Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

ಠ_ಠ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrn3-Cb3iM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I keep eating poo poo on rock to fakies. I make a good number of them but I can't seem to get consistent. It's just really hard to figure out where I'm supposed to have my weight so I don't slide out. Any advice for these, or perhaps a way to learn them without bailing really hard when I do gently caress up?

Business
Feb 6, 2007

There are also cheap lightly used boards on craigslist. I see basic complete setups that are almost brand new go for like $40

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Megadrive posted:

I'm going to a skate park for the first time tomorrow. I'm going to be an old person at a park full of young skaters as I'm taking my nephew to the park and it's more of a beginners park with shallow slopes and no bowls or anything . I'm super nervous. :(

Just go early when no one's there imo

Business
Feb 6, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

That Hall of Meat Instagram makes me realize that I need a helmet once I get past being comfortable pushing and can consistently ollie. There's only like three dudes wearing helmets and a lot of them take some scary head injuries.

Its the arms snapping in half during mundane tricks that really gets me

Business
Feb 6, 2007

So I cleaned my bearings for the first time a bit ago according to some guide online. I also re-greased them, and now they spin slower than they did before. Did I just add too much grease or does it normally take some riding for them to break in again?

Business
Feb 6, 2007

After ten years of on and off dinking around occasionally on a skateboard I landed a couple kickflips for the first time yesterday :toot: saw an Instagram of someone doing their first kickflip and for some reason I just knew how I could get it to work that day.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Aren't big rear end boards kinda 'in' nowadays? I could be wrong about that. I keep going up .25 inches at a time I don't know when it will start to get annoying. It's cool that there are amazing skaters who are big boys as well as the stereotypical twig like teenager.

Anyways I have been skating again and having the best time. But I'm doing this cool thing where I am getting more consistent with the flip on my kickflips but at the price of for some reason landing sideways on my back foot and rolling the poo poo out of it. not great!

Business
Feb 6, 2007

important question I always loose the lil washers that go between your bearing and the nut am i going to fall and loose all of my teeth one day because of this????

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I'm bad at skateboarding but im thinking about becoming one of those guys at the park who yells and gets really mad every time i miss a trick so that everyone is like drat i bet he used to have tyhat trick hella dialed

Business
Feb 6, 2007

UFOTacoMan posted:

Probably not. It will be for another reason. I’ve seen a nut come off on someone one time though in a bowl so check your nuts often

I guess it doenst matter I am always going to lose them either way

Business
Feb 6, 2007

any recommendations for very durable/long lasting skate shoes? I'm happy to experiment with different styles just want something that is really strong. Leather/other new materials over canvas stuff? I think my leather P-rod shoes lasted longer than the last canvas pair I got (Joslin-branded) but I don't remember. Shoe goo works for the wear on the top/side of the shoe but not so much for the bottom

Business
Feb 6, 2007

it's so far above my head lol maybe I'll try watching it half speed

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I ended up buying the vans sk8-hi shoes. They seem very sturdy but I tear tf through shoes so we will see how it goes. I do feel like the extra ankle support is gonna help me out a bit next time I roll it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business
Feb 6, 2007

unfortunately I have gotten it in my head I need to learn how to do an invert. so far I've only managed to put my back truck on the coping on the way down and pull my rear end muscle (????). I look very stupid but ONE DAY