Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009

boydx posted:

Finally managing to get kickflips thank god.

Also, a new skatepark opened near where I live. Gonna be a good summer!

Its true! I've seen it..

Also started to get my tre flips back woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009
Edging ever closer to getting my 360 flips back, can't wait to finally nail them..

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009
Here's a few pics of me and boydx when we started out again about two weeks ago

The start of a kickflip.

boydx's tasty 360 pop shuv-its.

Click here for the full 453x604 image.

What happens when your hardware is 5 years old and you hit it too hard :(

We're progressing really well since we both hadn't been on a board in about 5 years :)

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Kickers are fun :) although need to get that board tighter to my feet.

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009

RedContraGuy posted:

I skated from about 13-17 then quit for about a year after a really nasty wrist-killing incident. Picking it back up lasted all of 2 months before school was wearing me out more and more. I'm 22 now and really missed it, so I've ordered an Element Flatlight deck, some Tensor trucks, and Ricta wheels. I'm just waiting for all of that to come in and head off to the local abandoned parking lots to finally have some fun outside again. We'll just see how this all goes.

This is pretty much the exact same situation as I was in, sept i only skated from about 15 - 17.. here we are 5 years later at 22, been skating again for about 3 months and I'm the best i've ever been. God bless skating :D

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'm a huge fan of skateboarding, but ever since I broke my arm twice 12 years ago, I leave the skating to the pros, or my little brother. He started skating on my old board when I gave it up in favor of playing music, and he has been at it ever since.

The kid just turned 21, moved to SF at 18, and recently moved from SF to NYC, all to pursue his love of skateboarding. Apparently he is pretty drat good these days, and rides am for a lot of companies, namely Paradise Wheels and Bloodwizard.

He just had a new video posted at Transworld, and wanted to know what you guys think, since I'm not the best judge of skating skill. My bro isnt a goon, but whenever he is staying at my place, he always ends up in the crackhead club house.

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000122637/news/aaron-herrington-paradise-wheels-clip/

Let me know what you guys think.

This is awesome! With a little switch stuff added into the mix this could look like a pro vid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Leo
Oct 16, 2009
Anyone here from Cardiff per chance? Down for work this week and will be up the plaza! :)