Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
This seems like a great place to post what i was going to make a thread for.

I recently moved into a new townhouse and replaced the lovely typical ceiling light with a track light. I switched off the breaker, connected the ground, neutral and live wires, attached wire nuts and taped them up. Now the section of the townhouse for that certain breaker has completely shut down. I've tried messing with the box a few times to no avail, i'm having a hard time believing a light i installed (i hope) correctly knocked out a part of my electric.

What did i do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

jackyl posted:

What happens when you flip the breaker back on? Does it immediately trip, only trip after you turn that light on, etc?

Thanks for expressing interest however i figured it out eventually, while i was installing the fixture, my neutral became loose.