Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Link to the Good Old Games Front Page!

:siren: As of October 28th, 2014, GOG has reached another huge milestone retro video game lovers have been waiting on for about a decade: LucasArts is finally here thanks to negotiations with Disney Interactive!

:siren: As of June 2nd, 2011, GOG has finally reached a milestone no one else has:

:siren: Expansions for Alpha Centauri and the Wing Commander games are finally here!

:siren: So are the expansions for Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper, Magic Carpet, Populous, and Populous: The Beginning! More info here

As for the rest of the missing expansions, they're still tangled up in legal issues and will hopefully be here soon! More info here:

GOG.com posted:

Guys, it turns out that getting the rights for the expansions for the EA games is very, very, very complicated. While we are (of course) working on them, the rights clearance will not be resolved any time soon. In the mean time, though, two classic games that helped define the space shooter genre for $6 is nothing to sneeze at.

:siren: Also, if the standard MIDI tracks in your favorite GOG's has got you down, see WiredStnkyPusyLuvr's awesome MIDI guide at the end of the OP!

Good Old Games? GOG.com? What the hell is-

Why, I'm glad you asked! GOG.com is all about exactly what the thread title says: A new digital distribution service for PC games, mainly of the classic and indie variety.

Good Old Games not only offers both Windows and DOS titles that are 100% compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OS X-based machines, but every game here will work with your favorite Unofficial "Fan-made" patch or Mod....Heck, they even have recommendation threads for each game for such a thing! Virtually all titles are updated to their latest versions while the DOS games are integrated with DOSBox similar to the id Super Pack from Steam.

Ughh, DOSBox? Really??

Wait a second! It's actually integrated in an even better way than any Steam game that uses it: Each game comes with it's own installer that creates shortcuts just like this:

You can easily change DOSBox's graphics mode with a couple simple mouse clicks, go into the game's setup program effortlessly to change the control configuration, have an high-quality scan of the original manual nearby, and run the game right from that menu with virtually no tinkering!

Hmm...sounds interesting so far! What else is so great about this service?

Did I mention that there's no regional restrictions on purchasing games here either? That's right: Gamers from all over the world can shop at GoG without worrying if a certain game is off-limits to them or not. In fact, the majority of regulars at the GoG message boards are from outside of the U.S.!

NO DRM!: Every game is literally 100% DRM Free! No extra programs to download, no being online to authenticate it in any way, no extra fees or a signup or subscription fee, no serial numbers, no copy-protection software, no bullshit; all it takes to buy something is your credit card and about 10 seconds of your time for your order to process!

After that, all you have to do is log into your account to access your purchases (which are represented by boxes on a cool virtual shelf seen above), left-click the game to make the above menu appear, and you can download your game and its extra goodies to your heart's content and to as many different computers as you want! Every single game has downloadable extras when you purchase it which may include manuals, soundtracks, wallpaper, avatars, reference cards, artwork, and more!

GOG.com also runs weekend promos where they usually combine two games together and shave a few bucks off of the price. The sales aren't as extreme as Steam's Weekend Deals, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

Also, the community on the message boards is made up of mature individuals that are quick to report any small discrepencies with a game and help out with any other problems you may run into. Different members of the GOG team post there often as well and really do listen to everyone's thoughts, opinions, and ideas, which is really great to see!

Soooo...to recap:

Wow! That's pretty drat cool! So what games do they have?

When the site launched in late 2008, they only had a smaller (but generous) Interplay catalogue, and a few Codemasters games to choose from, but as of today, it has recently come out of it's Beta stage and its selection has blossomed to a staggering total of over 400 titles across over 60 different publishers, plus more coming weekly! Some of those even count as collections of two or more games in one convenient package!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:pcgaming: CURRENT PROMO! :homebrew:

Keep checking the front page for the latest scoop!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:pcgaming: NEW RELEASES! :homebrew:

New Releases usually come around every Tuesday and the occasional Thursday! When arriving on the front page, scroll down and select "New & Coming" above the list on the right-hand side.

:siren: Addendum: Fallen Heroes :patriot:

• Colin McRae Rally 2005 (Removed due to a licensing issue with Codemasters.)
  • TOCA Race Driver 3 (Removed due to a licensing issue with Codemasters.)
  • Operation Flashpoint: G.O.T.Y. Edition (Re-released as ArmA: Cold War Assault)

Check here for more recently removed games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:siren: Addendum II: MIDI 101 with WiredStnkyPusyLuvr

WiredStnkyPusyLuvr posted:

:siren: MIDI DOES NOT HAVE TO SOUND LIKE CHEESY poo poo. HERE IS A GUIDE TO MAKE YOUR MIDI NOT SOUND LIKE CHEESY poo poo. :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okb0JP3xpWA
(note that if you're using a Creative Labs card, you don't need to do any of this - you can load SoundFonts using Creative Labs' built-in Sound Bank Manager. See this post for details (thanks, Don Sultan, for reminding me of this and finding that tutorial).

As we all know, the standard Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth loving eats. DOSBox uses an emulated Sound Blaster for its MIDI, which is probably better than the Microsoft default, but standard Sound Blasters weren't exactly known for their MIDI capabilities even back in the day (relying on backwards-compatibility with AdLib cards), and even the Sound Blaster 16 wasn't really top-of-the-line back in the 90s, and none of these options are exactly top-of-the-line today.

This is a guide to set up a SoundFont-capable MIDI driver in your Windows installation, thus giving all your MIDI - be it DOSBox games or Angelfire webpages from the 90s - a substantial boost in music quality.

1. Click this link. Yes, I know it's an offsite forum. Yes, I know it's a Doom forum. Doesn't matter. This guide is basically perfect and my rewriting it would be superficial and redundant. Click that link and follow the tutorial - it includes links to everything you need.
  2. People on 64-bit Vista/7 systems:

Al Baron posted:

You need to put the PLWMidiMap.cpl in the SysWOW64 folder, not system32.

You also need to switch to Classic view in the Control Panel by changing 'View by' to icons, not categories.
  3. An optional, but highly recommended step is to open up the TiMidity++ .cfg file (it's in C:\WINDOWS\timidity.cfg by default, or you can open TiMidity++ Setup and click the button in the lower-left corner that says "edit timidity.cfg") and add "#extension opt -EFreverb=0" (without the quotes) on a new line at the bottom. This will get rid of all the artificial reverb, which can kinda obscure the instrumentation. Feel free to leave it if you really like that 1980s reverb-drenched sound! See below for a comparison video.
  4. Most GOG.com games, by default, are configured to use "Sound Blaster" (or Pro or 16) as their Music Device. This means that they'll be using DOSBox's emulated Sound Blaster, and not your brand-spankin' new sleek-rear end TiMidity++ setup. This may be the way you remember the games sounding (and in fact likely is), but it sorta defeats the purpose of installing TiMidity++. So, to rectify this, you'll need to go into the game's SETUP.EXE (or SOUNDSET or INSTALL, it varies from game to game), and change the "Music" (NOT the "Sound Effects", remember, in the days of DOS these were different things) to "General MIDI". A few examples of where to find this:
    • Duke Nukem 3D: Start > Programs > GOG.com > Duke Nukem 3D > Setup, then Sound Setup > Choose Music Card > General MIDI.
    • Tyrian 2000: Start > Programs > GOG.com > Tyrian 2000 > Setup, then choose "Midi 330h".
    • Rise of the Triad: Start > Programs > GOG.com > Rise of the Triad > Setup, then choose "Configure Sounds" and "Setup Music", and choose "General MIDI".
    • Simcity 2000: You need to go to the directory where you installed the game (C:\Program Files\GOG.com\Simcity 2000 Special Edition by default) and run INSTALL.EXE (at least in XP Pro, you do not need to be in DOSBox to run this). Ignore the warning about RAM, then choose "Change Music" and choose "MPU-401 General MIDI". You can also edit the SC2000.CFG file manually - under [Music], delete everything, and replace with
      code:
      MUSICNAME=MPU-401 General MIDI
      MUSICDRIVER=A32MT32.DLL
      MUSICADDRESS=*
      MUSICIRQ=*
      MUSICDMA=*
      MUSICDRQ=*
  5. You're ready to rock! :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-8P2PmTxxM
That's a video I made to highlight a few different SoundFonts, starting with the lovely Microsoft SW Synth and moving through in no particular order - WeedsGM3 (my favorite of the lot) is at the 7:25 mark. And here's a 168MB .RAR file with all those SoundFonts included. You can find these elsewhere on the web, but download speeds can be ridiculously slow (17KB/sec on one particular site) and you sometimes have to muck about with special SFARK/SFPAK decompressors - this eliminates the need for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tA5Jq_z_Zk
And there's a brief video comparing the default TiMidity++ reverb with the #extension opt -EFreverb=0 dry sound.

