Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The smith on that thing is absolutely a risk of death move, im just saying if it was that with no "also even if you survive you have to avoid this curb" modifier I could hem and haw over whether O'Grady's all timer kinky rail is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I do also love the barley grind directly towards a 90 degree "axe head" of brick wall lmfao. Special mention.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Re: phone talk I think I just won't bring it. Like in the good ol days. Might make me try some harder tricks. I wish I had a cool skate crew to skate with so we could just mind each other's bags. Thanks guys

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Imo

Gold - Clive Dixon
Silver - O'Grady
Bronze - Sheckler

Nyjahs is probably the actual silver or bronze but whatever he has everything, just go film another part with all your insanity and leave everyone alone lmfao

I think there would be an argument for gold if it wasnt for that curb at the bottom of that thing. What the gently caress.

If you have to bring plywood and screw in a roll-in, then it's no longer a street trick :c00lbert:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

ImplicitAssembler posted:

If you have to bring plywood and screw in a roll-in, then it's no longer a street trick :c00lbert:

What about the bungie assist on the 360 over the fence? What about getting up to speed by a car / motorcycle?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
id never seen these real street vids and i just watched the non best trick one. chase webb's part is insane

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Lumpy posted:

What about the bungie assist on the 360 over the fence? What about getting up to speed by a car / motorcycle?

I think they're both sort of hmmmmmmm but speed assists bother me less.

Like I'm not really watching vids to see who can push the hardest and if there's a spot that would be loving awesome but there's no great way to run at it, or say it's a real war and the run up is sapping your energy, I'd rather you cheat it.

That being said, I also think what Nyjah did is more acceptable because he was reviving a dead famous spot.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

All those tricks were nuts but I love the chill vibes of Robert Neals. I'm sure it took him a lot of tries but when he gets it, it's just so smooth.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The rule is the more ghetto your solution the better. Having a paid team of people building poo poo is booooo. Propping up a grate with your friends board is goooood.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 8, 2020

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, but they scored Schecklers down because of the bungie, but happily ignored Nyjahs.

As for using cars/bikes to get speed. Yeah, you do find those on the street :). They're also usuaully used for getting crazy speed not just compensating for a short run-up.

My favourite of the lot was Alex Midlers, but also loved the style of Myles Wilard. I wish they had a compilation where they just played the tricks back-to-back, because I still think those two would stand out the most for me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah thats bull

I assume riley hawk and colin provost had help too but if not maybe thats why they werent happy about it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i wonder what dixon's "technical" trick at hollywood high was. seems like the judges would have scored that higher.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
It would be interesting if they gave them all the same spot and 24 hours to film their trick.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I like the format but it'd be better if it was just hammers taken from actual vid parts over the past year. Would be less of a hassle for everyone.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Squeezy Farm posted:

id never seen these real street vids and i just watched the non best trick one. chase webb's part is insane

Holy drat you weren't kidding. Real good poo poo.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
had to watch this a few times

https://twitter.com/thrashermag/status/1314674896622948353

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
drat what a catch on that

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdqCPPo0GT8

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Actually, quick edit. I just watched this today and it's really good: https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/ish-cepeda-s-dc-part/

e: oops. meant to edit not post.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/zane-timpson-s-fffurther-part/
This guy is crazy. The tweet spoils his ender but there is no way you'd guess the trick from the thumbnail.
https://twitter.com/thrashermag/status/1319683656890265600

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Jesus christ lmfao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I gotta wonder how many times you can even practice that without destroying yourself.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I gotta wonder how many times you can even practice that without destroying yourself.

Once. Maybe twice if you're under 25.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

sleppy posted:

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/zane-timpson-s-fffurther-part/
This guy is crazy. The tweet spoils his ender but there is no way you'd guess the trick from the thumbnail.
https://twitter.com/thrashermag/status/1319683656890265600

dang

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So twice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Unless there's some other approach to that wall ride theres enough scuffs on that thing to suggest a lot more than two and I have no idea how thats possible

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Unless there's some other approach to that wall ride theres enough scuffs on that thing to suggest a lot more than two and I have no idea how thats possible

Not pictured: the broken bodies of those who didn’t land it on their second try just out of frame.

But yeah, you are right, it looks like it’s been hit a bunch, and I hurt just thinking about that slam.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They should remake the prestige but instead of continually killing himself to do a magic trick he's making a David Gonzales part

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They should remake the prestige but instead of continually killing himself to do a magic trick he's making a David Gonzales part

:hellyeah:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I never really thought about The Prestige in those terms but it really can be used as a stand-in for any extreme pursuit of perfection of performance. Gotta watch that movie again if only for Bowie.

It's getting wet and dark and cold here again and I'm sort of mad that I squandered the dry weather not skating. I'm going to do my yearly regression where I skate in place for five months and convince myself that I'm good at kick flips and then crack my collarbone in the late summer.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://i.imgur.com/w8C4qgc.mp4

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I've been skating a lot lately. I really wanted to get better at transition this year but the first day I went I to a bowl I broke my hand, then when I skated a bowl a week later I broke my other hand because gently caress pool coping. So now I hit bowls and miniramps in the early morning so I can wear all the pads and then skate a street park at night with them off. I feel like an idiot because I get self conscious wearing pads but also I'm too old now to keep getting hurt, but not old enough to wear pads skating benches and ledges and small stairs. I'm basically just an idiot.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I love pads + bowl skating. It feels so much safer and I know how to fall. If I'm about to bail I just slide it out. Im also at the age point where I don't care what I look like, I wear gear so I can goto work on Monday. Getting injured could effect my employment and I've already had 8 concussions (unrelated to skateboarding) so I can't really afford anymore.

Gear is cool!

Edit: it's also gotten to the point that if I'm not wearing gear I literally skate worse. Like I can't even skate a mini without my helmet because I get in my own head and get nervous.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 26, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Pads are fine and cool, no one cares and if they do then theyre the weird ones

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

pads rule cause it means you spend more time skating. if i take a hard fall without gear now that I'm 30 I'll be out for a week or two, gently caress that.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Bummer with pads is that I still managed to sprain my MCL trying to drop-in on our home-made quarter pipe not an hour after we finished it :smith:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

scuz posted:

Bummer with pads is that I still managed to sprain my MCL trying to drop-in on our home-made quarter pipe not an hour after we finished it :smith:

My condolences that sounds so sad

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That's some Burgess Meredith poo poo right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
the worst part is that the quarter's been sitting in my homie's backyard for months, unused, in pristine shape.

We didn't cut the 2x4s correctly but the overall rigidity seems a-okay and it's easier to haul around now, actually.

spoilers for "ankle going the wrong way"

"yep, that's me. you're probably wondering how i got here..."