Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tachonium
Sep 9, 2000

The New Steel.
Did quite a bit to my '83 Suzuki this week. The warm, ride-friendly weather pushed me to take care of some issues and continue some cosmetic work.

• Installed a banjo bolt switch for my front brake. The old "switch" was unreliable.
  • Bled both brake systems
  • Replaced the suddenly dead turn signal flasher with an electronic one.
  • Replaced the clutch cable which had begun to fray.
  • Decided to remove the Suzuki badges from the tank. Filled in the notches behind them for a smooth look. Will paint it tomorrow.
  • This weekend I'll finally re-cover the worn out seat.

Tachonium fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tachonium
Sep 9, 2000

The New Steel.
Finished cosmetic work on my ride, fresh paint and a new seat cover. The following is a brief history of my motorcycle since everyone likes pictures.

When I bought her. Rattle-can "color changing" paint. :barf: A host of mechanical and electrical problems. (Note the rags tied on the forks as a fork seal solution.)

Here she is with a coat of paint and most mechanical problems resolved. Running great!

And finally: stripped the badges, better paint, and a new seat cover. All mechanical and electrical issues resolved.

1983 Suzuki GS650L

Tachonium
Sep 9, 2000

The New Steel.
Changed the oil and filter last night. Should have been a quick 30min tops operation. Oh no! The bike gods are angry. Two of the filter cover bolts broke. So it became bolt removal and replacement time. I get everything back together, fill it up and the bike pukes out half the oil upon starting. The filter cover gasket slipped without my noticing apparently. :ughh:

Drain, re-seat gasket, refill and yay! no leaks!