Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

fuckin love .22, currently have a mark 3 with tacsol upper, .22AR, cz 452, and beretta 21a. Next will be a cimarron plinkerton if I can get some reliable information about it:

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Specialty/Plinkerton.htm

or an AR-7

^^ the little beretta works very well with aguila super sniper subsonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Ciener is a big rear end in a top hat though. A CMMG kit and some BDM mags from brownells with gunsmith discount are about $200 flat

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Slopehead posted:

So who do I send a Mark III to get a good trigger job done?

the answer to this is to buy and install VQ parts yourself

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Is the CMMG kit supposed to be tighter than hell out of the tube? This thing needs serious force to move in my upper and I've lubed up all the contact points I can see :\

yeah mine, while functioning flawless, seems to be stuck in my upper. I'm not really sure what the best way would be to force it out. This is at about 700 rounds, I guess once I get it out I'll have to remember to take it out every couple hundred for a wipe-down

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Chill_Bebop posted:

And my Holy Grail.

whats this?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Ygolonac posted:

Has anyone gotten their hands on a Cimarron Plinkerton yet? I keep seeing 'em NIB on Gunbroker for $149, and if it's not total crap (and is full-sized) I might snake one of those.

curious about these too

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

I love the sound mine makes, clickclickclickclick

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Chill_Bebop posted:

Mossberg 44US (a) model, i refinished it with Teak oil. Tung is a just a little too dark, and Teak seems to seal it much better, as well as bring out the natural amber color of the wood.

holy crap nice work!

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Anybody shot an SP-22 yet? I'm very curious about them because they look so unusual

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

I have a cmmg kit that is a ton of fun but after 300 rounds with no cleaning, it is extremely stuck in my upper. I'm going to have to figure out a way to pound or pry it out without damaging it

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

goninzo posted:

Anyone used a Kimber 1911 conversion kit before?

I'm considering a 1911 from them, and they are expensive enough without paying for the kit as well.

don't buy a kimber 1911 unless it's an amazing deal (ie 500 or under for a plain custom ii). they are notoriously finnicky and there are much better options for what they normally cost new, at every level. that being said, the kimber .22 kits cost just as much as any other .22 kit maker for the most part and I really enjoyed mine. no problems at all

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

RU 187 261 LIB posted:

Are the Smith & Wesson 41s still good? I was told in the question thread that they are poo poo but it was in a situation where I was tempted to reply with a "much like your posting"

hcc was either being sarcastic or is a total idiot (maybe both???) anyway the 41 is one of the greatest .22 handguns ever made and is pretty much the standard by which all other non-super-custom Bullseye pistols are judged

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

ShaiHulud posted:

I've owned one for a while. As you indicate they're quite pricey. Bolt manipulation isn't nearly as fast or as smooth as the Izhmash 7-4 and 7-2s I own. I wanted another lightweight Pennsylvania-legal small game rifle and with a threaded Whistle Pig barrel, cheapo lightweight Hogue stock, Tech Sights, and SWR Spectre I'm pleased with the results overall.

Pros:
- neat idea
- integrated 20moa Picatinny scope rail
- takes cheapo 10/22 stocks and barrels
- headspace can be adjusted with provided barrel washers. accuracy can be tuned for a particular ammo brand to a rather fine degree

Cons:
- the 10/22 heritage makes the rifle uglier, wider, and boxier than it needs to be.
- expensive
- feeding from factory 10/22 mags can be janky unless you work the bolt with authority
- Overall bolt function leaves a bit to be desired. The ergonomics of the bolt handle (size, shape, distance from receiver) bother me. Compared to other toggle-action .22s the T3 action feels somewhat mushy.

The extended magazine release works well but mine had a lot of lateral wobble. Probably nitpicking on my part, but for the money I expected less floppy plastic poo poo. Easily fixed with thin plastic washers, but I'm disappointed that PWS didn't address this at the factory.

i'd love to see a photo of this rifle - sounds interesting

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

that rules - I love it with just the irons

edit - regarding awkward placement of the toggle. I'm trying to think of a stock that would keep the hand closer and in a different position - maybe something with an aggressive pistol grip

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Is a marlin 39a twice as awesome as a Henry with octagonal barrel? Looks like about $800 vs $400.

Along the same vein - is the Golden Boy worth $100+ more than the normal Henry .22 models?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

what?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

will gemtech suppressor subsonic .22lr reliably cycle non-surpressed guns, for instance a 10/22?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Parts Kit posted:

What's the velocity? If it's near "standard velocity" like a decent amount of subsonics are chances are yes it will.

Unless your 10/22 just hates it for whatever reason. Mine doesn't mind one bit and even reliably cycles Remington subsonics.

The box says 1040FPS

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

bass pro had CCI mini mags in stock today. Any problems running it through a 10/22?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Are s&w 422/622s worth owning? They keep popping up on gunbroker at reasonable prices and I'm feeling strangely drawn toward the long barrel versions

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

ronaldreagan posted:

I bought a used 422 a few months back for ~$300, I don't have anything specific that's really bad about it but I'm not that impressed by it either. Magazines were impossible to find for awhile but Midway got them in stock briefly (now on backorder again though). The magazine release is kind of weird, I could see people not liking that but I can operate it fine and the gun itself is really lightweight. I like my Buckmarks a lot more, but I'm holding onto the 422 with the intention of someday getting a suppressor for it.

I understand they take model 41 mags which should make things easier, right?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

cross post from the revolver thread: do I want a Single Ten or an uberti 12-shot cattleman?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

What single six barrel length do I want

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

How are the new ppk/s .22s? I've found some mixed reviews but most negative points seem to stem from the mystery metal the slide is made from- anyone have better information? Is it weak enough to crack like early p22s?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

for a backwoods .22 blaster do I want a single six or an sp101?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

what's that grip? eagle?