Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«597 »
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Pillbug

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

9.9/10 I miss the gold now, but would wholeheartedly recommend.

https://www.titaniumgun.com/home I have these guys bookmarked for if/when I decide to give in to certain, baser impulses. Looks like it would be about $30+shipping to have a trigger TiN coated.

blingsnype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Unfortunately, it appears the TK trigger is aluminum, and won't take a TiN coating vv

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I would be all over that if they made it in gold!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Shameless cross-post from the funbux thread:

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

We all got it coming, kid

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

O...o...oh My.

I was idly considering doing an integral Marlin, but that's nice.

Also super pumped, I'm picking up a CZ 455FS tomorrow hopefully. I really hope there are no crazy delays at the FFL with the background check process due to COVID.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Hello, new .22 rifle.

I hope the ranges open back up soon, I've wanted one of these for quite a while.

Trying to decide if I want to scope it or not. Maybe a low power fixed scope like the Leupold 2.5 or 4x.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

My Turnbull should arrive at my FFL on Monday!

Woo! Feeling like strutting around!

https://i.imgur.com/gwKfLWH.mp4

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Tyro posted:

Hello, new .22 rifle.

I hope the ranges open back up soon, I've wanted one of these for quite a while.

Trying to decide if I want to scope it or not. Maybe a low power fixed scope like the Leupold 2.5 or 4x.

Beautiful

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Tyro posted:

Hello, new .22 rifle.

That's gorgeous and I feel like an idiot for not getting one when they were in production.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Tyro posted:

Hello, new .22 rifle.

Nice, that thing is a beaut. I've got a 452 Luxe which is a great gun but I love the looks of the FS with that Mannlicher stock.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Thanks y'all! I'm really excited to see how it shoots. I used to have a 452 in college and loved it, it was one of my most fun guns to shoot. Funny enough the guy who sold this to me was only selling it because he has a 452 Lux also, and just shoots that one more often.

I almost bought one of these 455FS's at the end of 2018 but the CZ guy convinced me to wait for the 457... Which ended up not having a FS variant.

I think I got a good deal for the current market since the prices have gone up, paid $450 for this one. Rip-off $60 FFL transfer fee at the place that was mutually convenient, but since I'm out of state oh well, that's the price I pay.

Captain Log, I'm looking forward to hearing about your Turnbull and seeing photos.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Look at the leupold 2-7 vr model. It looks great on them and isn't too crazily priced.

Rationale
May 17, 2005
I am absolutely worthless

I bought a mk ii target competition model because im 32 now. Itís heavy and a little ugly from some rear end in a top hat using the wrong screwdriver. The previous owner had also installed a mismatched pixel titty rail and an old school unmarked red dot scope. I was gonna take the scope and rail off but itís not like itís ever gonna be a light pistol. The lgs owner told me that he had one and had never taken it down for cleaning.

My biggest gripe with my P22 is that it only runs consistently on hotter ammo. This is only a problem because ive already stockpiled a standard load. My second biggest gripe is that I canít hit anything with it. Plinking isnít fun unless something goes ďplinkĒ.

The new gun put ten of my stockpile in two holes at ten yards. Itís staying how it is.

E: Watched some videos and I guess that hideous rail is stock

Rationale fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 8, 2020

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Tyro posted:

Hello, new .22 rifle.

What is it? I love it, and now I want one.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 8, 2020

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Steeltalon posted:

CZ 452 or 455, the full stock version. It's sadly no longer in production.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

DeesGrandpa posted:

Look at the leupold 2-7 vr model. It looks great on them and isn't too crazily priced.

I've got a Leupold VX-2 3-9x on my CZ455 and it's been great.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

Yeah that's the other one I'm looking at. I'm just not sure I need a variable for popping squirrels at short range and plinking.

Steeltalon posted:

This one is a CZ455FS. Main difference from the 452FS is the barrels are user swappable. Discontinued in 2018 unfortunately, and CZ USA is sold out of the mannlicher stocks and endcaps so you can't DIY one either. Secondary market is the only option.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

If youre not married to the FS model (admittedly the prettiest) gunbroker is currently awash with 455 Lux models, also gorgeous, on clearance for around $330 shipped

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

If youre not married to the FS model (admittedly the prettiest) gunbroker is currently awash with 455 Lux models, also gorgeous, on clearance for around $330 shipped

Yeah I almost bought one of those, that price is mighty tempting. My 452 lux was a heck of a gun.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Gun Saliva

DeesGrandpa posted:

I was super tempted, but I don't want to break my "Not Threaded" rule unless it's something that warrants it specifically like a revolver.

Plus I still have my RAR I can't get sighted in at all. I dropped tech sights on it out of the box and I can't get the bastard on paper even. I'll probably dig out the stock sights and see if I can get it shooting straight with those, try and figure out what exactly is hosed with it.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

So the threaded thing was a concern for me too (I love my can), but on my FS I'd just run the CCI quiets and various CBs to keep it about the same volume. May still wind up with a threaded barrel at some point though.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah I have some Aguila Super Colibri scheduled for delivery, but I might still pony up the cash to thread it.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Tyro posted:

Yeah that's the other one I'm looking at. I'm just not sure I need a variable for popping squirrels at short range and plinking.

This one is a CZ455FS. Main difference from the 452FS is the barrels are user swappable. Discontinued in 2018 unfortunately, and CZ USA is sold out of the mannlicher stocks and endcaps so you can't DIY one either. Secondary market is the only option.

Did you buy yours used and did it come with that padded sling? I ask because you might have ended up with mine if you did. Lol

Its the only gun I've ever sold that I regret selling but I bought it back when my parents lived out in rural area with land to shoot on and it wasn't really that much fun in a indoor range, which is all I have access to now.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Did you buy yours used and did it come with that padded sling? I ask because you might have ended up with mine if you did. Lol

Its the only gun I've ever sold that I regret selling but I bought it back when my parents lived out in rural area with land to shoot on and it wasn't really that much fun in a indoor range, which is all I have access to now.

....Yes and yes. PM Sent

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Anyone shooting nrl22? Me and some friends are starting a private league at a buddies place. I'm using it as an excuse to build the precision .22 I've wanted and finish up my own private range.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I think the NRL thread is in Sports Argument Stadium.
edit: here

TheManWithNoName
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Hereís my 10/22 money pit as it stands today. Iíve added the following:

Auto bolt release
Extended mag release
Thicker butt pad
Romeo5 red dot
Cheapo sling

Any suggestions on the next upgrade? Iíd like to get the Magpul optic mount that goes over the barrel, a new trigger, maybe a suppressor or one of those integrated barrel suppressors. Whatís the best bang for my buck?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Apollodorus posted:

I think the NRL thread is in Sports Argument Stadium.
edit: here

I dont think that NRL let's you bring a rifle.

Also I just won a PWS Summit action on gunbroker so it's time to start speccing out an expensive target rifle.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Atticus_1354 posted:

I dont think that NRL let's you bring a rifle.

Also I just won a PWS Summit action on gunbroker so it's time to start speccing out an expensive target rifle.

Hey nice! I was bummed I missed out when they clearanced those. Trying to decide if the VQ version is worth the $1k or so. Curious to see how you like it

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Tyro posted:

Hey nice! I was bummed I missed out when they clearanced those. Trying to decide if the VQ version is worth the $1k or so. Curious to see how you like it

If you do get one, get the one with the best worst finish.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Tyro posted:

Vague plans right now are a titan stock in od green and summit precision barrel in silver. Still looking for an appropriate scope option. The Bushnell match pro is a current contender since it is designed for gun games and we'll priced. I'm not going to be done for a while so this could change. I may also end up building a matching 10/22 if I decide I like this setup.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

TheManWithNoName posted:

Hereís my 10/22 money pit as it stands today. Iíve added the following:

Auto bolt release
Extended mag release
Thicker butt pad
Romeo5 red dot
Cheapo sling

Any suggestions on the next upgrade? Iíd like to get the Magpul optic mount that goes over the barrel, a new trigger, maybe a suppressor or one of those integrated barrel suppressors. Whatís the best bang for my buck?

The magpul optic mount is a definite upgrade for the dot, after that I'd say get a can. Selfishly I want to live vicariously through you and see an integral suppressor, but the most practical thing would be a standalone 22 can.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

6 weeks later the walnut grips for my little bersa arrived from Hungary:

large hands fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 13, 2020

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I'm thinking of getting a 10/22 takedown. Is there any big advantage of the Lite over the regular if the threaded barrel doesn't matter to me? It would mostly be used for plinking from 30-50 yards.

And a range report on my Little Badger Deluxe: Went out with a couple friends with a semi-auto 22, bolt 22, an SKS, a pump 12ga, and the Little Badger. The Little Badger ended up being the star of the show. My buddy who scoffed before when I told him I liked 22s and said "there's no recoil, it's basically a pellet gun" and that sort of thing loved it. Only having one shot makes hitting your target a lot more satisfying.

large hands posted:

6 weeks later the walnut grips for my little bersa arrived from Hungary:

Those are sweet, are they made by Bersa?

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Kramjacks posted:

I'm thinking of getting a 10/22 takedown. Is there any big advantage of the Lite over the regular if the threaded barrel doesn't matter to me? It would mostly be used for plinking from 30-50 yards.

And a range report on my Little Badger Deluxe: Went out with a couple friends with a semi-auto 22, bolt 22, an SKS, a pump 12ga, and the Little Badger. The Little Badger ended up being the star of the show. My buddy who scoffed before when I told him I liked 22s and said "there's no recoil, it's basically a pellet gun" and that sort of thing loved it. Only having one shot makes hitting your target a lot more satisfying.

The big draw of the Lite is, unsurprisingly, weight.
I actually have two 10/22 takedowns. One is the original version (and I put tech sights on it because the stock sights are horrid). The other came with the Magpul Backpacker stock, a threaded barrel, extra mags, and fiber sights that are surprisingly decent.

Something that I didn't notice until I got them side by side is that the barrel and stock are both longer on the original than the backpacker one. It's enough that there is significantly better maneuverability and sway on the latter.

Personally, since I'd eventually like to get a can, I'm no longer buying any non-threaded .22s. If you think you might want a muzzle device in the future, I'd go with some threaded version, but I wouldn't pay the premium for the Lite unless weight is an issue or you just really want it for some reason. If you know you don't need threads, I think the non-threaded factory stock barrel is 18" instead of 16" (I could be wrong) and that longer sight radius helps with accuracy as does more length/angular momentum.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Kramjacks posted:

Marschal grips, I think.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Yes, made by Denes Marshal, who was great to deal with. I'll definitely pick up more of his in the future but the selection of guns he produces grips for is unusual.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

large hands posted:

Yes, made by Denes Marshal, who was great to deal with. I'll definitely pick up more of his in the future but the selection of guns he produces grips for is unusual.

If you click around their site you'll see a lot of torch cut pistol frames, so I think that's how they make such a variety that actually fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

LOOKITWHATIGOT!!!!

I'll have time for more pictures another day.

Yes, the barrel is threaded with the thread protector also treated in the Turnbull finish. I am over the loving moon right now.

«597 »