Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I think I might try get back into skateboarding this summer. I skated for about 3 years when I was younger and while I wasn't that great it was awesome fun. I can remember the day I finally managed a kickflip first attempt after a friend I skated with for a couple of weeks once a year on holiday told me "Stop turning, stay straight" - I'd been trying to land one since the year before.

Soon after I was able to pull off varial kickflips as well, and at my peak I was able to do sort of varial kickflip but the kickflip was actually an underflip, not sure if this is the proper name for it.

I've still got my board, so I just need some shoes, maybe new griptape and some sunshine for motivation.

I tried to get into it about a year ago but found myself exhausted pretty quick and unable to pull anything off, but I'm starting to cycle to work so hopefully I'll be in better shape by the time I give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU