Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

Charles Martel posted:

Interplay

• Battle Chess: Special Edition
  • Castles + Castles 2
  • Conquest of the New World
  • Descent + Descent II
  • Descent 3 + Mercenary Expansion
  • Die By The Sword + Expansion
  • Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
  • Earthworm Jim 3D
  • Evolva
  • F/A-18E Super Hornet
  • Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Freespace + Silent Threat Expansion
  • Freespace 2
  • Giants: Citizen Kabuto
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Invictus: In The Shadow Of Olympus
  • Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
  • Kingdom: The Far Reaches
  • Kingpin: Life of Crime
  • Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
  • M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
  • MDK
  • MDK 2
  • Messiah
  • Redneck Rampage Collection (Includes Redneck Rampage, its expansion Suckin' Grits on Route 66, and Redneck Rampage Rides Again)
  • Sacrifice
  • Screamer
  • Shattered Steel
  • Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
  • Stonekeep

I don't see Whiplash. :colbert:

Actually this service looks pretty sweet. I've already seen a handful of games that I've been looking to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Can anyone running Windows 7 attest to Fallout 2 running properly? The version from the White Label Fallout Collection, with the latest Killap patch, has the rainbow colors bug and I can't get it to go away. I'd be willing to rebuy the game on GOG if I knew it would work properly.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

Can anyone running Windows 7 attest to Fallout 2 running properly? The version from the White Label Fallout Collection, with the latest Killap patch, has the rainbow colors bug and I can't get it to go away. I'd be willing to rebuy the game on GOG if I knew it would work properly.
I just kept restarting until it went away and it eventually did.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I'm really glad I bought Sacred Gold, there are some things about this game which are pretty silly but it is a drat good D2like. I love the art direction and how everything has such character to it. Along with getting some kind of unique gameplay of its own while still adhering to what made Diablo 2 work so well, actually looking unique and enjoyable is what really makes or breaks a D2-esque game for me, and why Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege 2 (and expansions, for both) are awesome while Loki is bland crap. It's making me want to buy Sacred 2, actually, so I guess GOG is great for everyone.

Although I was a little pissed off that Sacred Gold's cheat prevention made my character explode AFTER I saved my game, so that it totally corrupted the save, put my character back at level one in the starting area. I made the mistake of starting on "Silver" difficulty and had no more money for healing potions despite the fact that normal enemies could totally wail on me, so I figured I'd load up TSearch and give myself some more gold. Worked alright 'til I saved the game, my character exploded in a shower of guts, and any time I tried to load the save it level-1'd me, took away all my gold, and deposited me back at the start. That's making the point with rather vulgar overstatement, I think. Hardly GOG's fault, of course.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Does Castles 1 + 2 include the expansion for Castles 1? If so, I might have to spring for this.

Edit:

quote:

Notice. The Northern Campaign expansion pack is not included.

So much for that :( The new events and stuff were what made Castles 1 amazing.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 18, 2009

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what the chances of these guys picking up some old Microprose games are. I have an old X-Com megabundle thing, but its always a pain in the rear end to get working. If they were able to offer it in a working state for Vista on the cheap I'd be all over it. Ditto to Worms: Armageddon.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
No joy on X-Com from the Steam bundle?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sheep posted:

Does Castles 1 + 2 include the expansion for Castles 1? If so, I might have to spring for this.

Edit:

So much for that :( The new events and stuff were what made Castles 1 amazing.

Didn't know about this :(. Added to the OP.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Descent is killing me. I cannot for the life of me get past the first boss. Some aspects of the game have aged incredibly well, others, like the cheap-as-gently caress bosses, have not. If anyone has any ideas on how to kill the boss at level 7, I'd be happy.

I might have to check out the Freespace games though.

Fagballs
Feb 20, 2009
Does the online component of freespace 2 still work?

Velociraper
Apr 6, 2008

by hoodrow trillson
Is there a way to make the guy in fallout run instead of walking everywhere

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Velociraper posted:

Hold Shift.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Plavski posted:

Hold Shift.

Or just toggle the Always run mode in Options.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's been a while, but double-clicking should do that?

And in the options I think you can toggle him always running.. Unless that's just Fallout 2.

e: :argh:

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Velociraper posted:

Just remember that you can't Sneak if you're running. Probably obvious, but I just wanted to give you a heads-up...

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

guppy posted:

No joy on X-Com from the Steam bundle?

