Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
So after a 7-year absence I started skating again today on my room-mate's unwanted 'fix it and ya can have it' board. It just needed new bearings and I'm proud to say that in a relaxed cruise around the block I only managed to eat bitumen twice. I feel like I've been high-fiving low flying aircraft :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I've almost mastered pushing without looking like a complete clown. :dance:
Baby steps, right?

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I broke my speed-wobble cherry bombing a hill near my place tonight. I feel that I'm part of the club now.

"This one's faster than I thought... drat these trucks feel a bit loose, hope I don't get speed wo-OH WHAT THE FU-" *THUMP - SCRAAAAAAPE*
I've got some pink-belly and some bark off my palms to show for it but I'm more pissed I scraped up my nice watch while I was belly-flopping the road. :argh:
Tonight's lesson: Remember your socket wrench.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

DELETED posted:

Sounds like you psyched yourself out a bit. What were you riding?

I think it was just too fast for me and my limited skill. I'm amazed at how quickly hills here can turn from 'leisurely cruise' to 'hail mary'. I'll go back and conquer it another day :black101:.
I'm just riding a standard hand-me-down Blind board with a set of Bones Reds. I'm considering getting a longboard but I'm sorta skint at the moment and just learning the basics.

Lurch fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 20, 2010

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I managed to land a few tiny ollies in my driveway last night. :dance:

Jesus loving christ I think my balls just retracted into my stomach.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I bought a set of Bones medium bushings and a set of 53mm wheels today from Skatebiz in Brisbane. I can't believe the difference the wheels make on the road. Thanks whoever reccomended the bushings a few pages back, I don't know what I did without them.

EDIT: Stupid me, I meant 56mm.

Lurch fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 15, 2010

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

Spermatic Cord posted:

I hate that the smallest of pebbbles can send you flying off your board. In other news, I can ollie better and do pop shove its now. So much fun.

Try running some bigger wheels. I changed mine and now pebbles are not less of a problem.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I went and bought an 8.5 inch shop deck from Skatebiz in Brisbane today, drat it feels good not having my big stupid feet hanging over the side all the time.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

Whalley posted:

Those guys are great. We shot the poo poo for a while when I got new trucks recently and everyone who was in there was just chilled out as gently caress. Dudes complimented my board and said it was like riding on clouds :coal:

Yeah, I've only been in there twice so far and both times the staff have been super helpful.

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
Got a silly newby question here. I just got a free junker setup from a mate and this afternoon I began the process of putting some non-shagged bearing on it. BUT... one of the axles is just spinning inside the truck when I tried to loosen the wheel nut. Any ideas on how to fix this or should I just ditch it?

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I did a brilliant scorpion impression onto bitumen a few minutes ago. :rock:

My poor chest...

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
Nah I'm too tall and ungainly for that kind of silliness. I did manage to give my new board its first real battle scar though.:haw:

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
Man, best thing about working night shift (I'm a Rent-A-Cop.:ssh:)is knocking off at 11pm then going straight to my local skatepark and having the place to myself.

That's right. Skating in full uniform complete with torch and key holder. Where is your god now?

Lurch fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't have anything capable of taking video but I'll put up some photos next time I swipe my housemate's camera.