Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I rode it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Looks great man, as for what I did to mine today. Rolled over 19k miles :cool:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sklnd posted:

I got my ride inspected, finally. I've owned it since August, and the inspection has been out a lot longer than that. Tomorrow, 400 mile ride to the other side of Texas!

Pics or it doesn't happen.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I stared at it and got back to work :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

(not my photo)

Put a cheapo off brand Throttle Rocker on the Ninja, as after my long trip my throttle hand had some numbness issues. After running around town for a bit, I'm not convinced this is going to help any though. We'll see on the next 4-500 mile day.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

I cleaned and lubed the chain for the first time since I've had the Ninja, and in celebration I drove all over the Santa Monica Mountains!

I rode to Santa Monica via the boulevard of the same name, then took PCH north until I reached the Mulholland Highway just west of Malibu. Took that back (slowly) all the way until it ends in Topanga Canyon. Went down Topanga Cyn. Blvd, back to PCH, back to Santa Monica, and finally back through the beginning of rush hour traffic to Hollywood.

About 110 miles altogether, by far the longest ride I've done yet. The second longest is about 25, when I brought the bike home from Reseda.

My first stop, somewhere early on Mulholland Hwy. I didn't take too many pictures this time out, too busy having a blast riding.

The Malibu Country Club, as far as I can tell. These canyon roads have some astounding views.

Now I'm off to ice my clutch hand, as my wrist is painfully sore...

Man I rode right around there when I was in LA. God I'm so jealous. Dallas is flat.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

isn't that your first bike? You're a braver man then I, sounds like a lot of fun. Rubber side down and all!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Pubic Lair posted:

I'm a little late on this but I was wondering what mount you used? I got a free nuvi 270 in the deals thread a while back that I would love to slap on my Zephyr

get a ram mount

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

plus you when people ask what that is on your handle bar you don't get to say RAM BALLS

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Got :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: geared up, and rode down to the lake and local R/C airplane park and hung out for a while. Two up on a 250, epitome of :c00lbert:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

anyone care to post a guide to adjusting valves that use shims rather then tappets? My 250 doesn't have shims so I've no clue.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I installed a state of the art GPS!

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

hey guys this thing uses SATELLITES and RADIO WAVES! It's old and big, but it was also cheap and waterproof. Plus I really liked 2004 :colbert:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

RAM mounts are the best thing, and yes the bike needs a wash.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Ola posted:

I went for a nice ride in the HOT weather.

Scandinavian talking about hot weather :rolleyes: It hit 105.1F , or 40.6C for you Europeans, here in dallas and we we goddamnwell liked it.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Ya, what I'm betting happened was it worked its way loose while I was striking fear into the local populace of soccer moms, as I noticed the temp gauge climbing and pulled off to check it out. Fortunately I was close to home and rode back after I gave it time to cool down. Either way looks like we did it right as I couldn't get any more air out of the system.

EDIT: Tejano is surprisingly cathartic when its hot and humid outside.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 1, 2009

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

shaitan posted:

Got my bike inspected today, while I was there they were repairing a Ninja 250 that some dude somehow wheelied and flipped over backwards. The owner came and talked to me about it, probalby to put the fear into me (it was the same exact bike, color and decals as mine). Was pretty interesting to see a 250 that had been down like that.. haha.

That's pretty impressive actually.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

250 for lyfe

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

the rule is pics or it didn't happen.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

It is also very possible to lane share in other states :ssh:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I was racing an SUV to a parking spot.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Reupholstered the seat on the transalp. I'll post a photo or two tomorrow.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

bung posted:

I'm not going to get the larger tank. I think the stock fuel capacity is perfect for the intended purpose of this bike. running to the coffee house back over curbs and everything else that happens to be in your way

Also is it true it doesn't even mess up your hair?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

blugu64 posted:

Reupholstered the seat on the transalp. I'll post a photo or two tomorrow.

Not too shabby for never having done this before and having 20 year old foam. Still looks alot better then it did all torn up.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

Lookit that Ninja looking all dejected in the background...

Heh, I took it out today for the first time in a few weeks. Been out of town on business too much to get any riding in, and man it was like that bee scene in honey I shrunk the kids. It might have more power, and better off road, and can get me to stupider places but deep down I think I have more fun on the ninja.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Bolted a pelican case as a topcase, put a new brake leaver on and adjusted the chain. Good Day today!.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Made good use of my new topcase!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

If you mean business then I'd look into mounting a pelican case with the foam inserts and put your laptop in that. Waterproof and about as indestructible as your you're going to get for the price.

EDIT:

jdonz posted:

I'm a linux fag so I actually use the keyboard :ohdear:

And you'll have plenty of space on the pelican case for a giant Tux sticker.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Adventure!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Finally got the SV towed to the bike shop for a damage estimate to send to USAA. :(

I havn't had to use my USAA->Progressive insurance. Is the service as good as USAAs car insurance?

edit: Never mind then, USAA basically resells progressive insurance on bikes, where as they directly insure cars.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 11, 2009

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Rudager posted:

:(

Guess it's off the tire shop on monday, probably not the worst thing to happen, the tires are the ones I bought it with and I don't think they're that crash hot.

What bike is this? It's hot.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I think you'll be ok man. If you did all that and only ended up with one crushed beer can, you'll be fine ;)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

Are those metzeler tourances?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Let me know how those work out for you, I need new tires on the transalp and I had those on my list of tires to check out.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 13, 2010

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Captain Apollo posted:

Hello I am back from the winter hiberation!

Took out the motorcycle battery and put it on the charger. Only let it charge for about an hour before I tried it again.

It's back on the charger for awhile lol!

Dude long time no see, finish up your flight training?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

You are the living epitome of :smug: now aren't you. :v:

Needs a GPZ 900

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I'll stick with the BD-5

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Went out to the garage to clean the carbs. Got it apart and the carbs off, walk inside to get my shiny new can of carb cleaner, only to realize I locked myself out. Put bike back together and waited for the roommate to get home. :bang:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I'm cleaning my carbs (again)! This time without locking myself out of the house (with carb cleaner inside)!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

That angle makes it seem like you wheelie everywhere you go.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

frozenphil posted:

Rode into work today and a student on a straight piped Harley pulled up as I was taking off my gear. He told me that my bike is a piece of poo poo, he hates "crotch rockets", "crotch rockets" are responsible for the vast majority of traffic accidents, and that "crotch rocket" riders give motorcyclists a bad name.

I complimented his novelty helmet, asked him if he's ever heard of the Hurt report, inquired why I have never seen his biked parked there until the weather warmed up, and walked inside.

Common man it is a ninja two fiddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

U.S. needs to convert so I don't have to buy twice as many sockets and wrenches anymore, and to piss off the tea party crazies.

The British burned Washington once and you're all ready to convert to their system of measurement. 8/24/18 Never Forget :911: