Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

der bruder
Jul 9, 2007

Eat My Phở

Jetsetlemming posted:

Hey, it was a feature of the Dark Engine and Thief games.

Maybe the new publisher will be Eidos?! They went bankrupt so they probably need to bulk up their wallets with precious Polandish metals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der bruder
Jul 9, 2007

Eat My Phở

Vidmaster posted:

Personally I'm hoping for the original Rayman, that was a fun game.

Agreeing wit this, Rayman was a great old game!

der bruder
Jul 9, 2007

Eat My Phở
Part of this whole mess is that Colin McRae isn't even an old game :I

der bruder
Jul 9, 2007

Eat My Phở

The Machine posted:

It's almost five years old. That's like "one Blizzard title" in game years.

The point though is that old games have all this distribution contract buffoonery set. Sure five years is a long time but the binding document that says they have to pull the game is still current. Whatever the specifics, a real old game is just sitting in some company's closet without some impending legal nonsense to worry about.

I'm not saying that GOG should refuse a game because it's reached an abstract age, and I think they're handling the situation as well as they can. But just in the future, they should try to pick up material when the ink is dry.