Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

LIKE A BLIND PERSON WOULD! ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

See, I'm torn. Because on one hand I love watching longboarders fall, but, on the other, I will never side with a car driver, soooooo

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

It's a known fact that the further you run from the point of impact the less it will hurt when the adrenaline fades. Also laughing to show ya boys you're okay lessens the ego damage

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I would absolutely wear those pink swoosh Nikes

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Daewon Song is too good at skateboarding.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_8fzUvlQU0/?igshid=iodxm6558u3r

An 11yr old landed a 1080 on vert

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

sounds like another item for the Pros list of "reasons to ride a REAL skateboard"

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Thanks, this really helps answer my question and not make you look like a prick at all.

Hope you wear a helmet on your future scooter in case the next joke doesn't go right over your head

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I've yet to serious test mine, but I'm happy with my G-Forms.

Also, just to spam some more BMX into this thread, but this is just plain mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOttB2enSQ

I almost posted this the other day. So loving good.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

My days of giving a poo poo if people ride skateboards/bikes/rollerblades/scooters (yes, even scooters) are far in my past. If you're willing to huck yourself down stairs on a fancy version of child's toy, you're cool with me.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I always skated 7.5-7.75 decks (preferred 7.75) back when I was skating a ton back in jr/sr high, but I've always been a smaller dude. I got an 8 when I was getting back into it after college and it always felt massive. That board got stolen a few years ago and I keep meaning to get another, so I'll probably go back to 7.75.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

poo poo, this was fun.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anytime I've ridden a longboard I find myself getting extremely annoyed by not being able to pop ollies up little stuff or lift my nose up to drop off curb.

Also, who else grew up building ramps with zero knowledge of how they were supposed to be built? It was a big day in my friend group when we realized that you're not supposed to build a 4ft quartpipe that goes from flat to completely vertical. Might as well just be skating straight into a wall. I think one guy managed to "drop in" on it maaaaybe 3x and he was god of the group for it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^that account's sick.

Lol also, nothing better than building a way too steep kicker that's roughly 1.5x as wide as your skateboard, so hitting it anything less than perfect means digging your truck into the wood and sending yourself flying.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, minus a brief stint post college, I haven't seriously skated since high school. Would I be a mega poser if I wanted to get a couple of my favorite decks to hang on the wall once I move into a new apartment in the coming weeks? If it helps, I can still ollie!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

You're right, I should put together a new board to ride AND get some decks to display. You've talked me into it

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I don't think there's anything wrong with going all in on your board and/or shoes. If it makes you excited to skate more, then it is cool and good.

Ninja edit: also, all that stuff looks rad, so that helps

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

Loving this mutated no comply styles. Also loving the little ripper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrGdeyangM0

drat, that was fun

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

big trivia FAIL posted:

my 6 year old son got fascinated with skateboarding so i bought him a lovely deck just to let him fart around with. had a few to drink the other night and stepped on it for the first time in 23 years. landed an ollie and was stoked (he thought it was the coolest thing and i'm still the coolest dad) and quit while i was ahead.

This rules

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Every time I watch Rodney Mullen speak, I understand how he basically invented modern skateboarding

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

drat, this had me laughing out loud.
Good vibes and all terrain oddball radness. Make sure to watch right through the credits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG4sLYOpfAM

gently caress, this rules. I love seeing the sillier (but still impressive as all hell) side of skateboarding.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Awwww hell yeah Cobra Man is fun as hell

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Xrp0-Sewg

I'd never heard of Jason Park until today and, godfuckingdammit, my man is good at riding a skateboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

A true artist