Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what the chances of these guys picking up some old Microprose games are. I have an old X-Com megabundle thing, but its always a pain in the rear end to get working. If they were able to offer it in a working state for Vista on the cheap I'd be all over it. Ditto to Worms: Armageddon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

guppy posted:

No joy on X-Com from the Steam bundle?

I didn't even know it was up on Steam. I'll look into that. My Bundle is on a CD and came out like 10 years ago so its not very up to date.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Worms: Armageddon will never work perfectly in Vista :(. There's even a guy still actively patching it and it seems like the Vista problems just get worse with each patch.

Its basically gone like this for me:

Win 95 = Worked great!
Win 98 = Ok didn't work the first time, but just re-installed and now it does. Whatever, awesome!
Win 2K = Hmm... doesn't seem to be working. Oh, there is a work around to it posted on the internet, there we go!
Win XP = Not working again :( . Wait, there is a patch for it online that says it will get it working on XP! No, wait. That didn't work either :smith:

I haven't even bothered trying to get it to run on Vista yet. Its made even more frustrating by the fact that each new version that comes out features less stuff to play around with/features (I'm looking at you Worms 2 for the DS).