Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

I took off the exhaust for ceramic coating and removed the rear taillights/brake light assembly for an all in one LED unit last night.

I really need to get rid of all the zip ties that hold the wiring to the frame on the Monsters and reroute everything but :effort:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Frame sliders, steering dampener, new chain and sprockets.

Soon some new wave rotors and bars, maybe new rear shock/cartridges for the front. Then done.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

HNasty posted:

Added a cell phone holder.

I actually was deciding between that mount and the medium aquabox. Ended up going with the aqua, mounted it in the same spot on my monster.

Those ram mounts are really nice.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

New front/rear sprocket and chain on Friday. Spent a long time today removing all the flung off chain lube from the back of my bike because I forgot to clean it first (no chain guard to catch it, not usually a problem with chain wax). :saddowns:

Rest of the day was spent moving my R/R, removing a drat meter worth of emissions tubing and crank case/idle breather poo poo. Cleaned up the electrical loom and re-zip tied everything. Also moved from the airbox to pod filters.

Thing runs really well now.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

MotoMind posted:

* Install G2 throttle tube with slow cam (stupid snatchy low-speed FI)
* Install new Progrip 714 grips

I just put both of those on my Monster like a month ago, both are really nice. The G2 and changing some teeth on my sprockets really calmed down the FI snatchiness in first and second around the city.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

HNasty posted:

I've got a instruction manual and a new part, probably going to break my bike but gently caress it, gonna be a rainy weekend anyway.

Haha, you too?

I just picked up the DP one from Pro Italia as well. Was going to throw it on later today. It's fairly easy it looks like.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

New clutch slave, and a Ballistic Lithium Iron Phosphate battery.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Changed the oil a couple days ago, then today I changed all the brake and clutch fluid since they were all looking lovely already. While I was at it, I removed the emissions and weight stickers from the frame and finally removed the big, ugly charcoal canister from the underside. Looks much cleaner now.

Yeah it looks a lot better without all the crap under the seat, doesn't it? I'm assuming you moved the RR as well too?

I put on the velocity stacks + cone filters from TPO with some red covers for them the other day, and it really cleans up the bike. It's a much better looking beast without all the tubing and black plastic boxes on it.

Also how do you like that cf rear hugger? I've decided I need one, as constantly cleaning off the rear shock is getting annoying.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Not sure what you mean by rr. What I've done with the bike cosmetically since I've had it is a fender eliminator with a new tail light with integrated turn signals, new front signals(need to be replaced, too angular and one shorted out), steering damper, and dart windscreen. The rear hugger came with it, and I guess it works great. Never rode without it, and never had any problems.

Changing to pod filters for the carbs and case breather would look pretty nice, but make it even less rain-friendly than it already is. Maybe some day I can justify blinging the bike out some more. Also, are the mounting points for all the air-cooled engines identical? I was curious if swapping the 900 for a newer 1100 would be as easy as dropping one out and putting the other in.

The rectifier/regulator that I think should have sat on top of the black evap/emissions tank you took off from under the seat.

On my S2R 1000 the drat thing cooked my junk so I moved it away from the very bottom of the seat, and now it hangs underneath.

And yeah my Monster doesn't have any rear fender, so it constantly is throwing chain lube and road gunk up on the shock coil and making it a pain to clean.

A tail chop and integrated led rear brake/turn signals really cleans up the bike, it was one of the first things I did.

And the mounting should be the same, especially if you are not using the stock air box. LT over at Desmotimes has a great mechanics manual for the 2V and 4V Ducatis. It's worth the thirty bucks or so and then some.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Every time I think I'm curious about owning an I4, I see something like that and get scared off again.

Working on twins is just so, so much easier. Especially on Ducs because you can just drop it out of the trellis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Mine came with an applicator that made it almost impossible to gently caress up. Had a guide on it to keep it even and such.