Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I've decided to get my first new skateboard since somewhere around 2000. I was terrible then, I'll be terrible now. I'm getting the shop deck from a skate shop back home which looks rad as hell and reminds me of home. What would be a good cheap set of trucks/wheels/etc.

What you are looking to do, how large you are, etc. should all be factored into your buying decisions. It might even be worth it just to go to your local shop and get a complete.

I can only speak from a street skating background. I find that Ventures are the best for the price. Light, pretty cheap, and generally durable. Bearings don't really matter much to me; They're cheap enough that I can pay up the $15 or so when I bust 'em. ABEC 5 is standard, I usually go with Diamonds or Luckys. Wheels, like bearings, don't matter too much to me. 99a and 53mm, I usually just go with my local shop's. Hardware is probably the least important thing to consider but I usually go with Diamond. Grip tape is always hecka cheap so w/e on that.

I wish it wasn't winter in the northeast right now. It's been surprisingly mild though and I've managed to get out a few times within the past month but I broke a kingpin in December and wasn't able to get to a store until the middle of January. It snowed here this weekend though, which sucked. Apparently there's an indoor park close to me that I need to hit up soon, and my local shop has a mini-ramp in the back which loving owns but I've only hit it up twice.

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU