Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Mewcenary posted:

Maybe I should use this thread as an opportunity to actually get further than Minetown...
Likewise. Sokoban was the furtherest I got, playing a valkyrie wielding excalibur (for the first time as well). The potion and scroll randomisation always kicks my rear end hard - I think I ended up pushing a rock the wrong way and just gave up then and there.

Then again, I made it through the doom roguelike (with the aid of a nuke) and finally beat spelunky after about 600-700 deaths. Maybe I should give nethack another shot soon.

[edit]I guess it didn't help that I almost always played an archaeologist or a rogue - but archaeologists and throwing knives are just so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread