Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1034 »
hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

We have important work to do.

I remember Rainbow 6 was one of the first games I played online when we got unlimited dial-up. On the shooting house i'd stand on top and just toss down frag grenades and spawn kill everyone. What a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LORD OF BOOTY
Feb 11, 2015

THEY MAKE SURE YOU AIN'T BOOTY!!!

I don't really understand why they can't just bundle some of these games with dgVoodoo, or at least point people in its direction? It's remarkable for how useful it is.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sector Effector

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I don't really understand why they can't just bundle some of these games with dgVoodoo, or at least point people in its direction? It's remarkable for how useful it is.
Apparently they signed an agreement at some point to bundle dgVoodoo with games, they just... never did anything with it.

LORD OF BOOTY
Feb 11, 2015

THEY MAKE SURE YOU AIN'T BOOTY!!!

poo poo, even if they did something like Home of the Underdogs and had a "utilities" section with links to everything (and/or alternate download mirrors) and little guides on how to get everything working, we'd be good.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

You can kinda get that sometimes with some of the forums' sticky posts. It's sad, but since my disappointment with Interstate '76, I now check the forums before every purchase for missing features, late patches, compatibility issues... I don't mind it usually, but it can be a PITA to hunt down old patches or guides that are offsite.

GOG will sometimes include unofficial patches in published products (Master of Orion II, I think, includes a fan patch), and if you're lucky or persistent, you can raise the interest of a team member, but maybe that's not really their focus anymore, like all those extra goodies old games used to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Gonkish posted:

"Want some rye? 'Course ya do!"

I can still hear it. I last played that game when I was 8. I can still hear that voice.

Thank you...

(Technical Director, The Return To Zork)

«1034 »