That's all, folks! Remember:

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

thedouche posted:

Damnit, I really need to get around to playing through Fallout 1 and 2.

Sometimes this site can be a bit depressing to look at because I still have a ton of games on Steam to play through, and there's a bunch more on here that I want, but have no time to get around to.

For example/FUN FACT: I've never, ever played a Fallout game in my life. I've also never played any of the Gothic games which I've heard lots of good things about and a ton of other poo poo on here I want to play after I clear some of my backlog.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Outrespective posted:

Are the games patchable/Fan-patchable/moddable?

Or are you locked into a patched version and unable to install any fan-mods etc?

All games that I know of on here have the latest patch installed, but as far as unofficial fan-made patches and mods, they should work just fine.

^^ Yeah, what he said. :)

Added that info to the OP.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 5, 2009

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Indoor Plumbing posted:

Okay just bought Redneck Rampage. Thanks for letting me relive my past for $6 :)

HUUUUUSHPUPPIE!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

rockinricky posted:

Another good thing about GOG is that they're not limited to selling in the US.

I put this fact into the OP as well!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

SnatchRabbit posted:

Has there been any word of the GoG crew supporting Anachronox? I never played it, but it keeps popping up in old PC gaming threads as a pretty cool sci-fi title. Would definitely drop $10 on that.

No kidding. Anachronox is one of my favorite RPGs, and Tom Hall constantly mentions that if he got the IP rights to Commander Keen and Anachronox, he would make sequels.

But it'll never happen. :(

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

SixOhSix posted:

Do note that you can't base not being in the Coming Soon as it never happening though. If I recall, 3DRealms said not even a year ago that they had no interest in digital distribution on PC, and now as of this month they have unveiled a progressive release of the Apogee catalog. Plus, GoG LOVES surprises, and on occasion out of the blue they just sort of go "hey, you know that game y'all really liked? WELL HERE IT IS!"

No one dreamed of seeing EA on Steam or Apogee here on GoG. As far as I'm concerned, the sky's the limit now. Anything is possible!

Vidmaster posted:

I heard it's actually just because compression has come a long way between when the game was released and the re-release. By way of comparison, BG2 is a lot bigger than BG1, but is on 4 disks instead of 5. I think if you look at the contents of the disks you'll see folders for CD 1, 2, 3, and 4 on there.

I remember Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast being 6 CDs total, and Interplay later re-released all of it as "The Original Saga" on 3 CDs. I don't recall it being any different than the original 6 CD version other than less annoying disc swapping, of course.

vvvvvvv Armed & Dangerous rocks!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Velociraper posted:

I can't decide between Fallout, Giants, and Capitalism 2, can someone make the decision for me?

Giants. Fallout can wait a little while longer.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Yodzilla posted:

The two games I really want to see on there is Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Rocket Jockey. Come on now both are well deserving. Also I'd like to see an Alone in the Dark anthology thrown up for good measure.

I highly doubt we're going to see Raptor, as much as I'd like it on here. The big problem with most of the classic Apogee games is that they had individual developers who made the games. Apogee merely published them, and Raptor is no exception. Scott Host, who developed Raptor and owned Cygnus Studios, changed the name to Mountain King Studios and sells a Windows version of Raptor on his website, yet 3D Realms still sells the original (and, in my opinion, superior) DOS version, so who knows.

I've been reading through The Apogee Legacy Interviews where they interview the minds behind each of their old games, and it's quite interesting. It also shows just how many different people are responsible for all their games, and all the different calls that need to be made for licensing deals.

I'd absolutely love to see the Alone in the Dark Trilogy here, but who owns them now? Atari? Watching Malorie's Let's Play of AitD 2 is making me miss it and want to play it again. :(

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
So, I just stumbled across this while checking out Apogee's full list of games on Wikipedia: List of Commercial games available as freeware, and...wow! I never knew Abuse, the Dark Sun games, Ground Control, and Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe were now free! I forgot Apogee's Boppin' is now free too.

And with that, I'm going to bed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Happy Friday everyone! Added a Weekend Promo section to the OP as well as emphasized a couple points.

Casao posted:

I make plenty of sense. I was referring to the DRM situation in general, I guess it just wasn't clear.

