Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Need a recommendation here! Found a Santa Cruz Landshark Cruzer abandoned in the dumpster behind my building. It's pretty beat up but definitely still skateable (I can attest to that) and it's been hella fun to ride down all the hills in my hometown but I have some concerns

The bearings are pretty rusty and beaten up, so I want to replace them for a smoother ride and longer cruising abilities. I'm thinking Bones reds? No idea what else is out there, these were just the most well-reviewed set I could find quickly

The board also originally featured some type of textured paint on top in lieu of grip tape so I think I just want to slap some tape on there. I found a few sheets on Amazon for like $7 and don't really mind if it's garbo but if you guys have a good idea I'll take it

This thing is an absolute blast and I hope whoever left it behind moved on to something bigger and better. The skate gods have smiled upon me :shobon:

edit - oh and the wheels don't seem to be in bad shape but they're definitely heavily used. Should I be looking at picking up a new set with the bearings or is it okay to replace stuff one step at a time?

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The Gou Miyaki tribute in KotR episode 8 made me laugh so hard

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I've heard mentions of really fine sand too. He did an interview where he sorta pokes fun at all of it and the super serious dudes who decry his antics and I think my favorite bit is

quote:

I don't alter spots in any way because I think that goes against the true essence of skateboarding: I won't skate a picnic table unless it's bolted down, I won't move any obstacle so I can have my way with it—that's fundamentally wrong. You cannot alter your environment in any way shape or form, and if you do you're a huge kook.

while I watch him ride the big yellow thing down a spiral staircase

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Absurdly awesome. That dude owns

also I kinda want to see a blooper reel

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
That Halloween video was loving rad. Gives me a huge itch to get out tonight

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I mean I kinda dig the Brazilian uniform but yeah... that's kinda bleak

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Watching my 6yo daughter whip around on a scooter makes me think of the Christmas I got a scooter as a young teen and absolutely ripped it for spring/summer. I was the odd one in our friends group back then, switching between rollerblade/scooter/bmx while my friends just boarded the whole time. Wish I could get a fat man scooter or lose some weight and get a less fat man scooter.

Daughter is also interested in skateboarding, using an old beatup board I inherited from a friend moving out of town. Excited for a local nonprofit/youth support group to open up their new (and our area's only) indoor skatepark just a short half mile from our house, they do all sorts of meetups and learn to skate lessons; I think my little girl will love to be a part of the crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
More Gou Miyagi? Sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK8K4Ghhtd0