Takamura is gonna start running into real boxers

The mahjong players as well as the venue and owner in the Keith arc were all real, incidentally (with slightly tweaked names).

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

has anyone been to mori's gym in tokyo? wondering if it's worth a visit when i go to japan next month.

I did not, but I did check out Korakuen Hall when I went in December, which was neat. I was already at the Tokyo Dome because I went to a spa in the shopping mall that's there.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, I guess. Miyata's cat countering Wanpo is a pretty good gag too

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Inoue is also pretty gosh darned good

Yeah Naoya Inoue would be like Takamura tier, Ippo and Miyata wouldn't even sniff his jockstrap for a while.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Got a chance to stop by Morikawa's IRL gym today!

View from the entrance floor, the second floor also had a mat space where people were training. It's worth noting that this gym seems to be exclusively for pros and aspiring pros. I believe they also run a youth program.

There's Ippo paraphanelia all over the place.

Got a picture with the man himself too.

The lady at the front desk told me to check out the manhole covers that they designed for the city a short walk away from the gym.

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Itagaki has a smart phone? I thought this was still in the 90s or early 00s? Doesn't look like a old flipphone either

I thought his family was poor as gently caress too, this greatly confused me as well