Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I need to get me some skate buddies already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So after 2 years of having my board lean against my wall I decided to go outside and do something.

I've been on my board the day I got it, but aside from that I didn't do much. So I'm basically relearning how to stand on it without falling. Which is as far as I got 2 years ago.

I put that board down on my driveway and put on foot on it and it was shooting every which way. I got freaked out so it took me about 15 mins to actually stand on the board. Then another 15 to stand on it with out eating poo poo. THEN 30 mins to push straight without falling.

By the end of 2 hours of almost tripping and going no where I was coasting down the road for about 50 feet at a time till I have to stop. Those 50 feet of just being on the board was pretty fun I gotta admit.

How long did it take everyone to finally get "skating" down? forget tricks. I just wanna get a burger then hit the beach and play with some dogs :smugdog:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I watch skaters all the time. I see one every day here in southern california. I see people skating every which way, but they're skating. That's more then I can say I've done.

I see lots and lots of people push mongo. That's the way they got thought so they're great at it. Pushin over cracks and up hills with out falling on their face.

I'll have to remember to try tic-tacs. 2 years ago I could do a 180 on the board even a 360 with out falling. I have no idea how I manged to do that. I saw some kid doing tornado spins on a board it was nuts. So I tried it myself. Got dizzy quick. I'll be sure to try and do that again when I feel ok on my board.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Shred in peace to the Phelper

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Andy posted a pretty heartfelt tribute on his insta last night. I just happen to be awake late enough to even see the post and today in the morning I saw that everyone had woken up to the news. Pretty much anyone who skates, has skated, or is a skateboard brand left tributes.

Was this because of his slammer he took a few months back? Kinda kept in the dark here.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zigmidge posted:

Congrats to team USA, you're reviving the idea of an olympic dream team again.

The responses from the rest of the skateboard community was pretty negative lol.

"Selling out" was a hot term. Or "this isnt anti-establishment".

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Long live skateboarding. I don't skate much at all(you can see with the last time I posted here years ago) but I'm a big fan and it's super fun to watch a promo video/internet video or in person. So it even getting any recognition as an Olympic sport crazy. Never thought I'd see the day.

poo poo, might as well throw surfing in the Olympics as well.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 9, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

One of the youtube comments was, "So, Rib Man didn't even show up dressed up?"

lol

This is a pretty hype video. Even as for a non-skatin goon like myself.

Here's a short but sweet one for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1bdqavNnY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Don't post much here, but god drat Andy Roy is getting yolked SON