There's absolutely zero. Once you purchase a game, you can download it (and it's extra goodies) as many times as you want, burn it to a CD/DVD, and install it on all of your other computers if you want. There's no restrictions whatsoever.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
So according to the message boards on GoG.com, the GoG team likes to post the newest dirt on what they're doing on their Twitter account, and I found this little piece of info people are already speculating on posted a couple days ago:

The GoG Team posted:

Next Tuesday will bring Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and a new publisher!

I made a Twitter account just to keep an eye on this, but in the meantime, it's time to play Who will it beeee??

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blodskur posted:

It seems you have to pay $20 to join that site. I'd rather spend that on GOG directly.

Ohh, yeah, the ECA site. I thought you meant Twitter for a second.

The Skeep posted:

EDIT:wow, I did not realize how dated this game is. oh well, $6 ($9 after currency conversion) isn't too bad.

Try the WinROTTGL for Windows which allows you to run it at 1280x1024 as well as some extra options before you write it off. It really is a great game, and isn't "just another shooter" like so many other FPSes.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 7, 2009

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The GoG Team posted:

Next Tuesday will bring Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and a new publisher!

So...any ideas on who the new publisher will be? No new clues on Twitter like they did with Apogee. In any case, I'll poo poo a brick if it's any one of these: Raven Software, LucasArts, EA, Sierra, or Microsoft (their classic stuff). We really need those.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

El Nath posted:

I bought Redneck Rampage but it runs like complete rear end on my Win XP netbook. The framerate is so bad it's unplayable. I've tried messing around with all the graphic options (direct3d, directdraw, opengl) but nothing helped. I can't open the original setup file for some reason. I want to get duke3d as well but since it's also a build game I'm holding off. Has anyone else had this problem as well and know how to fix it?

Depending on your netbook's specs, this may or may not help, but it's definitely worth a shot. Keep in mind that you need a decent system to run Redneck Rampage completely smoothly, and it was one of the last DOS games made in 1997, which really challenges DOSBox.

First of all, make sure the "Graphic Mode Setup" is set to "ddraw". That usually works best for me.

Now, navigate to C:\Program Files\GOG.com\Redneck Rampage Collection\Redneck Rampage, and look for the file dosboxRR.conf. Right-click it and select "Edit".

Now, change the following options if they aren't this way already:

code:

[dosbox]

memsize=32

[cpu]

core=dynamic
cycles=75000

From there, play around with how many cpu cycles the game gets by decreasing them (CTRL+F11) or increasing them (CTRL+F12). If the game runs smoothly, but the sound is choppy, decrease the cycles a bit. Hope that helps!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm still jazzed about the new publisher tomorrow. I wonder who it'll be?

Also, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold tomorrow!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mr Pepper posted:

What happened to the new publisher announcement? Or is that on thursday?

Well, apparently Thursday is "announcement day" according to the thread about it, and the popular unofficial word is to wait until this Thursday. I guess we'll see.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Manhattan Project is an excellent game, I bought it way back when for about $20 (I think...?), and it came with a cool keychain. I never played past the first level though as I got distracted by other stuff.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

EDIT: Twitter says THREE new publishers, hell yeah.

GOG's Latest Twitter Teaser posted:

Three (3) new publishers coming to http://gog.com in the next few weeks. Yes, I am a tease. -T

Holy poo poo. No kidding you guys are! :arghfist:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

guppy posted:

Took a little looking to find, here's the Twitter feed if people are interested:

http://twitter.com/GOGcom

Gonna add this to the OP so us goons can stay on the up-and-up.

Edit: Added to the top of the OP.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 11, 2009

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I just watched Adam Sessler's plug for GoG.com on G4's Attack of the Show (Link: http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/videos/37118/Adam-for-Good-Old-Games.html), and it was pretty cool. He even made a strong suggestion for Requiem: Avenging Angel to be on there. Good call.

Also, bonus kick-rear end Rise of the Triad footage starting at 1:32!

BUY IT YOU FOOLS

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Charlie Mopps posted:

Meh, chess and pinball games. Was hoping for something a bit more spectacular. :(

At least it's something. They can't work miracles every time!

Updated the OP.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mein Eyes! posted:

Blake Stone!

That's Robert Wills Stone the 3rd to you! :colbert:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Nanpa posted:

Also, I'd like to ask how good Painkiller, Arx Fatalis, and Gothic 2 are.

