Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
Another skateboarding goon chiming in.

Skateboarded off and on most of my life and can help with any questions anyone has. I'm living on a college campus now and it's a lot harder to find time to skate (:cop::argh:) and the nearest free skate park is a good hour drive. Nonetheless, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon since it's just that much fun and rewarding.

edit: This thread has caused me to find this nostalgic gem on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MO3k5QDYgs anyone who remembers this will surely laugh their rear end off)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth

Toussaint Louverture posted:

What's a good place to buy a blank deck?
Leaning towards This
I've got a design I want to paint on.

If you're going to buy a blank online I would highly recommend looking around ebay. The decks that pop up on ebay can be crazy cheap. I got an arto saari flip board for super cheap (like $25 and came with grip tape) on there. Shipped great and skates great.

edit: Go to your local skateshop. Many times you'll find the best blanks there (and the money goes to you local skate community :D)

nollek fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 28, 2009

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
So close to landing a kickflip down a 8 stair when, after 2 or so tries, I had a :rubshands: moment and lost my balance coming in (loving crowded at the skatepark have to weave around little kids) got 2 fractures, 2 torn cartilage, and a torn ligament in my right knee. Luckily I'm better now (6 or so weeks later) and am finally off crutches but holy poo poo, I think I'll keep it to 360 flips on the flat ground for a while.

nollek fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 27, 2009