I didn't even know it was up on Steam. I'll look into that. My Bundle is on a CD and came out like 10 years ago so its not very up to date.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

@Banzaiaap We've announced Empire last week, TopWare this week and someone else next week.

I'm hoping for another publisher with alot of point-and-click adventure games, maybe The Adventure Company.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sporadic posted:

I'm hoping for another publisher with alot of point-and-click adventure games, maybe The Adventure Company.

I hope it's The Adventure Company. I'd buy Syberia again if I could.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

I hope it's The Adventure Company. I'd buy Syberia again if I could.

It's not GOG, but Amazon has Syberia 1 & 2 for $8.49

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0017HLYNC

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

buttweed posted:

I'm pretty sure there's working multiplayer with the open source engine called fsp open.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

buttweed posted:

No. The master server was taken offline. However, FSNetD was created to work around the problem. Unfortunately, it requires you to install the Freespace 2 SCP stuff. I don't know if it is possible to use the original game.

General details on multiplayer:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Portal:Multiplayer

Getting started guide:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Multiplayer_Getting_Started_Guide

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

HappyHelmet posted:

I wonder what the chances of these guys picking up some old Microprose games are. I have an old X-Com megabundle thing, but its always a pain in the rear end to get working. If they were able to offer it in a working state for Vista on the cheap I'd be all over it. Ditto to Worms: Armageddon.

Worms: Armageddon will never work perfectly in Vista :(. There's even a guy still actively patching it and it seems like the Vista problems just get worse with each patch.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Worms: Armageddon will never work perfectly in Vista :(. There's even a guy still actively patching it and it seems like the Vista problems just get worse with each patch.

Its basically gone like this for me:

Win 95 = Worked great!
Win 98 = Ok didn't work the first time, but just re-installed and now it does. Whatever, awesome!
Win 2K = Hmm... doesn't seem to be working. Oh, there is a work around to it posted on the internet, there we go!
Win XP = Not working again :( . Wait, there is a patch for it online that says it will get it working on XP! No, wait. That didn't work either :smith:

I haven't even bothered trying to get it to run on Vista yet. Its made even more frustrating by the fact that each new version that comes out features less stuff to play around with/features (I'm looking at you Worms 2 for the DS).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I don't get why they felt the need to "reboot" the series or whatever. I was so excited when I heard Worms was coming to the XBLA and then I was all "oh, it's Worms 1?" :what:

Armageddon is still the best and trying to play 1 again was painful.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Blake Stone: Planet Strike has been released for $5.99.

Fagballs
Feb 20, 2009

Nalin posted:

No. The master server was taken offline. However, FSNetD was created to work around the problem. Unfortunately, it requires you to install the Freespace 2 SCP stuff. I don't know if it is possible to use the original game.

General details on multiplayer:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Portal:Multiplayer

Getting started guide:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Multiplayer_Getting_Started_Guide

Many thanks, I'll probably be buying this game off gog then.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Weekend deal: all interplay action games 25% off.

As stated on the site:

quote:

This weekend we're giving you a 25% discount on all action titles from Interplay's catalogue. To benefit from the promotion you must follow these three easy steps:

* Step 1 - check the list of action games included in the promotion. You'll find the list below.
* Step 2 - add the action games that you want to buy to your cart and proceed to the payment screen.
* Step 3 - once you're on the payment screen enter the following promo code: ACTION. You'll receive a 25% discount on every action title from the list that you have in your cart.

Interplay action titles included in the promotion:

* Die by the Sword
* Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
* Earthworm Jim 3D
* MDK
* MDK 2
* Messiah
* Shattered Steel
Don't miss the bolded part when buying the games.

Pogo Stick Eagle
May 5, 2004

Strange, yet symbolically compelling.
I wonder if the Heroes of Might & Magic titles will ever be released on GOG... Heroes 4 is literally impossible to play on Vista x64.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
How are the MDK games?

Also, you can get Painkiller for $9 by entering the code PCG1 at checkout.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Anonononomous posted:

How are the MDK games?

This works. Thanks! I've been looking to get painkiller for a few weeks now.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Anonononomous posted:

Cool find! Will add this to the OP and the Interplay deal after I get home from class.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Anonononomous posted:

How are the MDK games?

Cheers for that, I used to own a copy of Painkiller but god knows where I put it. I'll go pick up another at GOG.

As for the MDK games, I've never played them but apparently the original is the better of the two, I usually just check out the GOG forums to see what the other members have to say (and if there are any tech problems). Apparently they have an odd control setup at first as this was before the now traditional WASD scheme became the norm.

Gaph
May 15, 2007

Painkiller is so much fun, I can't believe I didn't buy it in 2004 when I played the demo. It seemed too simple to maintain fun but it's surprisingly layered. Turning into a demon every 66 souls, juggling ragdolls in the air for extra gold, gold that pays for your (everlasting) tarot cards that modify the game in a pseudo-RPG way, shooting a stake through a grenade. I love that you can have two weapons bound to switch, fire and switch back. So I can be using my shotgun and instantly use the painkiller or shoot a grenade without actually switching weapons. It's awesome to be so in control of all your weapons.

I could say a lot more but the sum of the parts here adds up to something wonderful.

Electro
Aug 15, 2001
The MDK games are awesome, both of them. they're probably amongst my favorite action games ever.
They're so unique and out there, I don't think there's anything else quite like it.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Kleptomaniac posted:

I wonder if the Heroes of Might & Magic titles will ever be released on GOG... Heroes 4 is literally impossible to play on Vista x64.

That's a good thing though, Heroes 4 was terrible. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing 1, 2, 3, and the Might & Magic series.

Bullfrog and Origin/Looking Glass also need this treatment, I'd love to play Magic Carpet and System Shock again.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Vidmaster posted:

Bullfrog and Origin/Looking Glass also need this treatment, I'd love to play Magic Carpet and System Shock again.

The line starts over there.

Oh, and OP updated with the Interplay Promo and Anonononomous's Painkiller code!

Also:

GoG's Twitter Feed posted:

Maybe some day we'll do an action-game promo for next week's new publisher! Lots of great stuff in there.

Hmmmm...I doubt it's LucasArts. Guesses?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

For Painkiller: PowerMad cheat scripts

http://www.kalme.de/painkiller/index.php/content/view/22/39/

Having a pretty powerful computer, and a natural bloodlust, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't possible to employ the "pkkeepbodies" cheat on the higher difficulty levels. This cheat, entered into the console, keeps bodies from disappearing, resulting in a growing mound of corpses as you play through a level. A necessary thing, in my humble opinion.

I searched for a couple days before applying for help on the Dreamcatcher forums, and I was pointed to the link above. The install package creates a few new scripts within Painkiller, which enables you to use any documented cheat, and quite a few undocumented ones. Want the full tarot deck? Done. Want to transform into a demon anytime you like? Done! Want to map any cheat to a set of hotkeys? Done!

The scripts have worked flawlessly for me so far. Of course, you download and use at your own risk.

Enjoy!

Also, just bought MDK2.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Gaph posted:

Painkiller is so much fun, I can't believe I didn't buy it in 2004 when I played the demo. It seemed too simple to maintain fun but it's surprisingly layered. Turning into a demon every 66 souls, juggling ragdolls in the air for extra gold, gold that pays for your (everlasting) tarot cards that modify the game in a pseudo-RPG way, shooting a stake through a grenade. I love that you can have two weapons bound to switch, fire and switch back. So I can be using my shotgun and instantly use the painkiller or shoot a grenade without actually switching weapons. It's awesome to be so in control of all your weapons.

I could say a lot more but the sum of the parts here adds up to something wonderful.

Oh, poo poo, you keep tarot cards forever?

Alright, I'm finally playing through that. That'll keep me busy. I loved the first two levels but never played further because I somehow missed that RPGish element. I love that poo poo, I eat it up. I have the Black version from a brick&mortar, with all three games. The one where you play a fallen angel is crap, though. Waste of time.

Painkiller is sort of like Serious Sam, they just got it totally right.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

guppy posted:

I bought Septerra Core at retail when it came out. I really wanted to like it, it didn't have any obvious problems, and it was well-made. It's just... Well, I started it several times, got to about the same place, and just put it down and never came back. The game just isn't engrossing. Maybe it's a story issue.

Maybe I'll try it again.

Being intrigued by the game but not actually being able to finish it seems like a pretty common problem, but there's currently a pretty decent LP of it going on if you want to enjoy it the easy way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaph
May 15, 2007

Agreed posted:

Oh, poo poo, you keep tarot cards forever?

I said the same thing. Experience told me that bonus cards are one-time use, so when I found out that you get to keep the cards forever it blew my mind. Ever since unlocking the cards has been my primary aim. Second, it's finding all the secrets/artifacts and juggling enemies to make enough gold to actually play the card, besides just being a lot of fun. After you complete the level the entirety of it opens up so you can backtrack and explore at your leisure.