Painkiller is worth it if you like frantic, arcadey, fast-paced shooters ala Serious Sam. Arx Fatalis is a pretty neat RPG where you cast spells by making mouse gestures and it was planned to be Ultima Underworld III, but they couldn't get the rights to the name.

I haven't played Gothic II, but I've heard great things about it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
OP updated. My whole thought process pretty much went like this upon visiting GoG a few minutes ago:

"TopWare? What did they make? Hmm...some of these look interesting...OOH, Septerra Core!" :)

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sheep posted:

Does Castles 1 + 2 include the expansion for Castles 1? If so, I might have to spring for this.

Edit:

So much for that :( The new events and stuff were what made Castles 1 amazing.

Didn't know about this :(. Added to the OP.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Anonononomous posted:

Also, you can get Painkiller for $9 by entering the code PCG1 at checkout.

Cool find! Will add this to the OP and the Interplay deal after I get home from class.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Vidmaster posted:

Bullfrog and Origin/Looking Glass also need this treatment, I'd love to play Magic Carpet and System Shock again.

The line starts over there.

Oh, and OP updated with the Interplay Promo and Anonononomous's Painkiller code!

Also:

GoG's Twitter Feed posted:

Maybe some day we'll do an action-game promo for next week's new publisher! Lots of great stuff in there.

Hmmmm...I doubt it's LucasArts. Guesses?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

kode54 posted:

I suppose I could make an installer that requires all of the original files to be present.

If you wanted to, I'd be interested in it. :) I never knew the MDK2 music was borked like that.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Twitter Feed posted:

@Maevvy We have a pretty swell release coming up tomorrow and it's not even from a new publisher :)

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
For the rest of you hardcore Apogee fans out there: Kroz, Arctic Adventure, Dark Ages, Monuments of Mars and Pharaoh's Tomb are officially freeware now!

Also, Beyond the Titanic, Supernova, and Word Whiz are being re-released as freeware with the source code(s).

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ubisoft was the HUGE publisher announcement? Yawn.

Still, the bonus stuff is always cool, and its nice for anyone outside the U.S. who can't buy them on Steam.

GreenNight posted:

Gonna go ahead and add this to the OP! :)

Edit: All updated.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 26, 2009

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Interesting read. It's good to see they have a goal of having a huge selection of classic PC games, have the correct approach to piracy, and the process they go through to finding copyright owners.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

GoG.com posted:

If the free game for the 100th release on GOG.com wasn't enough of surprise for you, we're giving you a sneak peek at our new feature - Virtual Game Shelf 2.0

From time to time, Destro is tossing some info about the upcoming "Update 2", but it seems we'll see a cool, new feature before the big update will launch. GOG.com's Design&Development Team is proud to give you the first look at brand new Virtual Game Shelf in version 2.0. Now your shelf will get covered in dust and litter with trash, the games you play the most will get your fingerprints on their boxes and if you won't look after your shelf, spiders will spin their webs. Luckily you'll have an anti-dust spray to keep everything fresh and clean and you'll be able to add a personal touch by placing your favourite action figure or a teddy bear from your girlfriend.

Goons should be very familiar with this idea except for the girlfriend part m i rite guys?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Fallom posted:

There can't be any reason the GOG guys would have a problem with Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire would they? Are the rights still owned by Firaxis, some of the coolest dudes in the business?

I'd love to see Alpha Centauri on here, especially since I've never owned it, and the expansion is lie $100+ on eBay. I played it briefly though, and liked what I saw.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Halibut Barn posted:

There's a new Alpha Centauri Complete pack, so somebody else might have the distribution rights for now. Then again, this looks like a UK-only thing, so maybe GoG can still grab the worldwide rights or something.

My heart skipped a beat because I thought you were going to say it was on GoG now.

But wow, I bet a lot of people who have their oh-so-rare copies of Alien Crossfire are pissed now.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Holy poo poo, Postal! I enjoyed Postal 2 as just big dumb fun game, which is how people should see it, and I never got the chance to play the first Postal.

Buying both of these definitely. I'll also update the OP when I get home later this afternoon.

Edit: Updated

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 18, 2009

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire has been released for $5.99. OPs all updated.

Also, the original Postal is pretty neat for $6.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Pretty :krad: promo going on right now if you don't have the Fallout games yet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The GOG Team posted:

The small package with GOG.com stickers will be sent to your address soon. Don't forget to send us some photos where did you manage to paste the stickers and please don't hurt yourself or anyone else :)

Whoo hoo!