Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Does Castles 1 + 2 include the expansion for Castles 1? If so, I might have to spring for this.

Edit:

quote:

Notice. The Northern Campaign expansion pack is not included.

So much for that :( The new events and stuff were what made Castles 1 amazing.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I just started IWD and I'm getting absolutely housed looking for the caravan. My party is a mage, fighter, druid, cleric, thief and ranger, and I managed to save/reload my way through the orc shaman but I'll be damned if I can manage to kill the ogre. Are two or more fighters really necessary for this game?

God drat I hate low level D&D fighting. I've never abused entangle and that stone-throwing cleric spell so much before in my entire life.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
The one non-desert Ravenloft game was amazing. I kind of wish there was a way to buy the gold box games prepackaged to run on modern operating systems. I have that wacky CD collection released like a decade ago and they pretty much just won't run on Windows 7 without tons of dosbox trickery.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
How do you complete the drinking game quest in the hamlet in TOEE? I outdrank everyone (twice) and the bartender "called me over" but nothing happens. If I wait around until they sober/wake up, they just ask me if I want to play a drinking game again.

Also how do you force attack someone in ToEE? Walking up to that bear in the fields who isn't normally aggressive until you get really close is kind of silly.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Foul Fowl posted:

Well TOEE is a bitch sometimes but it's a lot of fun.

drat ogre! :argh:

Yeah my guys are level 2 but I have no clue how to kill an ogre that oneshots them and gets what, 2 hits a round? aside from save-reloading until the mage manages to color spray-stun him or something.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

FuriousGeorge posted:

Entangle.

I don't have a druid. Is it necessary that you kill him?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

BiggerJ posted:

Apparently, Co8 is incompatible with the third official patch, which is included in GOG's version. Installing the second official patch overwrites the third.

Worked fine installing Co8 right after installing the GOG version for me, so I doubt this is the case.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

pixelbaron posted:

It's definitely a lot more fun from a creative standpoint to mess around with NWN2's editor, as you have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want with the landscape. Too bad the game looks like crap and runs like crap in most instances.

So I'm guessing they never fixed the performance issues in NWN2?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Hogburto posted:

Does MoO have awesome terraforming, a pretty cool secret project-driven plot, weird-cool spacey music, and an in-game encyclopedia? And a ginger, back-stabbing, sneering, condescending bitch enemy?

Yes, Master of Orion 2 has all of these sans a project-driven plot (instead you get scary aliens-driven plot). MOO 1 is basically the same but without an in-game encyclopedia.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Betrayal at Krondor is without a doubt one of the best RPGs of all time. Fantastic story, gameplay, atmosphere, and music. I dropped the $4.19 without any hesitation whatsoever.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
It's only the GamersGate downloader that requires authentication, which is kind of a far cry from DRM.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 23, 2011

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Lurchibles posted:

This is true. But if GoG were going to take on major releases then they wouldn't even require that. Why settle for downloader authentication when there just shouldn't be any DRM?

Logging into the GOG site to press "download using _____" is literally the exact same thing, doubly so if you use the GOG downloader which also requires you to login. The fact that install files are encrypted means nothing when GG offers tacit approval of users backing up their files in ways mentioned previously in the thread. The end product is the same, and arguing otherwise is just seems kind of nitpicky.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Still waiting on the Northern Campaign expansion for Castles :(

I never played Underworld when it originally came out. Is it like Eye of the Beholder in Britannia or something?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
What's the story with Battlezone? I miss fighting Russians on the moon and running around in robots and poo poo. Wikipedia says Activision developed and published it so it seems like that'd be an easy one to acquire.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Yeah I just found that. And one of the original programmers is still working on it too! Awesome.

Edit: hot drat, latest patch was on this Monday too.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 28, 2011

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

That is sort of an evil sale, since I see it and I'm like, "Oh I don't really need to play Demon Stone or Dragonshard," and then I remove them from the list and I notice they are pennies off the total. Why would you do this to me GOG :(

Guess I'm out $34.

Exact same thing happened to me. Now I have every D&D game on GOG just because I figured "$2 more for Dragonshard and Demon Stone, why not?"

Gog is evil.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Dominic White posted:

Whoa, this is a surprise. Todays game: Darklands.

gently caress it GOG just take all my money then.

Edit: for some reason I also decided to buy Master of Orion 3 just to remind me that there is no god.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 14, 2011

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Megadyptes posted:

Heh, top three reviews for MOO3

There's probably some insane MOO3 fanboy reviews in there somewhere that give it 5/5 though.

I bought it on Gamersgate anyways because it was only $2. And because I hate myself.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

The Dark Sun games. Technically I think they aren't part of the Gold Box collection even if they're made on the same (or at least a similar) engine. I think they made a Spelljammer game in that same vein, too. Also Al-Qadim

The Ravenloft games (especially Strahd's Possession, the other one less so) had the best atmosphere ever.

The Spelljammer game was awesome but I don't believe it was even the same engine as the Gold Box games.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

BiggerJ posted:

I'm going to try to write a list of all un-GOGged SSI D&D games. Tell me if I've missed any.

DRAGONLANCE:
Krynn trilogy
Heroes of the Lance trilogy
War of the Lance
Dragonstrike

DARK SUN:
Shattered Lands
Wake of the Ravager

RAVENLOFT:
Strahd's Possession
Curse of the Prophet

OTHERS:
Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse
SpellJammer: Pirates of Realmspace

Shadow Sorceror (one of the best Dragonlance games) and Hillsfar are not on GOG.

Edit: Prophecy of the Shadow and Dragons of Flame too.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Oh, I'm phone posting so just used GOG.com's search function (which returns nothing).