Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I really wish there was a park or something nearby. I wanna skate a mini again, it's been years ._.

I need a new setup too. Still have a 'young ones' flip deck, it's ridiculously small... And my wheels are so worn down, they're like 22mm now haha. My trucks are fine but I'd rather change my entire setup ... I also need some shoes. And a job to afford all this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I just bought these :

Now all I need is a new complete. Which'll cost me around 300 because prices are retarded high here ._.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Moneyball posted:

Just can't seem to ollie. :smith:

Don't give up! It's pretty hard when you're starting out, but oh so satisfying when you finally get it down :)

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I was thinking of getting Bones Reds for my new complete. From what I know they're pretty much the best for their price. How much more expensive are Black bones? I don't remember them (I also haven't been to a skateshop in like 5 years so.... )

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Reds aren't quick enough for me. I'd used them when I first started, in fact they were pretty much all I used. I had them on my first complete when I started skating again and actually grew frustrated with them.

I like my Autobahn Abec-5s. They aren't the quickest, but they got a smoothness to them that I like. And they are pretty reasonable, you can get a set for around 10 to 12 bucks.

That's pretty cheap! Skateboard parts here are stupidly expensive. A decent board is about 70 and a complete will be around 300. It sucks.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Angry Justin posted:

Not too sure about the complete for $300 man. The shop I work at sells our completes at $189.99, and that includes pro everything. AND i'm in Canada.

I remember paying 300 for a complete 5 years ago or so, in montréal. Where in canada are you?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Angry Justin posted:

New Brunswick. If we're dealing with 5 years ago, prices have changed a LOT since then. A deck will run you around $75 now as opposed to $95 2 years ago.

I'm back from the 'shop and holy gently caress, prices have dropped ! 110$ for a complete (not pro though). I got some destructo trucks, spitfire wheels, bones reds and the deck is basically a shop one. From what I've heard they're as good as pro decks, and much cheaper. Total came at 180 bucks. The grip and hardware were free, and they gave me a few stickers, haha. This rules.

Too bad it's raining and its not getting any better for the week... Lame ._.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
what the gently caress it snowed yesterday. luckily it melted pretty quickly... i hope it's nice out tomorrow ._.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
After readin Mullen's biography and watching some freestyle skating videos I really want to get into it, but all i have it 'normal' street skating boards. Do they even make freestyle boards anymore? I'm afraid I'll just utterly destroy my current boards with truckstands and all that stuff, eh

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Golem II posted:

here's a site that has them http://www.decomposedsk8.com/

Thanks!

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Yeah, the best advice I've gotten / can give about dropping in is to not think about it too much. Stay straight, slam that front foot down.

If you spend too much time standing there and thinking about it you'll probably get hurt. Well, you'll get hurt anyway since you're skateboarding but that's half the fun, right? :v:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

boydx posted:

Heelflips :argh:

I find them easier than kickflips and it's been this way since I started skating :frogbon:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Obscuritatem posted:

Aw yeah!
That's some beautiful smooth road you got there, most of the streets round here are like the surface of the moon.

I wish roads were that smooth everywhere in québec :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I really miss having a skatepark close by :(