Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
Pretty good prices here: http://www.6pm.com/search/shoes/fil...goLiveDate/desc

In other news, I got an Earthwing Superglider today after only having a GFH mini with me at school. Went on a skate around the neighborhood and it felt really good. I used to longboard a lot in highschool and am just picking it up again after four years. I'm so glad I'm back... I love the way skating makes me feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
I fell yesterday and have, among other scrapes and bruises, two large patches of road rash on my face. What if I had landed just a bit differently? I'm going to go buy a helmet tomorrow after work and wear it every time I ride. My college graduation ceremony is Saturday and I spent way too much money on my brain to injure it now.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
Today as I was skating home from work, I saw two kids skating - one on a regular skateboard and one on a longboard. I stopped and talked to them and they told me they were going to go skate the parking garage across the street. I went with and skated a bit in there and got some tips from the longboarder. While we were skating they told me that they just finished 8th grade. I just finished college. Haha.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine
I have been practicing pumping on my longboard for a few weeks now and am just finally to the point where I can do it consistently with enough power to maintain speed and to (more often than not) accelerate. Whenever I lock into it, I feel like I'm fuckin ripping, but I bet I look like a retard to people who don't know what I'm doing.

To anyone who is trying to learn - focus on your back foot. When I'm doing it right, it feels like I am bouncing back and forth off of the back truck.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

maxmars posted:

Finally managed to put online an instructional video for those learning to pump (longboard, LDP related). Hopefully it will be of help for someone, I sure had fun shooting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3_ZS6CYoew

I saw this already over at Silverfish. While I've already got pumping down, I think it could definitely be helpful to people who are just starting - what I wanted the most when I was learning was clear video of peoples' feet.

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

Zigmidge posted:

Care to explain yourself or are you just another 16 year old?

Yeah, I'm also curious about what the big deal is. How does the longboarding's growth in popularity affect what you do?

EDIT: RobotEmpire, try here http://wiki.silverfishlongboarding.com/index.php/Trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

ZanderZ posted:

:words:

He wasn't asking about pumping, he was asking about pushing.

Portfolio, my pushing foot and ankle used to hurt a lot, but like Mugmoor said, you just have to work on the motion. Work on making the push into one fluid motion - the movements involved in coming down, hitting the ground, and the follow-through should be connected. Don't smack your foot down, but instead just make touching the ground the lowest point of the arc your leg is making.