Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

I finally found my board again and went out two days ago. It was pretty rad, our local park blows though, so I spent most of the time skating the actual walking area of the park. Almost managed to stall this big rear end rock.

My board bit me a few times and my friend joked that it was mad because I left it alone for 3 years. But today when I got out of the shower I had this black poo poo right below my knee and where my board hit. I thought it was tar or something so I went to pull it off expecting a lot of pain and leg hair rippage. But, much to my surprise (and horror) it came off easily and revealed a 5-9 centimeter hole in my leg. Apparently it was skin/muscle? I had no idea my body could do that.

Anyway, I hope you all ate dinner already and I forgot how painful boarding can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

Mincher posted:

Yeah, get that poo poo checked out. Unexpected holes in body parts are never a good thing.

I looked it over again just now and it's not as much a hole as I first expected but more of a deep gash. I'm guessing it was when I hosed up a really bad/hard ollie and it caught me in the same place. I still remember when it was. I have it covered now, if it isn't better in a by Monday I'll probably get it checked out, but I've had worse. The skin and poo poo I pulled off just really freaked me out. So I guess no skating for me for a week or so :(

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

Merauder posted:

I think I'm finally going to get out and put a new complete together this year to tool around with when I'm bored. Because I'm a massive dork I'm going to pick up this deck I think, but beyond that does anyone have any recommendations on hardware, or places to shop for stuff online that has good prices?

I've always ordered stuff out of CCS. http://shop.ccs.com/ plus, if you order all your poo poo there, free shipping right now. (I can guarantee that if you order the hardware they're recommending it'll be free shipping with that code on the front page.)

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007

RobotEmpire posted:

So, any tips on how to ollie? I watched a lot of videos, got the pop-jump-slide idea but actually feeling how to do it is another thing. trying it on grass for now so I don't wipe out every single time and break my wrists.

What helped me a lot with ollies was doing the motions step by step without actually trying to ollie. Like, pushing the tail down, then sliding my foot up. It honestly takes a poo poo ton of effort to ollie when you first try. But it gets easier.