Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

posting smiling
Jun 22, 2008

Bucket Joneses posted:

Does anyone have any advice on learning to drop in on coping other than manning up and leaning forward? I just can't get it to happen.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I've been practicing this at Marginal Way in Seattle. It's probably the gnarliest place I've ever been. Any help would be appreciated.

In my experience it's all in the name; you really do just drop. When I first tried doing it I would try to push the board down to the ramp, but keep my body upright and not commit and end up sliding down the ramp on my rear end. If you just lean into it with your full body weight it should be very natural. It's the least scary to learn on a tiny ramp, but size doesn't make too much difference. I've never dropped in on anything completely vertical, but I had a huge fear of dropping in on the six foot ramp at my local park that turned out to be completely baseless; it was just like the little ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling
Jun 22, 2008
I just got my first board in 4 years or so last weekend and I finally got to go try it out this afternoon. I can still do (small) ollies consistently and I managed to land a few shove its! It was really fun, but I repeatedly came within a foot of stomping on my glasses when they fell off my face. I need to find some kind of solution for that.

I got the board from Bill's Wheels in Santa Cruz as recommended on page 1. I'll post a picture when I get my camera back.