Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushibytes
Sep 3, 2006
Porcorate Potamocherus
I started a game again on the university server the other day and I am at the farthest I've ever been, but I can't help but feel like I'm a little screwed:

Yeah, that's two wizards and the high priest right there, duking it out thanks to my ring, but I feel pretty helpless now that the mindflayers sucked away my knowledge of recharge scrolls for my wand of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushibytes
Sep 3, 2006
Porcorate Potamocherus

Hipster Scumbag posted:

Since this is your first ascension, I'm assuming you're not going for genocideless conduct. Why not genocide h and L?

or rather, why didn't you?

I got L, but in retrospect, I should have taken out h as well. I'm rather casual and inexperienced (I just play a bit inbetween compiles). I think I got too cocky with the fact that I could take them at range with my bow, and next thing you know one of them is sucking on my brainjuice and my magic marker is too dry for genocide.

I probably can escape this situation fairly easily, go back up to lick my wounds and prepare better.

Bushibytes
Sep 3, 2006
Porcorate Potamocherus
Well, my Ranger ended up dying promptly after the screenshot I posted but I ascended my first character tonight. Chaotic Orcish Barbarian, twoweaponing Frost Brand and a silver saber. Fairly easy run, the most tedious part was the plane of fire with my ring of conflict. I ended up taking it off because the turns were way too long.

Bushibytes
Sep 3, 2006
Porcorate Potamocherus

Shanty posted:

Also, it's hard to suck cockatrice blood.

I was just gonna post that one. It's a classic vampire polymorph mistake.

• Locked thread