Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
It still amazes me after all these years of reading crazy internet posts how out of touch people are with reality. I suppose I am just easily amazed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
at least if you squint.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
you can take my Craft (weaponsmith) skill when you pry it from my Dorito cheese-laden grubby fingers

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
What they need is some sort of magical craigslist fueled by animal messenger rituals.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Poopy Palpy posted:

This explains something about Warhammer Online, but I'm not sure what.

Well it says their employees dance around references to Warcraft, since nobody calls 4E "an MMORPG." They call it "World of Warcraft."

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
well it was always a tabletop miniatures wargame so that's not as outrageous or insulting

there isn't enough venom in calling D&D a tabletop miniatures wargame, unless you think of history lessons as particularly venomous

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
do you get so angry you want to punch the television whenever you channel surf past the History channel

if your answer is yes, then yes it counts

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Cognitron posted:

I'm not saying "kill every other PC always, biggest tantrum wins." Obviously I'm espousing having fun, by doing what your character would earnestly do in the situation at hand (nobody in my example had any problem with my character trying to kill the halfling, the halfling's player included). My gaming group regularly deals with PC murder, and rape, which TG also seems to consider taboo. Nobody has a problem with it, because everybody understands it's just a game.

My gaming group regularly deals with PC murder and rape. You could say we are a more mature gaming group. A more mature gaming group capable of tackling adult issues like PC rape regularly.

:goonsay:

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
Yeah I would generally say that the hypersexual gaming slut is distinct from the grognard.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
Movies are not real life, Pieces of Peace!

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
hey remember when this thread was about mocking grognards instead of being them

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
because i don't.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

RagnarokAngel posted:

Oh I GOT it. He's saying that the Greek 4 element system is a standby and its against all logic to break it, and 4e introduced the "elemental chaos".

It's just so phenomenally stupid I couldn't believe it.

Anaximander's apeiron can certainly be interpreted as the Elemental Chaos. (I am just adding that to this non-discussion because I wasted plenty of money taking that Ancient Philosophy course and by god I will reference the Pre-Socratics from time to time.)

Really, I am flat-out baffled as to why he would mention Plato at all, except that he could be really dumb.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
nothing like deliberately awkward stammering in text form

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
that guy's doing it wrong, you can play D&D and still have dangerous sex and horrible addictions

just, you know, with less attractive people and such

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
what the gently caress does a poor person whining about games being too expensive have to do with grognards brah

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Kemper Boyd posted:

Pretty much everyone involved in the corporate side of D&D seems to have been huge loving assholes. Before WotC, that is.

Yes, because WotC is itself subject to BIG HASBRO, so it can't be the bad guy.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
do you think he meant "deposing a real king" and not "disposing of a real king"

i think he meant that but doesn't know the word isn't "disposing"

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
i concur

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
thanks i wasn't going to put any effort into a reply but you did it for me; rock on, gentleman scholar and forums poster "the wondersaurus"

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

DeclaredYuppie posted:

everyone kill themselves hurry it's the only chance

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
So it's just a poll? There's nothing scholarly about that.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
what the gently caress did that even mean

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

RagnarokAngel posted:

Al Gore should buy the property you guys saw that futurama episode right?!

which one

be more specific bro

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
well i think we can all agree on that

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
it's like poetry

poetry in iambic pentameter

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I can't figure out if this guy is a 300 lb. disgruntled atheist, or a 300 lb. disgruntled pagan.

well he was married to a druid so clearly he's a disgruntled pagan

atheists can't marry druids they lose their powers (atheist dicks count as metal weapons)

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

RagnarokAngel posted:

How the gently caress do people like this find friend's to roleplay with

nerds are disgusting perverts that's how

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
Don't blame the goatee.

The goatee never did nothing to nobody.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

shotgunbadger posted:

Ya know I dug Perkins for being the DM in the PA/PvP podcasts, and I didn't really know what he 'did' at Wizards. Now seeing that he apparently personally sodomized and burned the old FR to the ground to rebuild I like him even more.

Christopher Perkins is in charge of the RPG department at WotC, iirc. (He's changed positions a few times over the years, but he's under Slavicsek and over the grunts.) He's quite likable in person.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
They just dramatically altered it, removing whole sections of the established Realms and replacing them with new things, using the ol' "a big magical cataclysm occurred" shtick. I don't particularly care for the changes because they didn't really fix any of FR's problems, just the "too many high level NPCs" complaint you would hear all the time, and just added more eye-rollingly bad ideas.

I am of the mind that the only thing that would make Forgotten Realms better than crap would be a complete reboot, because I hold that most of FR's problems come from hamfistedly wedging in edition changes with cataclysms and dying gods. But hey, whatever, it's always been most useful as a bunch of maps and names, and I just disregard official material whenever it suits me, as anyone should.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
I don't know, I've never met a bear with a bowl haircut.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
Those orcs aren't just black. They're friend of the family black.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Dystopian Rhetoric posted:

but I think that some of those ideas I was exposed to as a child were good lessons that maybe helped me come to terms with ideas that are part of beings a White Nationalist.

I'm genuinely disgusted at the content of this post.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
what the gently caress is cruft

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

clockworkjoe posted:

useless crap much like your posting

too true

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
I have to agree, I would've accepted the loss of such all-stars as the berbalang if it meant a sentence or two of descriptive text.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Fenarisk posted:

So just go out and buy the monster manuals from earlier editions for like 5 bucks you poor fucks jesus christ.

Yeah, we're all a bunch of poor schmoes for wanting the 4e MM to have some description in it. You sure nailed it, you did. I have no money, and neither does anyone else who ever says a bad thing about the lack of description or fluff in the Monster Manual. And none of us have prior edition books. None of us.

It's you, Fenarisk. You are the grognard.

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot
Seriously if there's one thing this thread should have taught you it's how to argue a point without coming off like a loving jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerison
Apr 9, 2004

by angerbot

Clinton HERESIARCH posted:

are you surprised that these people think exercise requires supernatural aid

:hfive: